• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Instant release oxycodone: Recommended dose with no tolerance?

whiteHot

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying some Oxycodone. I could get my hands on some instant release pills (5 mg). What's the recommended dose for someone without a tolerance? My body weight is 75 KG if it matters. I've got no experience with opiods with the exception of trying Codein once which did absolutely nothing for me. I want to take the pills orally.

Thanks and take care!

5 milligrams. First time I couldn't feel a 5 milligram percocet (mother was a former H addict well before I was born) so 10 milligrams was needed to feel any effects.

5 milligrams is what most people need.. 10 milligrams on the first time has made some folks throw up. It's not guaranteed but start with 5 mgs imo.

Oh and by the way.. I don't recommend trying it. But I know how that doesn't stop people. It's the kind of drug you might try and never be able to stop. The choice is up to you and I don't want to take that away from anyone. If it was heroin I'd have a way stronger opinion though :(

5 milligrams. First time I couldn't feel a 5 milligram percocet (mother was a former H addict) so 10 milligrams was needed to feel any effects.

5 milligrams is what most people need.. 10 milligrams on the first time has made some folks throw up. It's not guaranteed but start with 5 mgs imo.

Oh and by the way.. I don't recommend trying it. But I know how that doesn't stop people. It's the kind of drug you might try and never be able to stop. The choice is up to you and I don't want to take that away from anyone. If it was heroin I'd have a way stronger opinion though :(
Thanks mate! Why exactly wouldn't you recommend it? Is the risk of addiction too high from your point of view? I've read the "Should I try heroin"-thread and I have no desire to go down that rabbit hole. But I guess this is what everybody says in the beginning.

Thanks mate! Why exactly wouldn't you recommend it? Is the risk of addiction too high from your point of view? I've read the "Should I try heroin"-thread and I have no desire to go down that rabbit hole. But I guess this is what everybody says in the beginning.

At first it was a nice fuzzy feeling and lightly euphoric. I thought: "Why do people ruin their life with this?"

But then after the 5th or 6th time it got me for life basically and I did not even notice by that point. It grows on you more and more. If you want to try it I don't think it's heroin-esque in that fashion where the first or second time is an instant "whoooooah." But it does feel really good. I know that's not HR to say but I think part of avoiding addiction is about telling people the truth and what sensations/effects at least we might be feeling. If you're curious you could try it once or twice maybe--but more than that I can't account for what might or might not happen to another individual. And still you're putting yourself at risk for addiction by simply trying it. It takes people almost a full year or so to realize that they can't stop. You can't stop yourself in the case of this class of addiction. It's like you're possessed and know the consequences of it all and still see yourself repeatedly making the same mistake day after day--month after month. You begin to become so tired.

I just don't want people to face the pain and financial misery of going through opioid addiction. Potentially graduating to stronger ones and or overdosing on high-dose oxy. I don't want that to happen to even a stranger somewhere on the internet and we don't either. The withdrawal is not something I can put into words on the internet. It gets worse and worse each time you encounter it and by the end I was crippled with depression/physical symptoms for 3 weeks and I have never faced a depression so badly before from the sober realm.

Last edited:
Because it becomes easy to become habit. It’s a pill it’s not a needle in a seedy hotel, it’s warm, it loves you it doesn’t yell at you, it tells you all the right things. It makes you happy to talk to anyone then it suddenly stops. You take more the feeling comes back but this time not as long or intense. Oh well you’ll buy bulk.. if you don’t get robbed as most opiate deals are the shittest events to take place under the sun second only to cocaine deals. Oh damn now your money is dwindling. Your sick you’re plug don’t got no percs no more but he’s got heroin you said you never would you hate people that do that shit but your also expelling fluids from every orifice of your body. Fuck it you buy the bag. You get home take a sniff and repeat for ten years or maybe ten days till one day you get home take a sniff and collapse you got a hot bag And now your just another number. Save us the “it won’t happen to me you got control over your usage, you only drink on the weekends Spill. It got me it got them and it will get you. That being said if your still willing to play this game. Start with 5 mg. Never dose sooner then 6 hours while your starting off and try to not multi dose it will get you I promise you this kiss is deadly

At first it was a nice fuzzy feeling and lightly euphoric. I thought: "Why do people ruin their life with this?"

