• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Intense headaches/ringing in ears from suboxone

Georgie25

Bluelighter
Does anyone else get this? I am looking for a solution if anyone knows one besides getting off of subs which is my ultimate plan.

I had gotten on subs after 5 years of being on a methadone clinic, tapered off of that for over a year and got on subs. My dose has always been 4mg (half a sublingual strip) taken under the tongue for the past 3 years.

Besides the side effect of totally not giving a fuck about anything and having no emotions whatsoever, I get these horrible headaches/ringing in my ears after dosing my sub in the morning which persist through most of the day.

I've taken advil which hasn't really helped much. I've heard spitting the sub slime instead of swallowing helps but I'm afraid to lose even more bio availability of my sub doing that.

Taking benzos like xanax makes the ringing go away completely but I don't want a benzo habit...again.

I buy my subs off the street so I can't switch to subutex so easily.

Anyway, is there anything I havn't thought of that has helped you guys with this problem? Is this a big sub side effect for many people? Thanks

Do you take generic? I only get these intense headaches and bad side effects overall from generics, the brand name Suboxone is like a different drug to me.

I ask cuz lots of people been complaining of the Dr Reddys generic strips.

-GC

Naw I take the regular suboxone strips (and always make a point to ask if someone has the name brand before buying it as well) and I still get the symptoms I described. . I have tried the light blue colored generic strips that say "buprenorphine/naloxone" and those didn't work anywhere near as good as the regular sub strips and gave me an even bigger headache so I stay away from any generic for sure now.

Maybe you could try getting subutex from a doctor? Or go back to methadone and taper down with that?