• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Intense pins & needles on the come-up in arms and legs?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
I've been rolling since ~2010, always with 100mg of clean and tested MDMA, etc.

Overall I get very intense come ups, huge anxiety/paranoia, general fight or flight feeling, feeling of "oh shit I am so high this is too much I need to take a walk, deep breaths now...". This passes as soon as it comes on and everything is peachy, welcome to la-la land.

But starting in 2015, I started getting extreme pins and needles in mainly in my hands, forearms and feet during this intense comeup. When this happened the first time, it scared the living shit out of me, thought I was dangerously losing circulation or something, so I decided to head to a medical tent, but by the time I got there it went away as the panicked come-up lifted.

Now, this happens every time I roll (probably about 15 times since then). It feels like a way more intense version of when your arm falls asleep, except you can still use your arm. I can't tell if its euphoric, or I'm just so euphoric that it feels that way. Its certainly not painful or even all that uncomfortable. I've gotten used to it, and can rationalize it during the come up that its going to okay and is just something that happens. But it still leaves me a bit unsettled, especially as I can't really find anyone else who this happens to. This is the one and only negative effect (if you can even call it negative) I ever get from MDMA ever, period. It's only really negative cause it spooks me.

Any explanation for this? I peruse the internet looking for information on this every now and then and usually find none (it seems somewhat common that people experience pins and needles on the comedown or days after along with other negative effects).

That problem sounds like poor blood circulation or some nervous disorder.
What is your consumption pattern? your age? They are variables that can be important.
Some of the side effects sometimes appear because our body is not the same as 20 years ago, or they can be a warning of some underlying disease.

Maybe here you find someone with a problem similar to yours and can help you in some way, but it is better to explain this problem to your doctor, this isn't a medical forum.

DocLad

That problem sounds like poor blood circulation or some nervous disorder.
What is your consumption pattern? your age? They are variables that can be important.
Some of the side effects sometimes appear because our body is not the same as 20 years ago, or they can be a warning of some underlying disease.

Maybe here you find someone with a problem similar to yours and can help you in some way, but it is better to explain this problem to your doctor, this isn't a medical forum.

DocLad

23 years old, first rolled 8 years ago when I was 15, only ever taken ~100mg, roll probably ~5 times a year on average. This first happened when I was 20.

I've thought about asking a doctor, i just figured they wouldn't know off the top of their head much about MDMA and why it might cause that since the internet doesn't seem to have much.

Taking MDMA 5 times a year is a lot, it was also my consumption pattern a few years ago and it gave me problems. Try to take MDMA once a year or every two years and see if that symptom is repeated.

DocLad