But then after the 5th or 6th time it got me for life basically and I did not even notice by that point. It grows on you more and more. If you want to try it I don't think it's heroin-esque in that fashion where the first or second time is an instant "whoooooah." But it does feel really good. I know that's not HR to say but I think part of avoiding addiction is about telling people the truth and what sensations/effects at least we might be feeling. If you're curious you could try it once or twice maybe--but more than that I can't account for what might or might not happen to another individual.

I just don't want people to face the pain and financial misery of going through opioid addiction. Potentially graduating to stronger ones and or overdosing on high-dose oxy. I don't want that to happen to even a stranger somewhere on the internet and we don't either. The withdrawal is not something I can put into words on the internet. It gets worse and worse each time you encounter it and by the end I was crippled with depression/physical symptoms for 3 weeks and I have never faced a depression so badly before from the sober realm.
Harm reduction is honesty. You was completely honest. You didn’t sugar coat it saying it’s evil don’t do it. And I’ll second it. It feels amazing but your mortgaging your happiness like a credit card, except this credit card is 100 % interest. You take 20 you pay 40. And one day if your unlucky enough for the law to not arrest you and dry you out yourself you won’t have enough to pay back. Bluelight Loves You and we all ask you to please not take it we can’t control you and you will never know exactly how bad it can get unless you go down that road yourself but I’m on that road now I’ve gotten off many times and I keep driving further and further and I pray to God or whoever fits this analogy I don’t die because of it

Harm reduction is honesty. You was completely honest. You didn’t sugar coat it saying it’s evil don’t do it. And I’ll second it. It feels amazing but your mortgaging your happiness like a credit card, except this credit card is 100 % interest. You take 20 you pay 40. And one day if your unlucky enough for the law to not arrest you and dry you out yourself you won’t have enough to pay back. Bluelight Loves You and we all ask you to please not take it we can’t control you and you will never know exactly how bad it can get unless you go down that road yourself but I’m on that road now I’ve gotten off many times and I keep driving further and further and I pray to God or whoever fits this analogy I don’t die because of it

Also it's important to note that before corona it was at least somewhat affordable. The prices for all substances rose on the street (unless people have experiences where they somehow lowered in their area). The quality of substances in general lowered and who knows if they'll be better after the situation cools down.

1 dollar per milligram is like a couple of beers a week when your tolerance is barely existent. In time when one is on 90-120 milligrams a day? The wealthy can obviously afford that and much higher doses by far. But then it's just a monumental waste of your time and money and emotional energy. Nowadays--it's about 1.5/2 dollars per milligram. So you'll be paying 40-50 if not higher for one 30 milligram blue of Purdue's finest. It's not getting any lower. Dealers like to tell their customers that but I also saw a flying dinosaur shooting camels out of a canon this evening. It's too expensive and that leaves basically only heroin remaining in the opiate price-negotiable category. The thread "should I try heroin" is a goodie if you're down for that.

This is all assuming you do become dependent. Really try to not use it more than one or two times if you simply need to know what it feels like :(

Thanks to both of you for the warning, really makes me think. I think I'll steer clear of the Oxys then. This warm, fuzzy, loving feeling that so many people mention sounds like something which could get me. And from the way I understood @GetMeOutOfThisCRAP the high isn't even that great. Seems like a gamble with very little upside and a huge downside.

When I was opioid nieve a perc and a half was enough to induce euphoria (7.5mg IR Oxy) for a 200 pound man

for a first time dose, I wouldn’t take anymore than 10mg Oxycodone, you will feel euphoria from 2 Percs

...perhaps even take just one 5mg tablet just to see how you respond to it.

Thanks to both of you for the warning, really makes me think. I think I'll steer clear of the Oxys then. This warm, fuzzy, loving feeling that so many people mention sounds like something which could get me. And from the way I understood @GetMeOutOfThisCRAP the high isn't even that great. Seems like a gamble with very little upside and a huge downside.

It's a major life win to decide to just walk away in my opinion.

