• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Inquiring about post cocaine use

Jm3276

Greenlighter
Sorry I?m new to this I don?t usually do this but I?m in need of some reassurance, I have been using stims on and off for about 3-4 years and Cocaine was my main go to, after some recent scares last year I stopped using for several months and very recently was reintroduced and have been using for the passed few months,I?m 22 btw. but I?ve read some articles that go into detail about how just a little cocaine use can damage the heart without having any symptoms for some time, also read some anecdotal stuff on someone who had buried their son for heart failure due to heart enlargement from 2 years of cocaine use in his teens. It has me thinking I may end up dropping dead in a decade or two, I?ve stopped using and don?t plan on it, I occasionally smoke MJ and I eat healthy and exercise, have no history of heart troubles.. my big question is am I being paranoid or have I set myself up for an extra early burial

forgive me for being blunt but yes, you are being paranoid. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

On the flip side, cocaine isn’t weed. Weed can trip you out and make you feel paranoia that leads to nothing but a panic attack. Cocaine can cause feelings that are real shit like if you think your having a heart attack, you might be.

Now with that HR, OP may be parinoid.!

tumblr_nbtfo5jy5a1syl0vao1_500.jpg

Speed King: forever the optimist\!

Yup, coke is awful for your heart. The flip side is that it seems to be somewhat random - some people keep racking it well into middle age and seem to go ok, while others have themselves a few years of wild abandon and boom, the heart gives out.

If you haven't noticed any symptoms, you're probably ok. Eat healthy, exercise, sleep well, and don't do any more fucking cocaine (probably avoid uppers, just to be on the safe side), and you should be ok. If you're worried you can always go to a cardiologist and have them check you out, just to be sure. If you have noticed symptoms (chest pain, shortness of breath, random bouts of tachycardia or whatever) then definitely go to a cardiologist.