• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Insane in the membrane...

Seems like while one might think they aren't having any problems, heavy daily meth use is gonna catch up sooner or later. I don't know much about it because I was never attracted, but that shit can't be good on the body/brain.

Last edited:
Seems like while one might think they aren't having any problems, but heavy daily meth use is gonna catch up sooner or later. I don't know much about it because I was never attracted, but that shit can't be good on the body/brain.

I'm currently losing about 10 IQ points a week and very nervous they ain't coming back when I quit. Body holding up remarkably well though.

Nothing has ever disturbed me psychologically like methamphetamine did. The power of temptation to do something that I only dread, don't like and is 100% negative to me, but it still wants me to do it. WTF is that shit lol.

I'm currently losing about 10 IQ points a week and very nervous they ain't coming back when I quit. Body holding up remarkably well though.

What annoys me the most, is forgetting where I set things down or put them. I can be looking for my keys, with my phone in one hand, set the phone down somewhere so I can use both hands in searching for keys, not find the keys then realize the phone I was holding on my hand is also now missing. I have to start heading out the door each morning an hour before I really have to leave to have the best chance at not forgetting anything, and not turning around once I'm half way to work! So it's the memory loss and a slowly emerging fear of possible future health problems. I'm in great shape too, but I worry, I do read up on a lot of things and I can't find where it's ever been said that the longer you do meth the better you will continually look and feel...the real kicker is that I love getting high...love love love it! And its also really easy to say 'yeah I should taper down or quit, when I'm sitting here haf and blabbering away. My situation, my issue, my troubles with all of this are so simple and nothing near as bad as others addiction problems and what they go through.. so I'm not at all comparing myself to any of that, I think all the responses and finding out it's not just me living this kind of life has been terrific and helps me, and hopefully others put things into a better perspective..

I find it really difficult to lay down new memories - for example if i read something I comprehend it but an hour later I can hardly recall what it was about. Same with names, I can’t remember the names of people I’ve just met but also I seem to be losing recollection of names of acquintances i’ve known for a long time.

To be honest @2spun4one I don’t think tapering is a viable strategy for meth. Once you have that first hit you forget your commitments. It’s a matter of going cold turkey anf getting through that first week of feeling shit followed. by re-jigging your whole life to avoid triggers as you deal with the craving. From then on it’s a waiting game until the cravings stop. Lots of medical options to help with that though.

What annoys me the most, is forgetting where I set things down or put them. I can be looking for my keys, with my phone in one hand, set the phone down somewhere so I can use both hands in searching for keys, not find the keys then realize the phone I was holding on my hand is also now missing. I have to start heading out the door each morning an hour before I really have to leave to have the best chance at not forgetting anything, and not turning around once I'm half way to work! So it's the memory loss and a slowly emerging fear of possible future health problems. I'm in great shape too, but I worry, I do read up on a lot of things and I can't find where it's ever been said that the longer you do meth the better you will continually look and feel...the real kicker is that I love getting high...love love love it! And its also really easy to say 'yeah I should taper down or quit, when I'm sitting here haf and blabbering away. My situation, my issue, my troubles with all of this are so simple and nothing near as bad as others addiction problems and what they go through.. so I'm not at all comparing myself to any of that, I think all the responses and finding out it's not just me living this kind of life has been terrific and helps me, and hopefully others put things into a better perspective..
Dude, this really sounds like a huge river in Egypt and and it is full of Bullshit!!!! You may not be living the Lowest Meth lifestyle, but using as much as you are, and the issues that you are sharing { YOU ARE IN IT !!}
Take a fucking brake and let your mind and body heal, I do not care how good you think you look on the out side? Meth is eating you up from the inside out, and when it is done with you , Dead men walking will look like models compared to your No Teeth, Scabby bleeding skin, no hair ,anorexic looking Train wreck

I find it really difficult to lay down new memories - for example if i read something I comprehend it but an hour later I can hardly recall what it was about. Same with names, I can’t remember the names of people I’ve just met but also I seem to be losing recollection of names of acquintances i’ve known for a long time.

