• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

INTENSE effects/panic attack from coffee?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
So I drink a big cup of coffee every day and never had any issues, I mean come on its just caffeine! I love it. I down the whole cup in one shot to feel how I like. But today, I got a medium coffee with an espresso shot from dunkin and downed it and I SWEAR TO GOD it was the same as doing a small line of blow! One of the worst panic attacks of my life... I've chugged plenty more than that in one shot and never got anything effect close to this. Totally different feeling than usual caffeine. I'm amazed and it makes me believe something was up with it.. What's the deal?

although caffeine in small amounts is a weak stimulant it can def cause a panic attack if taken in high doses
really no way to isolate on why you felt like that

I've over shot my caffeine dose on some occasions largely because i didnt sleep or had to study for an exam and I would end up unable to focus, heart palpitations, feeling sick. It can happen because your drinking too much coffee over an extended period of time or if you take it really fast and spike your blood levels.

Caffeine levels very in coffees, espressos, and brewing technique so its impossible to tell how much you ingested and over what period of time but yeah thats typical caffeine OD.

Ive had them from coffee too eventhough i mix half caf and half decaf. Theres the caffeine which you dont know how much it is and there are other substances in coffee that couldve caused it as well.