The high isn't that great proceeding the beginning honey moon phase. The many layers of euphoria are permanently lost. Even after a decade of sobriety--the brain remembers. It always appalls me how fast one's tolerance returns. If I do it 3 days in a row after my life's opioid chapter, by the third day I notice substantial resistance to the effects (and this is after 3-4 months away from them). There's cocaine, MDMA, LSD, etc. Those drugs are more of the party type that I'd sooner recommend trying before any opiate. It seems ironic because they have physical consequences that are objectively worse for anyone down the road (minus LSD/shrooms in theory).. but they tend not to completely consume individuals to the point that they just can't stop redosing 10 times a day for decades. People overcome those addictions. So many people cannot overcome opiate addiction that even the potential of dependency is to be feared tremendously.

Last edited:
Opiate naive is 5mg.
Packaging inserts and doctors generally recommend
5-15 mg po every 4-6 normally 6 at first to reduce any side effects such as nausea.
oxycodone works substantially better when taking with a low fat meal as opposed to fasting or eating a full meal. (Banana and Spoonful of peanut butter works for me.
that being said if you are going to do it nothing we can say will dissuade you
Your life won’t be in shambles after a 5mg. But it starts a domino effect in some people like me. Where I no longer take it for pain relief or simple euphoria. I don’t get physically sick but I could be an anomaly that or my doses are still relatively low.

5mg should be equal to that of a 7.5mg hydrocodone that being said don’t push doses. Eat. Do not drink or combine with any CNS’s. Alcohol,Benzos.. Tranquillisers.. you will be fine. Also keep track of the time you take it. Do not take Any sooner then 4-6 hours. Oxycodone half life is 3.2 hours in some and 5 In others. Depending on metabolism

5mg should bring you warmth peace and an energy boost
Do not entertain what higher doses would do
Marijuana and CBD can potentiate Atleast it does for me. Avoid grape juice as it slows metabolism and boost peak blood levels until you learn your body and dose and most importantly report back to us so we know your ok. If I missed anything.. Or I’m incorrect you know what do to BL I would list sources but I’m busy. But trust me I’m sorta loathed for asking the same questions a lot

It's a major life win to decide to just walk away in my opinion.

The high isn't that great proceeding the beginning honey moon phase. The many layers of euphoria are permanently lost. Even after a decade of sobriety--the brain remembers. It always appalls me how fast one's tolerance returns. If I do it 3 days in a row after my life's opioid chapter, by the third day I notice substantial resistance to the effects (and this is after 3-4 months away from them). There's cocaine, MDMA, LSD, etc. Those drugs are more of the party type that I'd sooner recommend trying before any opiate. It seems ironic because they have physical consequences that are objectively worse for anyone down the road (minus LSD/shrooms in theory).. but they tend not to completely consume individuals to the point that they just can't stop redosing 10 times a day for decades. People overcome those addictions. So many people cannot overcome opiate addiction that even the potential of dependency is to be feared tremendously.
I’m not so sure. I mean my dose has went up but my tolerance has been gradual

Well, builds character.

Is that what that did? Personally, it kind of made me want an anvil to fall on my head! :love:

To be fair--I knew she was an evil spirit to begin with. So I expected something, Off the top of my head, I can think of a million things worse than opiate withdrawal. Like your man's best friend Fido passing away :( Your entire family is blasted off into space.. etc! But nothing quite feels as horrible as opiate withdrawal. I've never been bedridden from depression so severe for almost a month on end. The silver lining is that it does not kill you. Although, metaphorically you're basically dead lol.

During my doctorate program I created a life philosophy that helped me power through some bleak times. If one is absolutely incapable of enjoying the present.. then live for the future. Keep yourself as a place-holder within your life and continue working on your goals and dreams. I saw no point in being alive during withdrawals as one basically hates every second with a passion. It does not last three days according to blessed Google--if only right? Just arrange your life in the fashion that you can still be on top of things, so when the day comes where you no longer despise the way you feel the fruits of your labor will shine (bright like a diamond holla)! Rihanna knows what's up. They should probably rename "painkillers" something else entirely. They make life far too painful :poop: