Insulin pen for peptides?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Does anyone do this?

I have no idea how insulin pens work but, perhaps there's insulin filled vials specially made for pens, or vials one can fill themselves with the peptide of their choosing?

It would be so much handier than painstakingly loading up a 0.5 ml syringe every night to dose 4IU of whatever.

Anyone in the know - is this feasible?

Does anyone do this?

I have no idea how insulin pens work but, perhaps there's insulin filled vials specially made for pens, or vials one can fill themselves with the peptide of their choosing?

It would be so much handier than painstakingly loading up a 0.5 ml syringe every night to dose 4IU of whatever.

Anyone in the know - is this feasible?

Insulin pens generally have prefilled cartridges that are specifically designed for the pen and then you just swap out the needle.

You trying to fill it up with something like HGH?

Insulin pens generally have prefilled cartridges that are specifically designed for the pen and then you just swap out the needle.

You trying to fill it up with something like HGH?

Effectively, yes.

But if the pens come with pre-filled vials, that obviously makes it a no go - compromise sterility etc.

Actually I'm currently injecting microdose melanotan 2 (1 to 2 IU) every night now and figured it would be much easier with a pen.

Looks like I'll have to stick with the syringe/vial setup.

No hold up, google says pens are in fact used for peptide injection.

You buy the pen and an empty cartridge - but sterility issues?

You could give aseptic technique a try ?? Light a tall flame (BIG candle flame) and work near it. Within a ~ 6 in radius of the flame the air circulates more due to air pressure so there's a less of a chance that dust will settle down

You could give aseptic technique a try ?? Light a tall flame (BIG candle flame) and work near it. Within a ~ 6 in radius of the flame the air circulates more due to air pressure so there's a less of a chance that dust will settle down
Lol brought back memories of microbiology labs.

Cartridges,

Insulin-Pen.jpg

Look suspiciously like an elongated vial

Perhaps sterility is maintained as it would in any vial to vial transfer?

I assume that's not against the rules as it's basically advertising an insulin pen, which certainly aren't illegal.

So, the procedure could potentially be as simple as filling a vial with, whatever - X number of units denominated as per how we reconstituted the peptide.

And then saving the bother of getting your gear out the fridge erry night, meticulously getting the right dose if you're microdosing (as I am).

Etc.

It could work.

could be conisdered "paraphernalia" but idk for sure. the mods can decide

but yeah that should be sterile if it works like a vial

could be conisdered "paraphernalia" but idk for sure. the mods can decide

but yeah that should be sterile if it works like a vial
Nah it's fine man. Basically any place selling drugs would be a no-no. Post all the med equipment you want lol. If anything I'd encourage it in the spirit of harm reduction so people don't do makeshift stuff that increases risk of personal injury.

i figured as much but i've seen shit like that taken down on BL before so i didnt know. it definitely is harm reduction that's for sure

This was eye opening. I never really thought like this in terms of stream lining and minimize the actual time required to do an injection. Sanitation would be an issue, but on the other hand if you buy things from UGLs then are you ever really guaranteed 100% sterile conditions? We just assume and hope they care.

I remember my friend having one in case something happened to his pump, but I was under the impression the cartridges were "proprietary" or something of the sort. Maybe that's just what the manufacturer would like you to believe.

Last edited:
This was eye opening. I never really thought like this in terms of stream lining and minimize the actual time required to do an injection. Sanitation would be an issue, but on the other hand if you buy things from UGLs then are you ever really guaranteed 100% sterile conditions? We just assume and hope they care.

I remember my friend having one in case something happened to his pump, but I was under the impression the cartridges were "proprietary" or something of the sort. Maybe that's just what the manufacturer would like you to believe.
If you transfer from vial to cart I'd imagine it'd be alright. I've transferred oil from 100ml containers to 10ml vials to preserve the stoppers lol. I'd try a "dry run" with bac Stat water to make sure the cart doesn't leak or something