• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Insane in the membrane...

2spun4one

Bluelighter
I am addicted with no denying. I smoke meth pretty much all day/night every day. I also eat/sleep/work/pay my bills/function/maintain/work a full time job,etc... The only real problem I have is that my short term memory is almost gone sometimes... I live someplace where its everywhere, and is cheap, and good, so no financial problems, never an issue getting more. The only area where Im really having issues is very bad short term memory often. I am really thinking hard about tapering, i just don't know how to unlock my habit from being a huge part of my life and daily routine. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated...I have identified my use as exceesive , and I understand no matter how much I'm fine with my lifestyle it's just got to slow down. It's an everyday thing for me to wake up to 30-40 hits off.the pipe, with unlimited maintenance all day. This much daily use is the norm for me, absolutely fits into my lifestyle and keeps me poppin 24/7/365. I know it's time for me to drastically cut back I just don't know what that starts by doing.

It's ok man I shot out my short/long term memories. I don't even remember much before last year. Honestly this year is gonna go fuzzy if I don't keep "REMEMBERING" stuff.

You're gonna have to rip the bandaid off. Meth isn't a taper-friendly drug. Like just quit using, sleep and eat a lot, you'll feel like shit but it'll go away real quick. Few days/week tops in my experience.

Honestly yes it's addictive and quite euphoric but you're REALLY LUCKY you're not abusing heroin, benzos etc that way. Those are fucking HARD to quit. <3

I do not have any experience with Meth. My only Stim was Freebase ( yes I am old enough that we did not have Crack, had to Cook our own :ROFLMAO:) , and that was to Drink more.
Stopping will he unpleasant , but doable, staying stopped with your current situation sounds like that is where the trouble will be?? Daily habit , that does not have access, or financial problems, may be hard?? I always find it very hard to say fuck it , and use. Very few alcoholics can tend Bar and stay Sober?? good luck. But it will need to stop for awhile and reset your brain and body. Meth is not a drug that you can do forever, or forever is a lot Shorter than life would be with out it !!!

It's ok man I shot out my short/long term memories. I don't even remember much before last year. Honestly this year is gonna go fuzzy if I don't keep "REMEMBERING" stuff.

You're gonna have to rip the bandaid off. Meth isn't a taper-friendly drug. Like just quit using, sleep and eat a lot, you'll feel like shit but it'll go away real quick. Few days/week tops in my experience.

Honestly yes it's addictive and quite euphoric but you're REALLY LUCKY you're not abusing heroin, benzos etc that way. Those are fucking HARD to quit. <3
I have lots of friends that are into the H, and I see what they are like so yeah. Completely stopping, that's just not an option right now.
I don't really want to quit anyway, just take it back a few notches. Taking the first real step in cutting down and sticking to that would be a milestone all in itself.

It's such a moreish drug that I couldn't "cut back". I mean I was able to use LESS per dose LESS often but, I was still HIGH ALL THE TIME.

My advice: take a break. I know you don't want to. I know. I've shot a lot of meth in my lifetime and I'm totally over it now.

Just either keep using or stop; the in between thing will drive one crazy and make you want to keep using harder/longer. Honestly. That's my experience.

You can use it once a day and just enjoy the ride and crash at night, like, some people do that. One dose and I'll be high for like 2 days I can't stand that horse shit it's too anxiogenic for me.

Like I have PTSD so my brain is wildly different from most people's.

It's such a moreish drug that I couldn't "cut back". I mean I was able to use LESS per dose LESS often but, I was still HIGH ALL THE TIME.

My advice: take a break. I know you don't want to. I know. I've shot a lot of meth in my lifetime and I'm totally over it now.

Just either keep using or stop; the in between thing will drive one crazy and make you want to keep using harder/longer. Honestly. That's my experience.

You can use it once a day and just enjoy the ride and crash at night, like, some people do that. One dose and I'll be high for like 2 days I can't stand that horse shit it's too anxiogenic for me.

Like I have PTSD so my brain is wildly different from most people's.

You are right, it's definately not a drug you can reverse the amount you use. After about 5 yrs off, with only a couple relapses within that time, I just dove right back into it, except this time my entire life circumstances were different and this time I don't get involved in the lifestyle, just in it for the head change, and it's nothing I even worry about, having a couple grams and a pipe with me is no different than having my cigarettes with me. Not to mention I love doing it, and I'm high as fuck all the time like you mentioned, but I have a life, it's not getting in the way of anything, and just reading over this and other posts of mine it's nothing but praise for my little high as fuck life in tweakerville!!

To take a break, look ahead for thirty days and plan your financial issues. Stuff like...can you have one months worth money reserve in the bank? Can someone in the family contribute any of their pay check? Can you set up automatic payments so you don't have to remember to pay a bill? Do you have vacation time? If self employed, who can mind the store? Basically planning a sick/medical leave.
Then in your personal life, inform those close to you that you are doing a medical taper of your meds. You don't have to tell them what it is...just that your doctor wants you to stop a med and it's likely to make you act differently. Whenever I stopped speed, I'd sleep for days, that may happen for you also so plan for that.

