• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting Suboxone (buprenorphine)/Naloxone

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Well well i guess today is the day I learn more about injecting Suboxone, also i want to know if you inject Suboxone why do you do it? Do you think its just placebo and were just taking care of our love for injecting itself? Or does it bring on some kind of high, also if your on Suboxone maintenance like myself is a high achievable thru via injection.

Now dont get me wrong i have ived Suboxone (films) and never really got high, except once but I also believe this is from wrong sources online and not gathering correct information online i got a very smooth way to inject Suboxone so I know my process is correct it just seems like what is all this hype to injecting Suboxone or really any form of buprenorphine?

Basically i made this thread to just gather everyone who injects Suboxone and or buprenorphine regularly information, descript experiences and reasons for the continuation of abuse thus this way ... Intravenously IV

Also i dont know if you all know of the alcohol solution mix with the buprenorphine. 6partseven is the origin of the instructions i can repeat as this is how i currently use Suboxone daily! But i might switch back to IVing despite what everyone says good or bad I and we all know injecting suboxone N8 films is bad, and i do not condone it, under penalty of bluelight which i love for information and resources, very sorry mods dont close please just move to correct spot. As because i am asking questions and would like detailed answers if possible by real people who do this or have done this. Really looking for people who do this on the regular please just explain why buprenorphine? What it actually does for you? Vs placebo needle fetish...

Idk do you feel this is from the needle fetish please explain fully. Anyone that can help i would really appreciate it! Thanks

I would say part of it is indeed the obsession with needles for most addicts. The main reason though, is when you IV bupe, you get 100% bioavailability. When you use it sublingually as directed, the bioavailability is somewhere around 30%. So if you IV 1mg of bupe, you are getting 100% of that 1mg, but when you take it sublingually, you are absorbing .3mg of that 1mg. So all in all, you are getting more out of using smaller amounts when you IV it. It has its ups and downs, though you may get more out of smaller amounts, the duration of effects is shorter when IVing. Different routes of administration have different bioavailability percentages and different durations of effects, and different lengths of time for the drugs onset and peak levels.

As for getting a high out of using bupe, I'd say not really, that all depends where your opiate tolerance is at, how long it has been since your last dose, if you are dependent on opiates. Many variables. When I am on sub maintenance, especially when I have weaned down to 2mg or less dosages, and especially when IVing my dose, the longer I wait to dose, usually 12 hours or more ideally, I will notice a bit of a buzz/glow for a little bit after dosing. Not a high like I shot some heroin or anything.

I would suggest reading through the 'Injecting suboxone films' thread. Lot of answers to your questions there about this topic.

I feel you 100 my dude

And ill check em out i already do a lot of research on bluelight ive already read some but like i said i love gaining knowledge and helpin people out

I've only IV'd bupe once...I IV'd a 1 mg Suboxone film.

There was no real rush associated with it but I did begin feeling the effects of the drug in around 10 minutes, which is much sooner than I'd get the effects if I simply took it orally. Got fairly high too, in fact I threw up later that day due to the opiate nausea that ensued.

I've only IV'd bupe once...I IV'd a 1 mg Suboxone film.

There was no real rush associated with it but I did begin feeling the effects of the drug in around 10 minutes, which is much sooner than I'd get the effects if I simply took it orally. Got fairly high too, in fact I threw up later that day due to the opiate nausea that ensued.

You must not have a high buprenorphine tolerance then...

Are you on Suboxone maintenance?

What are you currently taking like dose wise ...

Also what was the substance that brought you too use Suboxone or do you just use Suboxone here n there to catch a high? Just wondering.

Peace n
Thank you.

I've done this on and off with subs for like 2 years now I thing usin 1-2mg at a time every 12 hours or so and get a definite glow/energy boost from it this way. I never use more than 3mg a day, try to do just 2mg a day but find myself feeling uneasy after doin just 1mg in the morning after 8 hours or so. But been on maintaince for 3 years started taking 16mg SBL then went down to 8mg that way. But yes do get a glow/small buzz from shooting them at low doses, tho nothing like a full agonist is. My veins probly hate me. But imo I would think strips are way better than the pills to shoot, so much less filler.

You must not have a high buprenorphine tolerance then...

Are you on Suboxone maintenance?

What are you currently taking like dose wise ...

Also what was the substance that brought you too use Suboxone or do you just use Suboxone here n there to catch a high? Just wondering.

Peace n
Thank you.

I used black tar heroin for around 2 years, smoking it originally and (for the past year) shooting it. Also accompanied by a minor IV morphine habit for the last six months or so of it. My habit was never particularly large, though, especially not to a lot of the former/current opiate addicts on BL...there are people on here doing bundles of dope a day, I never got anywhere near that kind of habit

I used suboxone when I decided to quit, in a rapid taper. I used it in total maybe ten days or a couple weeks, acquired the subs through heroin dealers/users (suboxone is sold very cheap where I live, especially when compared to other black market opiates, I'm not sure if it's like that elsewhere too), my usual dose was 2 mgs. The last 1 mg strip I had I decided to IV, though...still not quite sure why I made that decision but hey, there you have it. That was about 2 months ago and I've been sober from strong opiates since that time so I'm glad about that :)

IMO suboxone is a very effective medication...would never want to be on it long-term, though.

I used black tar heroin for around 2 years, smoking it originally and (for the past year) shooting it. Also accompanied by a minor IV morphine habit for the last six months or so of it. My habit was never particularly large, though, especially not to a lot of the former/current opiate addicts on BL...there are people on here doing bundles of dope a day, I never got anywhere near that kind of habit

I used suboxone when I decided to quit, in a rapid taper. I used it in total maybe ten days or a couple weeks, acquired the subs through heroin dealers/users (suboxone is sold very cheap where I live, especially when compared to other black market opiates, I'm not sure if it's like that elsewhere too), my usual dose was 2 mgs. The last 1 mg strip I had I decided to IV, though...still not quite sure why I made that decision but hey, there you have it. That was about 2 months ago and I've been sober from strong opiates since that time so I'm glad about that :)

IMO suboxone is a very effective medication...would never want to be on it long-term, though.

Im currently on Suboxone maintenance and im prescribed 16mg a day, but i only take about 4-5mgs a day and soon to be dropping so i can get that nice glow feeling it gives you... Of course nothing to be compared to a nice fat shot of dope; i.e.H excedera......

But ive been on sub. Maintenance for over a year now, never used or took the weekend off. Nope not me i over came all my desires. And now live H free and no more dope fien mentality. Its amazing enjoing life i just got back from kayaking in the bay and it was awesome a lot better then sticking a needle in my arm. Im glad for this and sub helped me. Every one is different though so its all feeling and opinion.

Peace im out gunna go eat Chinese food with my wife.

I have been iving both suboxone and subutex for years and I have to say it is by far my favorite way to do bupe. I currently do 2mg shots about every 5 hours 3-4 times a day and each time I do a shot of subutex (what I am prescribed now) I feel great. I don't know if its because I also take 3mgs of klonopin a day as well and the klonopin potentiates it, I'm sure it does like with most opioid and benzo combinations, but I feel like I get this awesome sedated feeling as soon as I push the plunger and I just lay on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling for about 10 mins if its a good shot then I wake up and feel an uplift in my mood and get energetic almost... very hard to explain but when I wait longer between my shots and/or hit a new vein that I have never used I get the best feeling possible from subs. I love it! I know its bad for you just like all iv pills but I cant make myself do it any other way now. and if you throw some THC in the mix it feels like a strong opioid.. I will nod off all day if I take kpin, slam sub, and smoke good weed throughout the day.

I have been iving both suboxone and subutex for years and I have to say it is by far my favorite way to do bupe. I currently do 2mg shots about every 5 hours 3-4 times a day and each time I do a shot of subutex (what I am prescribed now) I feel great. I don't know if its because I also take 3mgs of klonopin a day as well and the klonopin potentiates it, I'm sure it does like with most opioid and benzo combinations, but I feel like I get this awesome sedated feeling as soon as I push the plunger and I just lay on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling for about 10 mins if its a good shot then I wake up and feel an uplift in my mood and get energetic almost... very hard to explain but when I wait longer between my shots and/or hit a new vein that I have never used I get the best feeling possible from subs. I love it! I know its bad for you just like all iv pills but I cant make myself do it any other way now. and if you throw some THC in the mix it feels like a strong opioid.. I will nod off all day if I take kpin, slam sub, and smoke good weed throughout the day.

I feel you 100%

Re:

The only reason to do this is if you are addicted to needles.

I had to shoot Subutex, yes had. I was prescription 8 8mg a day. I was able to shoot 2 a day in halves. It took me 5 months to quit, which I had no intention on doing. I just started slowing down and eventually I just stopped.

Being addicted to a drug is one thing but the addition to the ritual is insane. If you don't have to go there...

Higher BA so you do not have to take as much and also i hate the taste and the wait. I have never liked the idea of waiting to feel relief from wd and i usually like to wait until i am feeling shitty to take some. This helps with conserving subs which also means conserving the almighty dollar.

Have you all heard of the alcohol solution method.? It raises the BA from 35-40%sublingual too 75-80% This is one of the reason i choose not to inject, but I've been really considering to start to inject, because i dont feel anything sublingual with or without this alcohol method, when i first started the alcohol method it was actually really powerful and noticeable now no matter how much sub i take high dose or even low dose i just dont feel anything. I just wanna at least feel that opiate warmth so idk i just dont really wanna get back on the needle... I mean I got on sub Maintenance to get off IV H habit... Plus my wife hates when I do it... So idk just that and how bad it is on your veins wheel filter or not, and you basically cant miss or ... Abcess not always but risky!!
But before i started writing this i tried putting a piece of sub strip up my nose first sniffed some of it down and let the rest just sit up in there, then i took like about 3mgs more via alcohol method, and now its crazy i have that warm opiate feeling i wanted plus my eyes are feeling kinda glazed n heavy im blown away that i am feeling this way its been a min! But wow I wonder if its because i put a little extra up my nose.. Will deff be trying again later tonight eastern time-frame but anyways if it doesnt keep working i might just IV subs every now n then because i aint gunna be no bupe IV addict lol so ludicrous because I got on sub to stop the H needle ride. Let me know everyone though if yall have heard of the alcohol solution method will deff help quite a few of yall, especially if you are trying to make your subs stretch.

Peace like always

its not worth injecting sub for a high i used to do it because i could make 1 strip last 10 days that way, but if you have a good supply please dont shot them

Trust me I know completely
*HARM REDUCTION*

If i ever do decide to inject Suboxone again it will either be once in a great while or too stretch a supply.

The last thing I would want to do is get back on the needle and inject suboxone regularly....

With that being said I belive I may have found a solution to my problem. Today earlier I put a piece up my nose and snorted some back and let the rest absorb thru my nostril. Then right after took about 3mgs via sublingual alcohol solution method.

Not too much later i felt the opiate warmth all thru my body and I felt my eyes glaze n get heavy.

So idk will see in a few more hours when i dose again before bed if i get the same affects...

Either way
*HARM REDUCTION*

Be smart, clean, and mostly safe.

No one time high or any high is worth your priceless life.

Everyone keep that in mind

PEACE.

Yeah I wish I never started IVing my subs... I, like most IV addicts, just couldn't help but try it once I started getting into IVing anything that was water soluble and could get you feeling good. At one point I was mixing diphenhydramine(sleepinal capsules) with my subutex to get that little rush from the 2 combined! It started to get out of control real quick once I started that shit... and one day I just decided to just do my sub with nothing else. Anyways I really CANT make myself do subs any way but IV now... and the weird thing is I usually get high from doing them this way, most people don't even feel anything that I know who also do it IV to conserve it and feed their IV addiction. I really get so faded sometimes from 1-2mg IV that I cant keep my eyes open. I actually enjoy subs... But before I IV'ed sub I used to like sniffing it a lot.. and plugging it too. Both sniffing and plugging either suboxone or subutex is very nice.. I never thought that if I tried slamming it once I wouldn't do it any other way but I was super wrong. I want to just sniff it again but its hard to make myself do that anymore. In short: Don't IV subs you may not stop. Its going on 3 years now that I have been slamming them, been taking them for 5. I am truly addicted to bupe now.

Yeah I wish I never started IVing my subs... I, like most IV addicts, just couldn't help but try it once I started getting into IVing anything that was water soluble and could get you feeling good. At one point I was mixing diphenhydramine(sleepinal capsules) with my subutex to get that little rush from the 2 combined! It started to get out of control real quick once I started that shit... and one day I just decided to just do my sub with nothing else. Anyways I really CANT make myself do subs any way but IV now... and the weird thing is I usually get high from doing them this way, most people don't even feel anything that I know who also do it IV to conserve it and feed their IV addiction. I really get so faded sometimes from 1-2mg IV that I cant keep my eyes open. I actually enjoy subs... But before I IV'ed sub I used to like sniffing it a lot.. and plugging it too. Both sniffing and plugging either suboxone or subutex is very nice.. I never thought that if I tried slamming it once I wouldn't do it any other way but I was super wrong. I want to just sniff it again but its hard to make myself do that anymore. In short: Don't IV subs you may not stop. Its going on 3 years now that I have been slamming them, been taking them for 5. I am truly addicted to bupe now.

Wow I am sorry to hear about your current rough situation ... Thats why I cant just IV bupe all the time, plus its gotta be rough on your veins.

Do you know the alcohol method to raise BA to 75-80% sublingual??

Let me know.

benzo buddy: I have never done the alcohol method but have heard it does work a lot better than just taking it sublingually by itself through some of my friends who have done it that way. Surprisingly most of my veins are ok, not perfect like I was before I started to IV but as much as I do it they aren't too bad. knock on wood! I just cant get that feeling I get from bupe with any other ROA but IV anymore. I am more addicted to bupe than I ever was to actual opioids mainly because I am prescribed it and never have to go out and blow money and chase my connects all over the place to get it. its just easier. I used to hate sub before I tried sniffing it and found out it actually felt really good especially with my kpins. now I cant get enough of it. i went from being addicted to just opioids to being a poly-drug addict..

