Injury & AAS use

Desohigh

Bluelighter
I injured my shoulder on April.
Since then, I can't train chest (completely) and shoulder(partly).

I got an MRI, with a litte oedema and little depreciation on muscles which the doctor said it's nothing serious and you need to rest and Ice.
The pain was actually disturbing at the begining but after doing 4-5 times ice a day(still doing) now it's kinda OK but I can sense it's still there if I want to do press moves.
I'm doing rehab moves for rotator cuff injury E3D, I choose the moves which doesn't disturb my shoulder or gives a little bit pain. Using Ibuprofen, animal flex etc..
After 2 months I'm feeling better.

I lost around 6-7kg which I never see on scale in my life. Psychology is down but got used to it (for me the worst part is gone).
I talked with numerous people from current NAC Europe champion to a monster guy which I met at the airport to PT guys my friends etc.
Everybody said he had the same injury or tear and recommended; HGH, Deca, Peptides with combining painkillers, Ice rest etc..

Now around 2months passed, I'm waiting to heal on its own but got a thinking about using aas combining with Deca (max 100-200mg pw) just for collagen synthesis, repair tendons.
I read most of Deca users says the same thing about masking the pain so I will go really easy on my shoulder to strengthen the injured area. It won't be a cycle for big gains just to repair my shoulder.

Because I never touched aas in my life, I go easy with Test enanthate + minimum deca to repair. I'm not thinking HGH and Peptides because think it's a higher level than steroids.

I won't jump this cycle now but maybe 1 month later depending how injury becomes.
So what you guys think?
Does it worth a shot?

I would list rehab options to follow as:

(1) Control inflammation (ice, occasional NSAIDs use, moderate activity)

(2) Eccentric (and eccentric assisted) training of affected joint area - avoiding concentric for the most part

(3) Deep tissue massage of the joint area/tendons (very painful but important)

(4) Once inflammation has passed, frequent heating of the joint (to improve blood flow/healing), buy some heat pads etc. Especially useful to heat area well before performing any exercises. Sauna is also good for this.

(5) GHRPs (maybe some other newer peptides possibly worth a shot but results seem a bit mixed tbh). Not synthetic GH (which like some AAS appears to accelerate wrong kind of collagen deposition/make them thick but brittle).

(6) Pentosan Polysulphate (PPS) may have some minor benefit due to a heparin-like effect potentially improving nutrient delivery to joint area. Mostly researched as beneficial for damaged joints though.

^^^ deep tissue massage and heat are fantastic. The massage hurts so fucking good. I use it for my elbow tendinitis that flares up when I go heavy on pulling exercises for extended periods. I used to have my ex at the time do it as I'm too much of a baby to inflict pain on myself like that. I'd wince, and whine, and moan but afterwards felt so much better.

I'm still doing ICE 4-5 times a day about 10-15mins + Ibuprofen. Never tried massage because still hurts a little when I press hard to my shoulder and don't want to injure more I guess?

I don't use heaters before oedema passes away, is it correct btw?

I agree with CFC's protocol above... I would definitely not recommend using any AAS to help heal your injury, especially because you don't have any prior experience with these substances. However, IF you are hell-bent on taking something to help you recover and improve the integrity of your connective tissue the best thing I would recommend would be a peptide protocol as follows (and no, you do not need to incorporate HGH into this protocol for it to be effective):

Look into getting some GHRP - whether or not you are a hard-gainer and easily able to maintain a low percentage of body fat will help determine if you use GHRP-6 or GHRP-2. If you have a naturally low bf % set point then you should look at getting a couple 5mg vials of GHRP-6 as it heavily stimulates the release of ghrelin which will make you very (and I mean VERY) hungry. I don't know anything better to stimulate your appetite. However, if you tend to fall into the mesomorph/endomorph catagory like myself, I would recommend getting GHRP-2 instead as it won't make you near as hungry.

To go along with the GHRP-2/6 (whatever you decide), I would recommend getting a couple vials of Mod GRF 1-29. This will act synergistically with the GHRP-2/6 to induce a larger release of GH than the GHRP or Mod GRF 1-29 alone. Current research shows that this is the case because GHRPs can act directly on the somatotroph cells in the pituitary, while Mod GRF 1-29 acts as a Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) analogue and stimulates the hypothalamus to release GHRH with further induces release of GH from the pituitary.

For injury recovery the mininum dose of 1 injection per day before bed on an empty stomach of 100mcg of each GHRP-2/6 and 100mcg of Mod GRF 1-29 should be plenty. However, if you are interested in taking advantage of the recomposition effects of these substances standard protocol is 3x per day on an empty stomach at the same doses mentioned above, spaced evenly throughout the day with at least 3 hours between injections.

