• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Intensity of 500ug acid

Needless to argue with you since you seem to know already everything about everyone
Great, you tell me that I am not able to distinguish a placebo from a real bodyload . The strange thing is that I even did NOT expect any effect from such a small dose . So, according to the définition of a placebo I shouldn't have felt any effect
. Let it be, slk .

Believe in what you want I couldn't tell the difference between 10 hits and 50 therefore I think saturation point is real. The fingerprint stories are made up, any story where you trip 3 days is an outright lie. No amount of LSD does that, it's like saying you drank 25 beers and were drunk for a week. So take those stories with a huge grain of salt, all signs point to them being total bullshit.

Bit of a dick skl. I'm confident with my source of LSD. I get what you're saying, but the tone? Don't get it.

500ug, in my experience, will bring you to a beautiful, wonderful, intense, intellectually stimulating, aurally unbelievable, physically hedonistic state. lul, you can obviously see how I feel about this particular drug!

But seriously, that's IME, YMMV as always. But as the topic you've posed (intensity of 500ug acid) is inherently subjective, I felt I should chime in. I am someone that suffers from severe GI/nausea effects from just about every psychedelic under the sun. LSD does not cause any uncomfortable side effects with me. From what I've read (anecdotally), this is not uncommon, but in fact the norm. A bit of a sidetrack, but it is such a beautifully uplifting positive high, for many people. I cannot recommend dosing to a reasonably high level (such as 500ug) enough, provided that you are fairly experienced with psychedelics and are fairly receptive to their effects.

I could not in good conscience advise anyone to take 500 mcg of LSD without a sitter, especially if it were their first time taking such a high dose.

If unsupervised,
full ego dissolution
can be dangerous in any setting that's not a padded cell.

Also, if you're taking a dose this high you had sure as hell better be testing with Ehrlich's reagent to make sure you're not downing a handful of NBOMe blotters.

RE:
Great, you tell me that I am not able to distinguish a placebo from a real bodyload . The strange thing is that I even did NOT expect any effect from such a small dose . So, according to the définition of a placebo I shouldn't have felt any effect.

This is not exactly how the placebo effect works. In some cases the effect can occur even when a patient knows they are being given a placebo - the theater of treatment is all that is required. Your situation was actually pretty much asking for a placebo effect, so SKL is not wrong.

RE: SKL's comments on the certainly of doses,

I agree that claiming exact knowledge of doses on blotters is foolhardy and we should always treat such claims as estimates subject to error. In fact, OP's estimates are most likely inflated if they think they took 200 mcg and did not have
a complete trip
However, we have to estimate our doses somehow, and I think micrograms are a much better unit for doing so than "tabs" or something equally vague.

Last edited:
I could not in good conscience advise anyone to take 500 mcg of LSD without a sitter, especially if it were their first time taking such a high dose.

If unsupervised, can be dangerous in any setting that's not a padded cell.

Also, if you're taking a dose this high you had sure as hell better be testing with Ehrlich's reagent to make sure you're not downing a handful of NBOMe blotters.

Agreed with the latter half. But are you seriously suggesting that ego loss is physically and mentally dangerous to the extent that one would almost ever (let alone even remotely CLOSE to usually) need to be in a padded cell to avoid injury? Or are you just exaggerating on purpose? And if so, do you really think you need to engage in such fear mongering over a widely vilified, but generally (in the strong sense) safe group of chemicals?

But are you seriously suggesting that ego loss is physically and mentally dangerous to the extent that one would almost ever (let alone even remotely CLOSE to usually) need to be in a padded cell to avoid injury? Or are you just exaggerating on purpose? And if so, do you really think you need to engage in such fear mongering over a widely vilified, but generally (in the strong sense) safe group of chemicals?

I am not suggesting that ego loss is dangerous in every case, nor even that it is dangerous in many cases. I am, however, stating with certainty that it is dangerous in some cases. I have seen plenty of them with my own eyes.

Are you seriously suggesting that if OP takes a large dose of LSD, enough to forget who and where they are, without supervision, that there is no chance of them hurting themselves?

I love LSD and would never vilify it, but I humbly suggest that if you think large doses of LSD come without any form of danger to the unsupervised user, then you haven't seen everything yet.

I am not suggesting that ego loss is dangerous in every case, nor even that it is dangerous in many cases. I am, however, stating with certainty that it is dangerous in some cases. I have seen plenty of them with my own eyes.

Are you seriously suggesting that if OP takes a large dose of LSD, enough to forget who and where they are, without supervision, that there is no chance of them hurting themselves?

I love LSD and would never vilify it, but I humbly suggest that if you think large doses of LSD come without any form of danger to the unsupervised user, then you haven't seen everything yet.

My apologies, but I think what you're referring to as "some" really translates into "a very very statistically small amount of people." But, regardless

Do I think there is "no" danger? No, I do not think there is NO danger. However, I believe the chance of such danger manifesting in an individual is fairly insignificant. Or at least, far more so than you are suggesting. That's just my opinion. We probably won't agree, but I don't think that telling someone who is probably already set on trying to achieve ego loss that they are a making dangerous decision, when there is not in fact any real reason to suggest so, is effective harm reduction.

My apologies, but I think what you're referring to as "some" really translates into "a very very statistically small amount of people."

I would be happy to accept this if I could see the statistics. ;)

Do I think there is "no" danger? No, I do not think there is NO danger. However, I believe the chance of such danger manifesting in an individual is fairly insignificant. Or at least, far more so than you are suggesting. That's just my opinion. We probably won't agree, but I don't think that telling someone who is probably already set on trying to achieve ego loss that they are a making dangerous decision, when there is not in fact any real reason to suggest so, is effective harm reduction.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree. Personally, I don't think that telling the OP it is safe to take a large dose of LSD for the first time without a sitter is good harm reduction. I hope you'll understand if your opinion is not enough to make me change my stance. Thanks for taking a cordial tone.