To be honest @2spun4one I don’t think tapering is a viable strategy for meth. Once you have that first hit you forget your commitments. It’s a matter of going cold turkey anf getting through that first week of feeling shit followed. by re-jigging your whole life to avoid triggers as you deal with the craving. From then on it’s a waiting game until the cravings stop. Lots of medical options to help with that though.

When I posted this thread, my reason was because I am trying to just kick it down a couple notches, try to get a better grip on things and be not so forgetful, so my addiction is not going away. I've already lost a whole lot in the past, and I'm in no way planning on stopping at this time. Within the past several months it's just gotten to where I'm using too much, not for need to get high, just habit. I know the time will come when I will have to put it down and not look back, even if I was going to try to quit there's no way I'm going cold Turkey after years of heavy use. Is it any harder for someone who desperately needs to lose weight to cut back on food? Or someone trying to give up cigarettes, stepping down from that is not easy. Just not smoking as much dope... I think I can pull it off.

vnm8wcr97pm21.jpg

Grams holy shit.

Thats like hundreds of doses to me its like sickening to even think about. Im so glad i dislike it now.
trust me, the body adapts.. i never thought i'd take 300mg of amphetamine, let alone over a gram and a half, or be mixing meth with regular amphetamine with cocaine, the body is amazing.

Seems like while one might think they aren't having any problems, heavy daily meth use is gonna catch up sooner or later. I don't know much about it because I was never attracted, but that shit can't be good on the body/brain.
If you negate the effects that it has on oxidizing dopamine, you can use it without harm, infact i forget the drug i think it's Carbidopa? if you've got carbidopa to take along with meth, then you've got the ultimate 'go' package.

If you negate the effects that it has on oxidizing dopamine, you can use it without harm, infact i forget the drug i think it's Carbidopa? if you've got carbidopa to take along with meth, then you've got the ultimate 'go' package.

I admittedly don't know a lot scientifically about meth since I've never been interested in it, but I don't believe anyone can use it "without harm". Just because someone isn't experiencing drastic problems yet does NOT mean that damage isn't occurring.

I admittedly don't know a lot scientifically about meth since I've never been interested in it, but I don't believe anyone can use it "without harm". Just because someone isn't experiencing drastic problems yet does NOT mean that damage isn't occurring.
let me explain, there is harm infact, i want to elaborate greatly, this is going to be a lesson of a post, i'm telling you to get some popcorn because we're getting scientific folks. - i'll make it a single post

alright . basics and keeping it as brief as can be - Amphetamines of any sort (analogs) are Force releasers aswell as partial reuptake inhibitors, meaning they will not only use the bodies natural stores of dopamine, but if you end up depleting your stores, being a force releaser, it will force dopamine you don't have thats in the midst of trying to recover to be used again into the synapse to thus cause the effects they do, over prolonged binge use, this force releasing will cause the dopamine being released to be oxidized, when when enters the synaps causes damage to the neurons thus hindering the effects of the drug aswell as causing damage, not all damage is permanent it can heal, and i mention carbidopa because it will cause the oxidated dopamine to be reuptook aswell as aid in preventing it in the first place

here's the interesting part
cocaine.
yeah it's alittle off topic.
But my knowledge has to be shared while it's there in my mind, cocaine like ritalin, is simple a reuptake inhibitor, thus, it will release dopamine from the body stores, and sustain and maintain it in the synapse making it constantly send dopamine signals to the neurons make you 'high' or feel stimulated and good, but it's much lesser than amphetamine at equivilent doses, a half gram 500mg of cocaine, be it smoked or snorted will never pack the punch that 500mg of amphetamine let alone methamp can, BUT that said, in terms of a 'yay' ha. i just said yay, if you want to have a euphoric feeling without an abundance of stimulantion, cocaine is the pick , THE CRAZY DIFFERENCE
Is that being just a reuptake inhibitor, yes you can binge on the stuff, i've gone through hundreds of grams in 2019, that said, after a certain point, when dopamine stores are depleted, you will never achieve the same effect that initially occured, however like amphetamine it will still keep you going, but only as your natural dopamine is recycled/produced and sent back into the synapse to bounce around, amphetamine as far as i've read tends to be more a dopamine D3 D4 affector, but don't hold me to that one, however all this stated, for a 'high' Cocaine is the safer drug, while i will warn, very addicting IF you let it be but my view of drugs is very.. different be wary of cocaine and amphetamines, BE WARY THESE WORDS CAN'T BE MORE TRUE because it's easy to lose control, while you may not develop a full on addiction, your body just as opiates can develop a dependency on these drugs, and i can tell you, it's not so fun, when you wake up staring ath the ceiling and then go back to bed