Whenever I've gotten back on my meds after a break, My consumption is less because my tolerance is lower. Everyone is different though, have you ever tried to cut down in the past?

for me personally, methamphetamine is not something I wanted to do after a few experiments. I really like food and sleep, but its so insanely addictive. So as long as I wasn't around it I wouldn't even contemplate buying any. However if it was offered to me, or if I was even around it, it is nearly impossible to turn down. So much so, just as I explained in another thread, that I had to eliminate a ton of my "friends." Triggers are often overlooked, but just as important as actually stopping use. Knowing who I could trust to not use or discuss around me is also important.

So OP if its everywhere, as difficult as it sounds, change your scenery.

To take a break, look ahead for thirty days and plan your financial issues. Stuff like...can you have one months worth money reserve in the bank? Can someone in the family contribute any of their pay check? Can you set up automatic payments so you don't have to remember to pay a bill? Do you have vacation time? If self employed, who can mind the store? Basically planning a sick/medical leave.
Then in your personal life, inform those close to you that you are doing a medical taper of your meds. You don't have to tell them what it is...just that your doctor wants you to stop a med and it's likely to make you act differently. Whenever I stopped speed, I'd sleep for days, that may happen for you also so plan for that.

Whenever I've gotten back on my meds after a break, My consumption is less because my tolerance is lower. Everyone is different though, have you ever tried to cut down in the past?

Oh yeah, I even stopped for 5yrs, with only 2 or 3 relapses during that time. Yes, I've already been down all the bad roads I want to go on, like I said I stay away from that lifestyle.

Best reply so far

I can verify that I'll sleep in for a few days too and it kind of sucks because you want to get up and do things but you absolutely can't

I can verify that I'll sleep in for a few days too and it kind of sucks because you want to get up and do things but you absolutely can't
I'm bed ridden for about two weeks only Abel to piss shit eat and sleep feels like my pinky finger weighs 10,000 lbs sucks to be totally depending on meth to function.i also work pay bills ECT. But still sucks to HAVE to have it

So I don't feel that heavy when I come off it but it's like if I'm trying to stay awake I'll fall asleep and like black out wherever I am: in bed, in a chair or the sofa and I can feel my Consciousness fading away as if I needed to stay conscious

To be fair there is such a concept as a sleep debt and if you don't get enough sleep no matter what that shit will happen to you and it's really unpleasant I've been awake for up to 7 days before without sleep and I met people who done longer without speed it's not fun sleep deprivation can be a tool but it kind of fucking is not fun

Earlier this year I was sleep deprived for like 4 days mostly not from speed mostly from benzo withdrawal and it ended up being one of the better experiences of my whole life mostly because I was really suicidally depressed for a long time and whatever I did snap my mind out of it at least temporarily and gave me just a little bit more gas to keep going spiritually

You are right, it's definately not a drug you can reverse the amount you use. After about 5 yrs off, with only a couple relapses within that time, I just dove right back into it, except this time my entire life circumstances were different and this time I don't get involved in the lifestyle, just in it for the head change, and it's nothing I even worry about, having a couple grams and a pipe with me is no different than having my cigarettes with me. Not to mention I love doing it, and I'm high as fuck all the time like you mentioned, but I have a life, it's not getting in the way of anything, and just reading over this and other posts of mine it's nothing but praise for my little high as fuck life in tweakerville!!

Oh yeah, I even stopped for 5yrs, with only 2 or 3 relapses during that time. Yes, I've already been down all the bad roads I want to go on, like I said I stay away from that lifestyle.

This is exactly the story I am currently telling myself quite convincingly. I just picked up again a few months ago after over 4 years totally clean. Seems to be going mostly fine but I'm sure close inspection would show my life unravelling at the edges and once those threads start pulling they never stop. I was actually thinking of tapering before it goes on much longer since I'm at almost a gram a day already, so this thread helpful to realise that not really an option. I might try substituting d-amp though. And anti-psychotics - though I know many here hate them. They worked for me last time I needed to get totally off meth.

This is exactly the story I am currently telling myself quite convincingly. I just picked up again a few months ago after over 4 years totally clean. Seems to be going mostly fine but I'm sure close inspection would show my life unravelling at the edges and once those threads start pulling they never stop. I was actually thinking of tapering before it goes on much longer since I'm at almost a gram a day already, so this thread helpful to realise that not really an option. I might try substituting d-amp though. And anti-psychotics - though I know many here hate them. They worked for me last time I needed to get totally off meth.

So where do you live, like what state?

CH sleep debt is a real thing imo. I remember reading that for every day one doesn't sleep, it takes 4-5 days to get back to baseline. So not only is it sleep debt, its sleep debt with interest! lol