• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interaction of Amitriptyline (tricyclic) with LSD?

Dropit

Greenlighter
Hi, I have just been prescribed 10mg of Endep/Amitriptyline and 2mg of Melatonin together to assist with insomnia.
I have attempted to research, but I am unable to find the information I require. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking at ingesting 300ug LSD soon. I am wondering how this nightly ritual may impact the effects of LSD. Is it safe? Will there be an increase or a decrease in effects? To my understanding, serotonin reuptake is also inhibited like that of an SSRI, so LSD being a serotonergic agent, I would think there would be a decrease in effects, if anything? I also understand that there is more to tricyclics (TCAs) than this, and I'm unsure if it's naive to compare TCAs to SSRIs in this regard.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Also anything in regards to what drugs are out of the picture would be great too (or generalise in some way based on the functions of them), if possible. I use heroin somewhat frequently, and also may use ketamine, psilocybin, and DMT in the near future. If this is a dangerous mix with my medication, please do advise me, and I will happily seize use.

Last edited: