• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Insomnia and further TDA medication trial

Mracid

Bluelighter
I will probably gain access to ADD treatment drug, but I am also suffering from debilitating insomnia which I was able to stabilize with effort. Now that I get at least 6h sleep/day, I was wondering 2 things.

1. If I get XR will it ruin my sleep.

2. If I tell XR will ruin my sleep to a doctor, will he see me as a euphoriant seeking drug addict? Because I am REALLY not and the fact that I am 19 makes it unbelievable to the eyes of doctors.

Other than infos on how docs react to young ADD applicants,

Has anyone tried Hydroxyzine for amphetamines comedown? Does it work well?

And last question is pregabalin compatible with ADD medication to the eyes of most doctors?

Thanks for answering or simply reading !

And even if you did not IDK do what you want and live the moment.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with TDA.

I have used Hydroxyzine for the purpose you stated. It works for sleep but benzos still overall better.

I am not familiar with TDA.

I have used Hydroxyzine for the purpose you stated. It works for sleep but benzos still overall better.

Actually benzodiazepines are the only sedatives that make me either more insomniac or do nothing else than relax muscles.

That would be bad for a stim comedown. :) Which med are we talking about (amphetamine, methylphenidate or other)?

Hydroxyzine is one of the few things that actually make me sleepy so its suitable for that purpose. Tension in the muscle can occur with stimulants depending on dose so because of this and HR issues, I find benzos better. But at therapeutic doses this may not even occur.

Pregabalin is probably ok but would like to know the exact drug.

I see you said amp but some use that term very generally.

That would be bad for a stim comedown. :) Which med are we talking about (amphetamine, methylphenidate or other)?

Hydroxyzine is one of the few things that actually make me sleepy so its suitable for that purpose. Tension in the muscle can occur with stimulants depending on dose so because of this and HR issues, I find benzos better. But at therapeutic doses this may not even occur.

Pregabalin is probably ok but would like to know the exact drug.

I see you said amp but some use that term very generally.

Had some trouble with pregabalin after 5 month use so I decided to stop.

Based on what I know and what you informed me, using benzodiazepines for muscle tension added to phenethylamine based ADD med for daily use and Hydroxyzine at low-med dose, before going to sleep would be a good way to organize the stability of my daily habbits. (right now cannabis is doing everything but not as efficient due to tolerance).

Also It is important to know that I do not have ADD diagnosis nor medication for it yet (even tho I am pretty sure I have it, discovery made by studying cognitive science), I only have benzodiazepines and past experiance with Hydroxyzine. I temporarely rely on Cannabis to alleviate discomfort symptoms but it doesnt help with my productive action based on ideas/goals.

But I can't keep using a drug to feel comfortable, I need to be independant, be able to study, work, organize my life, etc.

Ah, ok. I am not sure of how it is where you live, but it is extremely common in the US and elsewhere these days for adults to be diagnosed with ADD even if they were not as children. We cant really tell you what to say to your doctor but find one that specializes in adult ADD/ADHD and explain your symptoms as a patient would. Dont get overly scientific or clinical.

XR meds could interfere with sleep but at lower doses can be effective with minimal side effects. You may not even need weed, benzos or hydroxyzine.

Ah, ok. I am not sure of how it is where you live, but it is extremely common in the US and elsewhere these days for adults to be diagnosed with ADD even if they were not as children. We cant really tell you what to say to your doctor but find one that specializes in adult ADD/ADHD and explain your symptoms as a patient would. Dont get overly scientific or clinical.

XR meds could interfere with sleep but at lower doses can be effective with minimal side effects. You may not even need weed, benzos or hydroxyzine.

I wasnt really asking what to say, I was asking how does it look like, to the eyes of a Doc, a 19 years old that asks for IR ADD med.

Weed isnt for ADD only its for muscle spasms, cramps, headaches, difficulty eating and (not really anymore) distraction.
Benzo are for mostly the same reasons except eating difficulties and distraction, which is why I cycle it with cannabis.
Questions about Hydroxyzine were mostly about insomnia amplified by Stimulant use.

