View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Intensity of 500ug acid

Germanik

Greenlighter
Greetings ! Let's start with SWIM's experience - he have done lsd about three times.First time he
took around 200ug.It was from a trusted source but SWIM has no clue wether it was 200ug or not.
Anyways, the experience was intense especially when some pot came into use .SWIM then took
another blotter of that kind but in a different environment.The third time SWIM wanted greater
intensity and psychological reflection.Also ego death if possible,although he knew almost everything
is related to set and setting.He took 300 ug this time and enjoyed it much more,the experience was
more like a complete trip than the previous times .Now,after a 1 month break SWIM feels it is time
for another psychedelic experience.The point is,SWIM wants to reach an out of body experience
with full ego dissolution .Apartn from set and setting,would 500ug lsd do the job? And last but
not least,is the liquid form preferable ?

Welcome to bluelight. Using terms like "SWIM" doesn't actually avoid self-incrimination, and also makes a post more difficult to read, so it's against the rules.

Liquid acid is killer. My best trips have been on liquid but I don't think it's necessarily stronger. It sure hits you faster and has an amazing body high. 500ug is a good strong dose. It most likely won't be your traditional "OBE" where you rise up out of your body and start flying. It's more like your sensory organs are tuned out of this reality and into another. Anyway, yeah, 500ug will be sufficient.

Yes, assuming that you are in the correct set and setting for it, 500 can sure as hell get you there, as long as you don't just have a really huge natural tolerance (which most people don't). Depending on your sensitivy, it could even get you there in the wrong setting.... Just remember to be safe about it, definitely have someone who preferably can look after you or at the very least come to your aid at a moment's notice (but I would still greatly recommend the former). It's good that you have experience up to 300, but believe me, 500 is still a very powerful dose to most.... It's enough to get handed a psychedelic ass-whooping if you don't treat it with respect!

The form you take LSD in really doesn't matter. The difference in absorption it makes is so little that it will generally not outweigh the impact caused just by normal fluctuations in metabolism and such.

Also, the use of SWIM is not allowed here. It doesn't protect you legally anyway.

Thank you for the quick replies.I like to state that I truly respect acid and the profound effects it induces.However, I feel ready for such leap and I want to know
if higher doses bring more introspection and if they are more life changing, or everything is up to you.Furthermore,I am aware that bad experiences are possible but
they also offer very much to learn .About the acid potency - I agree 500ugs is a solid dose,but what about the people who thumbprint ?

I dosed 500ug of acid last week but when I was peaking I smoked a lot of cannabis so it probably augmented the trip to some degree.

Reality froze and all I could do was sit down and let the drugs take hold. Visually I saw flat surfaces take on the texture of wild ocean waves, small details turned into eyes, and the dimensions of the room I was in was paradoxically gigantic and tiny at the same time. Humans took on a VERY disturbing appearance; my girlfriend turned into this gray being composed of mostly eyes and swirling colors. I also sort of saw things unravel into a fractal like appearance.

Mentally I was very clear, it felt like I was able to use 1000% of my mental resources on abstract thought. My mind was racing a million miles per hour and it sort of felt like I was taught some dimensional lessons on how reality really works. Everything was repeatable to some order of ever expanding geometric shapes..!

I'd imagine this is all pretty subjective, and my god is it really hard to explain what exactly I experienced with words. It is very intense and disturbing what you will experience, make sure you are completely free of responsibility for 12 hours or you will utterly destroy your psyche. I recommend smoking weed if you do so normally, it really allowed me to completely immerse myself. While I didn't have an OOBE, I did lose my ego for an extended period of time.

Thank you for the quick replies.I like to state that I truly respect acid and the profound effects it induces.However, I feel ready for such leap and I want to know
if higher doses bring more introspection and if they are more life changing, or everything is up to you.Furthermore,I am aware that bad experiences are possible but
they also offer very much to learn .About the acid potency - I agree 500ugs is a solid dose,but what about the people who thumbprint ?

500ug will alter your mind for better or worse. You have a very good view of bad trips, they aren't something you should fear at all. You will probably have a very nice trip that will stick with you forever :)

Germanik said:
About the acid potency - I agree 500ugs is a solid dose,but what about the people who thumbprint ?

