• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc [insufflation] when the drugs stop burning

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
This is applicable to all substances, though I am specifically asking about Tramadol (I know it needs to be metabolised by the liver into O-DMT but snorting works really well for me).

I started snorting tramadol about a month ago and it had a pretty intense burn. After a couple weeks I noticed the burn lessened considerably but assumed I was just getting "used to it".
Now, it doesn't burn at all. Does your nose just adapt to these things or do I have like nerve damage in my nasal passage?
I don't remember this using other drugs in the past.

You become tolerant to the physical burning sensation, just like with everything else, tolerance lol

You become tolerant to the physical burning sensation, just like with everything else, tolerance lol
My collegue got a hole burned through her nose from the prolonged snorting Percocet and Meth especially. She went in for surgery. I don't know the condition of her nose at the moment.

I get nose pain near the top but yeah; I do get used to the pain as one develops as Opiatekrzy mentioned.

ChemicallyEnhanced. With all the drugs you’re doing don’t you think you need to kinda withdraw from them, I mean kinda get your seriously.

Not harping, just trying to look out for your safety.meds straightened out, you said that you where on phenobarbitals. So to me docs want to take you seriously, well you kinda need to take your treatment seriously

You are most likely destroying the nerves, and tissue, that sense that pain. Does snorting tramadol really give that great of a rush? It lasts much longer when taken orally I promise you.

ChemicallyEnhanced. With all the drugs you’re doing don’t you think you need to kinda withdraw from them, I mean kinda get your seriously.

Not harping, just trying to look out for your safety.meds straightened out, you said that you where on phenobarbitals. So to me docs want to take you seriously, well you kinda need to take your treatment seriously

I need all the meds I'm on due to multiple serious health problems (severe depression and anxiety, seizures, severe chronic pain...). I'm addicted to pain pills and anti-anxiety medication but I have zero desire to stop them as my life is not worth living without them.

You are most likely destroying the nerves, and tissue, that sense that pain. Does snorting tramadol really give that great of a rush? It lasts much longer when taken orally I promise you.

It gives a rush but it's not that great. I often take them sublingually as the seems to work the best.

Tramadol imo is horrible every which way possible

I think it depends on your enzyme levels. Some people get a fantastic high off tramadol, some people experience almost nothing.
Of course I'd give up the tramadol in an instant if I could get like morphine or oxy instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed tramadol when I had a low tolerance but it tastes so bad you'd have to be a masochist to snort the stuff.

I enjoyed it when I was in jail and had no tolerance whatsoever. I can agree that it is pleasant with zero opioid tolerance

I truly enjoyed 5 mg Norcos (hydrocodone) in a mild way. Tramadol, not really.

I had ultram, and other similar generic products, no APAP, straight tramadol. It didn't matter which formula I had, they all tasted horrific. I could see how maybe the chalky taste of APAP might mask the taste, if that's what you have, but i'm pretty sure the foul taste was from the tramadol itself. No other pill i've had tasted so bad.

Also if you do have the ones with APAP you are going to destroy your nose right quick with the amount of powder in those things.

I get that this is interesting, but the discomfort caused by insufflating the substance is not really tied in with acute Harm Reduction

I had ultram, and other similar generic products, no APAP, straight tramadol. It didn't matter which formula I had, they all tasted horrific. I could see how maybe the chalky taste of APAP might mask the taste, if that's what you have, but i'm pretty sure the foul taste was from the tramadol itself. No other pill i've had tasted so bad.

Also if you do have the ones with APAP you are going to destroy your nose right quick with the amount of powder in those things.

No, the kind I have has no APAP in it, I just know that that makes me puke it's so gross. Tramadol is bitter like all opioids but it's certainly not as bad as other opiates - heroin and codeine are both A LOT more bitter.

Bitterness isn't the problem, it's the taste. I like pretty much everything bitter, I enjoy my coffee black and I can suck on any hydrocodone pill and it's not bad at all. Something about the way tramadol taste repulses me.