• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Insomnia caused by Heroin

Rehabicable

Bluelighter
My question today is something that has tortured me logistically for a long time. My DOC has always been opiates of varying kinds and am now only a sporadic user after years of battle; maybe once every 2-3 months.
I have access to high quality H but is quite the process to obtain (on purpose) and do it is a rare treat for me. Anyway my tolerance is obviously quite low compared to other times in my life and now whenever I get my treat I usually use for 2-3 days straight until I run out.

A few years ago I started finding it impossible to get any sleep for hours after using. I don’t IV anymore I smoke it and whenever I start my little “binge” I always end up staying up all night the first night. I will always lie in bed for a few hours at some point Throughout the night but after 3-4 hours of being wide awake even after the high fades I eventually give up and just make some tea and prepare for a day of sleep deprivation. I’ll usually be exhausted enough the next day to sleep in the mid/late afternoon.
Its a nightmare if I have anything to do that next day and this is a new problem I never had for the first 10-12 years of my on/off habit(s). Just wondering if anyone has had this experience and has any insights or possibly solutions. I’ve tried stopping my use 6 hours or so before bed and it seems to still keep me up if I got a decent buzz that day.
Thanks and sorry for the wordy ass thread!

Heroin did the same to me unless I did way to much or it was cut with fet

Heroin did the same to me unless I did way to much or it was cut with fet
It’s so weird to me cause I’m not sure I’ve met anyone in person who this happens to.. all my friends/people I know just snore their ass off while I’m asleep in the other room frustrated lol.
I’ve tried melatonin, weed, sleepy tea, not eating to close to bed and the only thing that has ever legitimately worked was benzos but I really don’t like them and try to stay away.

It’s so weird to me cause I’m not sure I’ve met anyone in person who this happens to.. all my friends/people I know just snore their ass off while I’m asleep in the other room frustrated lol.

Me either actually. I used to drive my buddy crazy because he would be mellow on the couch and I would want to go for a walk lol. Heroin to me was almost like coke. My mind definitely slows down but i still talk alot and get the urge to go outside lol. You're the first I have talked to with the same reaction. I liked it because it made me quite functional at work. But most of the time I just wanted to nod off without having to od

Me either actually. I used to drive my buddy crazy because he would be mellow on the couch and I would want to go for a walk lol. Heroin to me was almost like coke. My mind definitely slows down but i still talk alot and get the urge to go outside lol. You're the first I have talked to with the same reaction. I liked it because it made me quite functional at work. But most of the time I just wanted to nod off without having to od
Exactly! I love it for work for the same reasons but it’s so damn frustrating when i have to pull an all nighter and look like death the next day. I could always get a nod but actually falling asleep just never happens. Btw literally happened to me last night (early morning rn) and am still up, thank god it’s my Friday lol

lol, I thought I was the only person who ever had this happen to them... not sleep.... on heroin.. but yeah the same happens to me the first day I get back on, just the first day though. I think it might be bc I'm just so excited to have dope again.. kinda sad but I never could sleep the night before something super awesome like going on vacation, getting a tattoo, or a big concert or something like that. But yeah the same kinda thing happens to me.

lower levels of anxiety caused by dope, increased levels of dopamine, this occurs when i take larger doses of Oxy in particular, i'll have either a slightly stimulated experience, or be sent to nod land, usually the latter but sometimes the former, dope tends to make me more sociable however, ah i could go for a small chase right now, buuut who couldn't right?

Heroin keeps me up too.. When I was at my worst I’d work from 9am to like 9-1130pm each day, then after work go out and get some dope a lot of nights, only getting a few hours sleep. Opiates give me a lot of energy to work and go long hours.

-GC

Took a big juicy pod of opium once in the NL, I felt euphoric and full of static energy while laying in bed, with tingeling on my forearms and legs for hours on. It must've been thébaine and morphine mainly. I thought I'd sleep but I ended up being awake all night. Nothing like fentanyl.