Well, personally I believe that almost anyone who says they've ever done an LSD thumbprint is probably full of shit, but even for those who have, the comparison is not fair in the slightest. A thumbprint dose would be such an utterly mind-shattering, ego-curbstomping, cataclysmically life-changing experience that using it to justify lesser doses is really not logical. The fact that it would be face-meltingly extreme does not change the fact that even 500 mcg can still be incredibly intense, because there's still a very, very large range between a thumbprint and sober. And I think it's also worth noting that anyone who has actually taken that much LSD probably had a massive tolerance and years or decades of experience with it leading up to that as well, and they were probably still completely blown away by it.

You do seem to have a good attitude about tripping, but believe me, nearly any active dose of LSD can kick your ass in the right place at the right time. Stick to thinking about that 500 mcg dose for now, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

I tripped on a dose of 400 mics some days ago . It was the first time I dosed this high and I experienced ego-loss for about one hour . I litterally died and it was the most beautiful experience of my life and I'm 43 years old . The trip was definetely life-changing . Apart from ego-loss, I felt for the first time my third eye, which was wide open for hours and a huge float of energie was coming in . Then stomach chakra, felt for the first time in my life as well . My soul left my body and looked down on the dead shell of my body an I quit finally the circle of death and rebirth and got into nirvana . Fucking weird experience, wonderful ! But to answear your dose question, I think this is very personal and also to a lower degree depending on set and setting . Ego-loss happens or not but you can be sure for one thing : WHEN it happens, you'll KNOW that it happens . If you are not afraid to accept what you really are and if you let you guide by the LSD, you'll be absolutely protected from any bad experience . You only need to respect your inner psychic landscape, which is indefinetely rich, beautiful and free from any concept .

Last edited:
Ego-loss happens or not but you can be sure for one thing : WHEN it happens, you'll KNOW that it happens . If you are not afraid to accept what you really are and if you let you guide by the LSD, you'll be absolutely protected from any bad experience . You only need to respect your inner psychic landscape, which is indefinetely rich, beautiful and free from any concept .

This. Higher doses of LSD will make you feel like you are going to die. Plan accordingly, if you feel like you need to sit down, SIT DOWN.

Totally right, but I, personally, expérienced my death as a wonderful thing, free from any fear, it was rthe most logical and natural thing to happen .

Thank you for sharing your experiences ! About the sitter,I would go without .Why? Because I have only 2 friends who have tried acid and they just want to have fun on it and watch the cool visuals.I think that's a pity,because acid has much more to offer - it gives you the opportunity to explore your psyche.The last two times I was alone at the peak and didn't regret it.I think to do it the same way this time, I will ensure a secure environment and no disturbances.Was just wondering if the higher dose would bring more side effects like stomach cramps ,but I guess that's inevitable.

Thank you for sharing your experiences ! About the sitter,I would go without .Why? Because I have only 2 friends who have tried acid and they just want to have fun on it and watch the cool visuals.I think that's a pity,because acid has much more to offer - it gives you the opportunity to explore your psyche.The last two times I was alone at the peak and didn't regret it.I think to do it the same way this time, I will ensure a secure environment and no disturbances.Was just wondering if the higher dose would bring more side effects like stomach cramps ,but I guess that's inevitable.

I think you should do whatever feels best for you.
I rarely have a sitter and usually just feel awkward trippin ballz around sober people.

Sometimes i trip with people though, but i usually do my heroic doses alone.

Well, personally I believe that almost anyone who says they've ever done an LSD thumbprint is probably full of shit, but even for those who have, the comparison is not fair in the slightest. A thumbprint dose would be such an utterly mind-shattering, ego-curbstomping, cataclysmically life-changing experience that using it to justify lesser doses is really not logical. The fact that it would be face-meltingly extreme does not change the fact that even 500 mcg can still be incredibly intense, because there's still a very, very large range between a thumbprint and sober. And I think it's also worth noting that anyone who has actually taken that much LSD probably had a massive tolerance and years or decades of experience with it leading up to that as well, and they were probably still completely blown away by it.

Serotonin receptors are pretty much saturated at around ~1.2mg IIRC, so the difference between taking this much and significantly more will differ only in length and in possibly unpleasant non-serotoneric activity, including stimulation and psychotic symptoms from dopaminergc action.

Also, nobody in this thread who says they took so many mics actually knows this unless they started with crystal, and I'm quite certain that nobody in this thread did. Yes, testing exist but not a lot of people are doing this on the retail level. Don't listen to dealers. People make up numbers all the time either as advertising for dealers or for users who think they can rate intensity on some sort of scale, or people who think they've done enough acid to know what mics feel like. The latter is particularly ridiculous. Back when I was doing acid and did actually know what mics felt like, I could only give the most general of statements about strong how something handed to me blind was.

Liquid acid is killer. My best trips have been on liquid but I don't think it's necessarily stronger. It sure hits you faster and has an amazing body high.

No it doesn't. And any subjective difference is placebo.

500ug is a good strong dose. It most likely won't be your traditional "OBE" where you rise up out of your body and start flying. It's more like your sensory organs are tuned out of this reality and into another. Anyway, yeah, 500ug will be sufficient.

Again this is just guesswork if you don't actually know your dose.

Convenient that everyone, I mean, everyone's dealer, is throwing around round numbers, too.

I dosed 500ug of acid last week

I tripped on a dose of 400 mics some days ago

No you did not. You dosed what somebody told you was 500mcg.

There is a significant difference.

How on earth people feel qualified to make these statements is beyond me.

Serotonin receptors are pretty much saturated at around ~1.2mg IIRC, so the difference between taking this much and significantly more will differ only in length and in possibly unpleasant non-serotoneric activity, including stimulation and psychotic symptoms from dopaminergc action.

Do you have any evidence of this? I've never seen a single mention of this saturation point that seemed to go beyond baseless speculation.

Also, I would love to see you do a thumbprint dose and tell me if you still feel that way. ;) Do you really think that "unpleasant" would not add up to the intensity I referenced if you were truly taking that dose, which should add up to at least hundreds if not over a thousand hits? Even if receptor saturation points are reached, it wouldn't change the fact LSD has at least twenty receptors it would have to saturate before running out of new places to bind. I feel completely confident in claiming that 1.2 mg would probably not even remotely compare in intensity.

And another note, "unpleasant" is subjective. :p Having gone over that much LSD myself, I can honestly say it almost completely destroyed my desire to ever dose lower than that again. Those psychotic, manic, dreamy effects of LSD are my absolute favorite thing about it.

Also, nobody in this thread who says they took so many mics actually knows this unless they started with crystal, and I'm quite certain that nobody in this thread did. Yes, testing exist but not a lot of people are doing this on the retail level. Don't listen to dealers. People make up numbers all the time either as advertising for dealers or for users who think they can rate intensity on some sort of scale, or people who think they've done enough acid to know what mics feel like. The latter is particularly ridiculous. Back when I was doing acid and did actually know what mics felt like, I could only give the most general of statements about strong how something handed to me blind was.

Completely agreed. Though, I don't think having ever even taken LSD at all is a requirement to know that 500 mcg can cause ego death.

skl said:
~1.2mg saturation point
Do you have any evidence of this? I've never seen a single mention of this saturation point that seemed to go beyond baseless speculation.

I think there was a paper from the Purdue group that discussed this. I will try to find out. The second-phase-dopamine one I think.

Also, I would love to see you do a thumbprint dose and tell me if you still feel that way. ;) Do you really think that "unpleasant" would not add up to the intensity I referenced if you were truly taking that dose, which should add up to at least hundreds if not over a thousand hits? Even if receptor saturation points are reached, it wouldn't change the fact LSD has at least twenty receptors it would have to saturate before running out of new places to bind. I feel completely confident in claiming that 1.2 mg would probably not even remotely compare in intensity.

And another note, "unpleasant" is subjective. :p Having gone over that much LSD myself, I can honestly say it almost completely destroyed my desire to ever dose lower than that again. Those psychotic, manic, dreamy effects of LSD are my absolute favorite thing about it.

