Mental Health Injection Apriprazole (Abilify)

Joey

Bluelighter
Anyone else on this. Just got it the second time 2 days ago, after a few months not taking it.

If yes, you notice it's made you feel like shit and completely wiped for a couple days? I feel like hell. Both times I've taken it it's been like this.

Or any injection antipsychotic generally.

I have not had the injection but the long half life of Abilify is pretty useful for getting off meth. I took just 10 mg 2 days ago and meth still not working for me. I figure keep taking Abilify and you’ll just get bored taking drugs like meth that no longer have any effect. But yeah - the side effect of losing half your personality kind of sucks.

This side effect of have been asleep entirely the last 2 out of 3 says and just functioning off mega caffeine to get my shit done the 3rd has been brutal. I'm not sure this dosage all at once is something that's manageable. Feeling semi okay for now but damn has this ever knocked m on my ass.

Ive had it. Its shit and if you take it a while stimulants, alch, and weed stop working for a lot of people

Are you taking ut voluntarily? Abilify is terrible, you'll find tiredness isn't the worst of it.

I'm on the abilify shot too my main problem is anxiety

Are you taking ut voluntarily? Abilify is terrible, you'll find tiredness isn't the worst of it.

Terrible indeed. I was went into an uncontrollable rage when I was put on it in 2014.

Day 1 - Felt sick, couldn't think straight, couldn't relax, couldn't focus, couldn't do anything, nearly fainted, but I had no problems sleeping.

Day 2 - Uncontrollable rage. Could have so, so easily killed somebody. Punched and kicked a few boxes, and came close to smashing up thousands of dollars worth of specialized printing equipment.

I don't know what this shit does, but some swear by it...I don't know how they can even say that...what? Did they get paid to say that. The stuff is like poison.

Do you do this to yourself for fun or was this in a medical setting?

If the former, what did you hope to achieve? Does it feel good to you?

Sounds nightmarish to me

Usually they titrate the dose up to lessen side effects and recognize when the medication doesn't help.

Usually they titrate the dose up to lessen side effects and recognize when the medication doesn't help.

Abilify put me into a nearly uncontrollable rage and I could have easily killed someone. This was on day 2 of my Abilify treatment, I was taking 10mg per day.

The rest of the packet was thrown away after I was taken to the emergency department at the local hospital due to me smashing up a few boxes and destroying a batch of pre-printed labels and threatening to snap someone's neck. It wasn't anyone at work, it was someone else outside of work that I was directing my aggression towards and I refuse to go into details about it here because it is off-topic.

But Abilify did that to me. Day 2. If you can believe that.

Whats the intended result of administering this way.. is it IM?
Do you do this to yourself for fun or was this in a medical setting?

If the former, what did you hope to achieve? Does it feel good to you?

Sounds nightmarish to me
Medical setting, im. Was prescribed this way initially because im bad at taking my pills. The first few days are a nightmare after taking it thiugh 400mg all at once is too much. I also take seroquel 50mg so that adds up too.

I really suggest orally once or twice a day dosed pills. From what ive read about ap Injections, it at first hits Hard but at the end wears off. Keep the pills close to your bed do You rwmember to take them.

I really suggest orally once or twice a day dosed pills. From what ive read about ap Injections, it at first hits Hard but at the end wears off. Keep the pills close to your bed do You rwmember to take them.
If you don’t want to live, go ahead.

Point of view. Schizophrenic mind is pretty much working 3-10 times harder than a healthy mind. Lobotomy by mental illness or lobotomy by medicine, pick your poison.

Life has its peaks and valleys. Looking long-term, antipsychotics really do help a lot of people. It's easy to complain about it. But, rather than that, building a life with the support of medication is key. We can always get better, do better.

If they help, then why are they imposed upon people that not only don't want them but feel so much worse on them?
I can't remember the source, but when patients were asked, they all stated if given the choice they would opt for benzos and not antipsychotics. Antipsychotics are used primarily for social control, if you can reduce someone to nothing by blocking dopamine which makes us human then you have effectively erased them from society.

Most people don't give it a good six months to year. Mistakes are made, but it's what we have with the current technology available.

Benzos function best as a short-term medication, perhaps to provide an anxiolytic effect while an SSRI builds up in the body. Good to have a source on that one, but it doesn't surprise me: benzos are rewarding . But over time, people can get really depressed and lose cognition, despite being highly dependent.

Social control exists, but I don't think it's as insidious as you relay.

Psychiatry is maybe reductive and stigmatizing, but the wide array of different medications for a given disorder continues to increase. In that sense, treatment is improving.

I stopped taking this injection because I couldnt handle the illness it made me feel. Way too potent, althought Ill admit that once the first 3-5 days were through I did notice a difference in my mentality and personal effect that was positive... semi-positive. Like going from a 4/10 to a 6/10 stability.

4 to 6 is not worth being sick as hell for days. So thats the decision I made. I have seroquel which I sometimes take now. As needed, Im not into the numbing effect of these antipsychotics all the time.