• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Inpatient detox in 5 days - Coming off GHB

karmaisntreal

Greenlighter
I've had a relatively short and intense love affair with GHB. What started as a 1ml 'night cap' each night quickly escalated to 'a squirt' in the morning and night and then to what it has been for the last 3 months, an average of 25ml-30ml a day, 24/7 style. I haven't slept more than 2 consequetive hours in about 2 months.

6 months ago, I was struggling with amphetamine addiction and with the best of intentions, my sister introduced me to GHB as a withdrawal tool and alternative. I thought I had found a miracle cure. I also struggle with long standing anxiety, and G completely dissolved it, I was able to stop all other substances and I thought I had a found the answer to all of my problems.

I had a really positive experience of G for the first 3 months. I was careful to record, measure and maintain my dosage. Things went down hill when I became lax with this and after my first black out at my sister's house. My sister would tell me the next day that she stayed beside me that night while I snored like an animal, choked in my sleep while being conflicted about whether to call and ambulance (I'm grateful she didn't). My next black out happened two weeks later while sitting in my car in a McDonald's Carpark, midway through a conversation with my partner (who had no idea I was using G). The last blackout happened two weeks ago after stupidly eyeballing a dose in a desperate attempt to get some sleep after a night on the coke. I woke up in the driveway of my partners house, in the beginning stages of hypothermia, my face bloody from where I've cracked it on the concrete.

I feel reckless and stupid for not doing my research on G early on in the piece. I've also ignored all harm reduction techniques which have led to various black outs and untimely head snaps. While I truly believe no drug is inherently 'bad', if you ignore basic harm reduction and don't stick to set boundries, if you don't respect the substance, you'll get punished.

The withdrawal is unlike anything I have ever experienced. After approaching an AOD referral line, I've been booked in for a 7 day inpatient detox. I'm not ashamed to say I'm scared of the withdrawal and worried for the months ahead, whether I'm ever going to feel normal again. I don't recall what normal even feels like.

This is my first post, I signed up because there's no one in my life who I have been truly transparent with about my GHB addiction and it feels good to just externalise this somewhere. I'm keen to hear others experiences with withdrawal from a similar dosage schedule of juice, any recovery experiences and any words of wisdom would be great.

Thanks for reading:)

Be careful they give you the right meds in rehab, my Good mate was dosing the same as you for ages before going to rehab and they didn't give him the right meds and he had 2 seizures from the WDs. Good luck