Not saying effects won't intensify ... just that the effects will change. Perhaps to the "might as well be a different drug" level.

That said, I've taken quite large doses of LSD and IME the difference in intensity terms between 1mg and 2+mg (accurate, confirmed numbers) wasn't near what one might expect it to be but perhaps subjective notions of "intensity" were beyond me at that point. To speak on it further is difficult because you are so spun that making observations on your level of being spun is not an easy thing to do.

I think there was a paper from the Purdue group that discussed this. I will try to find out. The second-phase-dopamine one I think.

Awesome, would love to give that a read if you can find it.

Not saying effects won't intensify ... just that the effects will change. Perhaps to the "might as well be a different drug" level.

That said, I've taken quite large doses of LSD and IME the difference in intensity terms between 1mg and 2+mg (accurate, confirmed numbers) wasn't near what one might expect it to be but perhaps subjective notions of "intensity" were beyond me at that point. To speak on it further is difficult because you are so spun that making observations on your level of being spun is not an easy thing to do.

Oh, without question, but that's actually the point I was trying to make. There's no point in comparing 500 mcg to a thumbprint dose because for all intents and purposes they won't even be within the same experience ballpark.

I think LSD is probably just a particularly difficult thing to grasp because there's probably not a single effect it has that will work linearly forever, given all those receptor interactions and also those it has with enzyme systems and so on. Like, for me taking a huge dose like that is far more intense than <1 mg in some ways, but actually less so in other ways. I don't think I've exceeded 2 mg (I may have hit it once if one batch I had actually was 100 mcg each hit, but that would be it), but at around that level I honestly actually feel that the trip was more easygoing and lucid for me, but also extremely hallucinogenic in a dream-like way and out-of-body at times, whereas the lower doses are mostly just "regular" visuals and contained within myself, but my thoughts are actually a lot more random and wild and strangely I even seem more likely to black out at that point. Given that a thumbprint I'm sure would have to be at least 10 mg to really even deserve that name, I don't think I could possibly predict what it would be like by then... but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more intense than 1 mg still, even if you expect to be even more intense still than it really is.

No it doesn't. And any subjective difference is placebo.

Again this is just guesswork if you don't actually know your dose.

Convenient that everyone, I mean, everyone's dealer, is throwing around round numbers, too.

No you did not. You dosed what somebody told you was 500mcg.

There is a significant difference.

How on earth people feel qualified to make these statements is beyond me.

Why are you being so arrogant? Did you just come on this thread to call people out and contribute almost nothing? Please be aware that not everyone on this forum is completely unaware of what they're taking.

I am certain of my dosage. I've been using a sheet of 100ug tabs for quite some time now alone and with others. It is tested and I'm pretty sure by now somebody (or me, I've done acid over 20 times ffs) would of had called me out if my tabs weren't close to 100ug.

Claims of micage is a pet peeve. Perhaps you are certain. More probably you are not unless you are higher up in the food chain than most people would like to admit. And I take a skeptical view of claims of testing that was done by a 3rd party.

OP explicitly said he wasn't sure of his dose but it was claimed 200mcg.

So there is no way that this thread could be useful in answering his question.

This should have been pointed out.

What you say, skl, is complete bullshit. Use your brain instead before accusing other people not to know what they're telling without even having any specific information
. There are, as cyberius said well, people out there who know very well what and how much they're taking . How I know that ? In this specific case, I bought a vial with drops who where traded to be dosed at 170 mics
. To know more, I simply put one drop in a predefined quantity of whisky and took 1/10 of it. Which should then be 17 mics
. Since the minimum quantity of LSD which you can already feel is about 20 mics and since I was just pn the lower level of this mark and : since I experienced a slight bodyload, I was then be able to say that my dealer was telling the truth
. I took 2 1/2 drops of this vial last week
. Skl, I'll let you do the final calculation....

"Slight bodyload." Sure you can distinguish this from placebo? You can't. Even people who are sold bunk doses quite frequently experience what seems to be a threshhold psychedelic experience, until they realize they got bunked.