Both of these compounds help to favorably adjust body composition and speed recovery from injuries but there is another compound that has been documented to work very well specifically with connective tissue injuries. That compound is IGF-1 LR3, which can be taken with the peptides mentioned above or on its own. Benefits have been shown from taking as little as 20mcg (micrograms) to 50mcg per day after workouts. Whether or not site injections are effective at treating a specific area more than others is still a debated topic.

This would be a relatively safe routine and eliminate any side-effects that you'd experience from taking AAS... I wouldn't mess with AAS until you are fully recovered, healthy, at your maximum natural genetic potential and you're sure that you want to take a trip down the rabbit hole and you have all the necessary precautionary materials readily available (SERMS, AI, 5-ARi, etc.)

You might want to add glucosamine and chondroitin (you can pick these up and any local pharmacy or supplement shop) to your regular vitamin regimen as well if you haven't already.

Also, quick note: be careful taking too many Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs: Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and Cox-2 inhibitors).... the last thing you want to end up with is an H. pylori infection... nobody likes ulcers.

Hey bro thanks for the nice info for peptides, but I won't use them before I jump to AAS train.

I'm using NSAIDs 10days with 2 weeks off. Think it helps a little to none but just desperation... like glucosamine chondrotin and msm :/

Interesting post again pharmbiak, whats you opinion on TB500 for certain types of tissue injury repair...

Last edited:
Interesting post again pharmbiak, whats you opinion on TB500 for certain types of tissue injury repair...

I'm not familiar with TB500 but when I get the chance I'll take a look at it and see if I can put some research together and formulate some sort of opinion on it. Looks like I have a lot of "homework" to do this weekend... ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Dissapointing... I've not seen many positive experiences recorded on other sites (that could be attributed beyond normal recovery anyway), and I tried it on numerous clients to no avail. Similarly disappointing experiences with IGF too. GHRPs seem to be more noticeably helpful (when used 3-4 times daily) on typical injuries like rotator cuff/higher collagen tissues.

I should add to this ^^ that BPC 157 also seems (from my experience) pretty overrated with regards to healing. With the sheer number of peptides coming out nowadays, most of which seem tenuously useful at best, it may perhaps be best to let others play around for a few years and wait for the 'miracle' stories to settle down before wasting $$$.

I've seen many doctors;
they all say its oedema and it will pass. BUT IT DOES NOT.

I'm very frustrated right now I want to heal my shoulder ASAP. F*ckin RICE doesn't work. I'm sick of icing 4-5 times a day since 3 months.
I'm bored of f*ckin rotator cuff exercices rehab moves and shit.
What should I do? HGH? Because our pharmacies sell that 100% legit (pfizer).

I've seen many doctors;
they all say its oedema and it will pass. BUT IT DOES NOT.

I'm very frustrated right now I want to heal my shoulder ASAP. F*ckin RICE doesn't work. I'm sick of icing 4-5 times a day since 3 months.
I'm bored of f*ckin rotator cuff exercices rehab moves and shit.
What should I do? HGH? Because our pharmacies sell that 100% legit (pfizer).

3 months? No, you do not need to ice anymore. That's much too long for acute inflammation to still be an issue.

You need to warm the area as much as possible to assist the blood supply and healing of the tissues. You may have issues with the bursa (bursitis) if the pain hasn't really shifted, and the rotator cuffs could also be injured. Without seeing your MRI I can't really help you beyond that.

As for GH, it's not ideal because the constantly elevated IGF-1 tends to cause the formation of rather thick, brittle tendons, as I mentioned before. As I also mentioned in my earlier post, GHRPs (which are freely bought online as research peptides in Europe and the Americas) would be more effective.

The most effective treatment you could possibly use is (assisted) eccentric exercises for the shoulder and chest. So make sure you are incorporating those into your routine, as well as basic rotator cuff exercises with very light weights.

Update;
After 5 months, I'm feeling OK,
I started from scratch, lost 9kgs and back to 83.5kg.
I didn't use any hormones or gh and will leave to next year to introduce with aas hormones etc.

But shoulder injury takes at least 6 months..
And it fucks you mentally to be small guy. So I know the feeling when you don't juice and lose some size.
It fuckin sucks. Still i'm not 100% recovered, maybe 80%. I need at least 1-2months to get back on track and start.

Conclusion;
You have to leave your injury heal itself.