well then. time for more amphetamines. ---------I FOR GOT TO ADD THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN HAVING A HIGH PROTEIN DIET IF BINGING ON STIMS, PROTEIN IS THE BUILDING BLOCK OF DOPAMINE, TO BE ABLE TO BE PROCESSED, AND STORED, USED, RECYCLED, REPAIR AND ADD TO OLDER DOPAMINE MOLECULES.

STAY SAFE

~Zonxx

Last edited:
I've been doing 4-7mgs of adderal a day, strictly as a mood enhancer. I also have to take about 180mgs of oxy for lower back issues. Unfortunately I need a fucking fusion....I've just gotten over a laminectomy that was successful. The problem is I do crave the adderal but when it interacts with the oxy, it tightens up the muscles and causes more back pain. I need the mood enhancer effect of the addy but the increased pain isn't worth it.
I'm going to try to switch opiates to see if that helps.
Once you get up to 20mgs of adderal supposedly it becomes more stimulating and less help for mood. There's a recent book out that discusses all this but I haven't downloaded it yet.
I'm heartily sick of being on all these meds. The shit just gets annoying. There is no way to get a balance. Pbbbtt.....those are my thoughts today.

I just went three days without any meth and stayed in bed on valium and chill music and have now started substituting 10 mg prescribed pharmaceutical d-amp 3x daily to see if it manages cravings. Seems a bit ambitious to hope that 30 mg d-amp is going to alleviate cravings for what had gotten up to about 1g of meth a day but so far so good. Main thing is avoiding anything triggery I think. So far so good - I even did a fair bit of detailed intellectual work this morning which is cause for hope. I'm not a lost cause yet.

I just went three days without any meth and stayed in bed on valium and chill music and have now started substituting 10 mg prescribed pharmaceutical d-amp 3x daily to see if it manages cravings. Seems a bit ambitious to hope that 30 mg d-amp is going to alleviate cravings for what had gotten up to about 1g of meth a day but so far so good. Main thing is avoiding anything triggery I think. So far so good - I even did a fair bit of detailed intellectual work this morning which is cause for hope. I'm not a lost cause yet.
If you are committed and stay that way, you will very definitely succeed. Sometimes it takes more than one or two tries. Fuck it, if ya screw up, get back on the mule that brought you into dopesville, kick it into action!
Detox is the easy part.
So....what's the plan to stay busy for a while afterwards? Besides work?
Congratulations on your plan....I think it will be helpful. Yeah, use this time to see what you can do about avoiding triggers and two good ideas on how to handle those triggers when they happen.

Idea One...Slap yourself Hard if you put yourself amongst it. Continue to use physical abuse while you call your designated person that will drop everything and talk you down.

Idea Two...Tie your shoelaces together or better yet use a piece of rope around your knees. Tie your legs to something stable, take your phone and throw it down the hall. Do not use your hands or arms to untie yourself. Use this time to MAKE yourself call your designated person, after you've crawled down the hall with a chair tied to your ass.

The point being...major distraction. Just don't believe the addict mantra of, "don't think, just score" . Find some vision or action to kill the "oh goodie, this is gonna be awesome" prescore high. Kill that sumbitch, visualize it going down a storm drain to Ratsville.
Distraction...seriously, what are going to do when opportunity knocks?