• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Injections

Black Madonna

Greenlighter
Just wanting to confirm with any of y’all.. the smaller gauged hypodermics clot or become clogged with product or cut, correct? Also, where would I get free hypodermics in a big city?

Well, my experience with IV is limited to heroin and meth, mostly heroin. And specifically no4 heroin you get in Australia and other countries in the Asia pacific region. So while it's probably similar with other drugs I can only give first hand experience from those two.

But in my experience if a needle gets clotted it's because you fucked up. Usually for me it happened where I was able to draw blood from a vein, but somehow slipped out of the vein before I could shoot it leaving blood in the syringe for longer than a few seconds while I found a vein again, causing it to clog. Didn't happen often but always sucky when it did. And honestly at that point if you insist on still using it you're probably best to add water and refilter it.

All the needles I used were between 27 and 30g. And in my experience that problem can happen with any of them.

And it's unwise to use a larger size than you need cause it's harder on your veins. I wouldn't go much higher than 27g personally.

I've never had the drug itself cause the needle to clot. And I often reused needles way longer than I should have. You shouldn't have any solids in it to begin with because you should filter it first. I always just used cotton from qtips but micron filters would be better.

As for where to get them, it's gonna depend on where you live. Some places are really stupid about trying to police access to needles.

Other places you can get them from most pharmacies if you ask. It depends.

They're not usually free though. They're not expensive, but not free.

Dedicated needle exchanges are more likely to provide them for free, I've also seen syringe vending machines that were free, but again this all depends on where you live.

Stay safe man. This is a dangerous path to go down. If you're gonna do it, I recommend using the smallest needle you can reliably make use of. And always at least filter with cotton at the minimum. And try to get practiced at using different sites so you can let some of your veins recover while you use others.

Last edited:
Well, my experience with IV is limited to heroin and meth, mostly heroin. And specifically no4 heroin you get in Australia and other countries in the Asia pacific region. So while it's probably similar with other drugs I can only give first hand experience from those two.

But in my experience if a needle gets clotted it's because you fucked up. Usually for me it happened where I was able to draw blood from a vein, but somehow slipped out of the vein before I could shoot it leaving blood in the syringe for longer than a few seconds while I found a vein again, causing it to clog. Didn't happen often but always sucky when it did. And honestly at that point if you insist on still using it you're probably best to add water and refilter it.

All the needles I used were between 27 and 30g. And in my experience that problem can happen with any of them.

And it's unwise to use a larger size than you need cause it's harder on your veins. I wouldn't go much higher than 27g personally.

I've never had the drug itself cause the needle to clot. And I often reused needles way longer than I should have. You shouldn't have any solids in it to begin with because you should filter it first. I always just used cotton from qtips but micron filters would be better.

As for where to get them, it's gonna depend on where you live. Some places are really stupid about trying to police access to needles.

Other places you can get them from most pharmacies if you ask. It depends.

They're not usually free though. They're not expensive, but not free.

Dedicated needle exchanges are more likely to provide them for free, I've also seen syringe vending machines that were free, but again this all depends on where you live.

Stay safe man. This is a dangerous path to go down. If you're gonna do it, I recommend using the smallest needle you can reliably make use of. And always at least filter with cotton at the minimum. And try to get practiced at using different sites so you can let some of your veins recover while you use others.
[/QUOTE
So, are u a healthcare professional as well lol? Very well spoken and I got to read aloud next to my lane-brained second cousin.. emphasis on 2nd.. he’s a pretty boy jacking the fuck outta his self and licking needle tips.. .the whole over-enthused comeback since getting our families raised.. I we both thank you.
Can you, if u continue this feed, Tell me what you know about jugular injections? Been fucking up good coke lately by adding adding street stimulates.. so I wonder if stimulants differ in adverse outcomes that our poppy derived sedatives??? I get scared sometimes bc I know the physiology.. I voted to get strung back out with opiates., Mainlining my Ritalin over the last 2 years and lack of access to fresh points did them in.. I really like the vending machine exchanges.. must be out of the country?? Populated where I am at but still ran by the conservative majority. It is pretty dumb but I am finding the pharmacists that want to help and are easy to get along with bc I don’t bullshit.. I’m there for recreational supplies.. Why lie?? I totally have heard there may be s needle exchange sire in the next town and that is really cool. How can we go out into the community proactively to meet the need?? As I typed that I realized that the hood is probably.. or downtown.. is where harm reduction coalitions probably set up already.. BUT flip it.. I’m in the damn suburbs with my beautiful man.. and I’m sure on the next block, more just like us, that cannot jeopardize livelihood, reputation, and prestige by purchasing and they ask for ID.. dumbasses. Do yeah, I’ve cried and thrown fits and he is getting better about taking me out to get fresh ones since I neck bang now (I don’t drive-right now) but it’s still not s new one every time. I know I’m on my last wing and a prayer with my veins.. my formal education taught jugular vine access as our last resort and I never used it at all bank then.. not until now.. on myself. But I have been outside that chosen profession for some time. Watching this shit makes me totally Madd Bonkers but the worst is when he mixes for us both, and I don’t hold the purse-strings. Do ONE More thing.. if you can get back to me, I heard dental cotton is primo.. I fight my cousin for his cottons after one use.. yes, I rinse them.. but this coke isn’t fish-scale.. best I ever experienced but still I imagine there is cut clotting the rigs as well. I try not to fuck around myself.. It’s best to pull the F out if I can’t land it right in the vein and re-land in bc i do prefer the smaller gauges.
Thank u- Black Madonna

There is a pic showing a comparison of needles that have been used. The picture is magnified 100 or 1000 times and shows details I'm looking for. If you can link me to it or tell what to search for to find it I've been trying to fir awhile to teach harmreduction to my sister. I'd really appreciate it :)

There is a pic showing a comparison of needles that have been used. The picture is magnified 100 or 1000 times and shows details I'm looking for. If you can link me to it or tell what to search for to find it I've been trying to fir awhile to teach harmreduction to my sister. I'd really appreciate it :)

If you would tell us what exactly are you looking for instead of going around the tail