• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Insufflation of Caffeine Pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

babubabu

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but this seems like the relevant place to ask these questions. I'm posting this on behalf of friends because they don't speak English.

This weekend a couple of my friends snorted a few of the Jet Alert (200mg) caffeine pills for the first time. Not a very intelligent idea.

Anyways, we were looking at the inactive ingredients in these pills and noticed they contain Silicon Dioxide. We are worried of Silicosis, and we wanted to get your input on a few of these points:

1. After scouring the web it seems like Amorphous SiO2 is not harmful to the body (water-soluble) as Crystalline Silica is - T/F? Is this also the case even when snorting the Silica? Furthermore, how can I know the type of Silica used in these little pills? I reached out to Bell Pharmaceuticals (makers of this pill) and they didn't have any real answers for me...

2. We are not exposed to silica dust on higher-than-normal levels, as our occupations prevent that. Should we still be worried about the amount snorted (about one pill amongst 5 friends) or is Silicosis a condition that requires much higher levels of exposure?

Thank you in advance!

You're not gonna die but don't snort caffeine, there's literally ZERO reason. If you want to snort something so bad just snort flour or sugar.

It's funny although probably not altogether a bad thing that you went as far as to reach out to the manufacturer with your concerns, I imagine that was an amusing conversation. I would guess you are all quite young, probably still in school.

Anyway you have nothing to worry about, you're not going to develop any form of silicosis.

In future just swallow the pills instead and wait until you get hold of something that is actually worth snorting if you absolutely have to put things up your nose.

I doubt that it's ever killed anyone, but it's an extremely stupid idea and likely to burn the fuck out of your nose. I hear the drip from caffeine pills is utterly awful, and I hear it burns like hell. It's also extremely harsh on your nasal passages. I once snorted a nasally harsh substance called DMAA, and it was fucking AWFUL. The burn was fucking horrendous and lasted about 10 minutes, and the drip nearly made me want to vomit. I have heard that caffeine pills are even worse when snorted. Just don't do it, you'll wish you didn't. Plus, even if it did cause a stronger effect from the caffeine, all that would happen is that you'd get jittery and feel like shit (e.g. too much coffee isn't recreational in the least).

just eat them, caffeine will irritate your nose horribly

I snorted 3 latte's today, was ok but the milk froth blocked my nose up

Just swallow them it comes on in 60 minutes peaks in 120 min . Its absorbed so fast orally youll likely just ruin your nose

Status
Not open for further replies.