For the last part, I was thinking about asking for IR because of insomnia that I have since I am 6 years old. Sedatives are the only way for me to gain sleep. If I dont sleep I stay awake just not intelligible or coherent but I never get tired from lack of sleep. My longest no sleep period (involuntarely) is over 55 hours, at the end I felt like I was in an airplane but still could not get to sleep.

I realize all that. I do not know where you are nor the stigmas associated with those who want to use a stimulant for ADD/ADHD. Its very common here in America but not a guarantee to get a script.

I was saying depending on the dose and actual drug, you may not need anything for side effects as you may not get them.

I realize all that. I do not know where you are nor the stigmas associated with those who want to use a stimulant for ADD/ADHD. Its very common here in America but not a guarantee to get a script.

I was saying depending on the dose and actual drug, you may not need anything for side effects as you may not get them.

Insomnia isnt a side effect, its amplification is. Since my brain can form memory I have a median sleep time of less than 6 hours, along with cognitive deficits.

And as I said, I do experiance symptoms of not sleeping, they just dont make my body want to sleep ! Which is something Hydroxyzine does (stopped using it because I have Phases where I do alot of psychedelics and Hydroxyzine reduce their efficiency).
Now I have NO access to Psychedelics so Hydroxyzine seems like a good idea to make me sleep.

IMO/IME, using hydroxyzine for a comedown off strong stimulant drugs (d-amphetamine/d-methamphetamine, LSD, etc.) is like trying to shoot a tank with a BB gun

Interesting. But do you think it applies to IR at 6-7am with the lowest dose like 5mg Pure Amph?

Absolutely not. Hydroxyzine makes me sleepier than nearly every benzo. How one can say that it wont work, especially since insomnia seems to be your issue, is just silly. I prefer benzos for the other effects discussed when coming off stimulants which hydroxyzine doesnt touch. But 5mg of amphetamine may not do any of that.

So basically my analysis was pretty accurate, I have insomnia, amphetamines amplify it, so Hydroxyzine is a solution for plain restlessness which is my only cause of my insomnia, but from what I understood Kittycat5, you have more the side effects linked to higher doses like muscle twich, muscle tension, anxiety etc. which would explain you preferance to benzodiazepines.

I have muscle twich, muscle tension and nerve pain daily which is why I dont use them as a sedative but as daily med since to me its not making me sleep at all even at 12mg clonazepam I dont feel even slightly sleepy and I use benzo RARELY. (once I took 4mg clonazepam and wasnt able to sleep for 26 hours, but felt great all the 26 hours, despite lack of interest in anything or ability to put my thoughts into something physically real.

But I agree with you, low doses of Hydroxyzine might not help Amphetamines insomnia but High doses are direct D2 antagonist which directly blocks amphetamine, but at that dose you hit mild antipsychotic effect.

Yes, I am talking more about higher doses. Sorry for a bit of confusion there. I dont prefer benzos over hydroxyzine for sleep (anxiety I cannot say), and benzos only moderately help with tension. I like them with stimulants because they slow my heart rate a bit.

But if I was to choose a sleeping aid from what Ive tried, 100mg hydroxyzine beats every benzo except perhaps triazolam. When you say restlesness, do you mean akathesia or just not being able to "rest" or produce sleep? Pregabalin could help either.

Yes, I am talking more about higher doses. Sorry for a bit of confusion there. I dont prefer benzos over hydroxyzine for sleep (anxiety I cannot say), and benzos only moderately help with tension. I like them with stimulants because they slow my heart rate a bit.

But if I was to choose a sleeping aid from what Ive tried, 100mg hydroxyzine beats every benzo except perhaps triazolam. When you say restlesness, do you mean akathesia or just not being able to "rest" or produce sleep? Pregabalin could help either.

Reslessness like having the ability to stay awake and plan but not act, sleep or interact with others, Basically its thought pattern restlessness. My body do not have this effect, it has other effects such as muscle twich, tensions, cramps etc. At worst time I cannot express facially my emotions because of muscle tightness. So def not akathesia. I tried pregabalin and the satisfying dose is 3 times the max dose and I get bad NA and Serotonin effect after a while of use. So pregabalin is too weak or not enough selective for me.

100mg Hydroxyzine is the closest I got to sleep inducing med but I wake up feeling like I did the opposite of sleep when I use it so I stopped.