Though this topic has been covered thoroughly in other threads in OD, I'll let this remain open, as it has a slight spin on a very stale subject, and interests me as well.

Anyway-after reading the original post, I immediately scrolled down to reply, so if some of my answers seem redundant to other posters, that is the reason.

Recently I slipped up, and the way it started actually was suboxone. I had been taking kratom, but my family started pressuring me to use the subs again, so I went back on the strips. I have been off and on Suboxone many times over the course of quite a few years, and have shot it in the past. I didn't remember thinking shooting subs as being anything that remarkable, when I was in my very early 20s (I'm 28 now) I had gotten into the habit of doing it for about 9 months straight. I don't really think of myself as someone with a 'needle fixation' really-that term would have deemed appropriate back in the early days of getting high-but when I made the decision to get some syringes to shoot up my Subs, it was more of an issue of 'control' that steered me to start using drugs intravenously again. I suppose that there is a lot going on in my life right now that is out of my control, like the fact that my dad has stage IV lung cancer, and other, smaller issues...The reason I decided to use it IV this most recent time, was because I had this idea that shooting the subs would make me feel better-even if it was a placebo, I didn't really care. Not to mention, it had been about 5 months since I'd last used a needle.

The results, THIS time around, were incredibly underwhelming. Yes there is something small, light, and reminiscent of a 'rush', but it's really barely noticeable. The only difference is that I'd get well within a few minutes, as opposed to the 45min-1hr that Bupe normally takes to kick in Sublingually. The only thing that slipping up like this did, was ultimately make me crave something closer to the real thing.

In all aspects, save for onset, I find IV to be one of the least convenient ROA to take Buprenorphine. One huge issue with it is that (assuming you're converting your dosages from the 30% BA of SL, to IV, 100%) when shooting subs, they wear off so much faster. This last time around I was doing about 6 .3-.5mg shots (and admittedly, those dosages were probably too high...IV Bupe is most effective when you're shooting 1mg and under/day) within the 14-15 hour period of time that I'd be awake. That's almost as many shots as I would do with heroin during a day!

To be fair, it's possible also that my tolerance was a bit too high to appreciate the effects-I had been taking quite a bit of kratom for months and the 2 weeks prior to IVing the Bupe, I'd been taking about 5mg/day. I do remember a long time ago, probably 6 years now, when I had tapered myself down to a little under a mg of Suboxone a day (sublingually), and I did a .6mg shot and nodded out. However, even then I remember thinking that I would have probably gotten the same results if I had taken the equivalent dosage sublingually (which would be 2mg).

Anyway-I apologize that this post is a bit all over the place.

To wrap it up, I really wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, because if for no better reason, you'll be let down. There are some drugs that are great administered intravenously, but IMO, Buprenorphine isn't one of those. Similarly, if you're on a dose like 8-16mg, you really can't expect to get anything out of shooting it, as at that point you're probably far past the ceiling. Like I sort of touched on earlier, the best way to get positive effects from IV Buprenorphine is if you're on a very low dose (Sublingually). At 2mg, it will work much better than at 4mg. But really this goes for all ROA in regards to Subs-less is more. Furthermore-if anyone is considering switching to IV for financial reasons, I would highly suggest looking into the Alchohol/Buprenorphine method for sublingual admin. Honestly, IMO using the alcohol/Bupe solution, second to IV, has the highest BA, topping rectal admin and intranasal. It's also consistent

Though this topic has been covered thoroughly in other threads in OD, I'll let this remain open, as it has a slight spin on a very stale subject, and interests me as well.

Anyway-after reading the original post, I immediately scrolled down to reply, so if some of my answers seem redundant to other posters, that is the reason.

Recently I slipped up, and the way it started actually was suboxone. I had been taking kratom, but my family started pressuring me to use the subs again, so I went back on the strips. I have been off and on Suboxone many times over the course of quite a few years, and have shot it in the past. I didn't remember thinking shooting subs as being anything that remarkable, when I was in my very early 20s (I'm 28 now) I had gotten into the habit of doing it for about 9 months straight. I don't really think of myself as someone with a 'needle fixation' really-that term would have deemed appropriate back in the early days of getting high-but when I made the decision to get some syringes to shoot up my Subs, it was more of an issue of 'control' that steered me to start using drugs intravenously again. I suppose that there is a lot going on in my life right now that is out of my control, like the fact that my dad has stage IV lung cancer, and other, smaller issues...The reason I decided to use it IV this most recent time, was because I had this idea that shooting the subs would make me feel better-even if it was a placebo, I didn't really care. Not to mention, it had been about 5 months since I'd last used a needle.

The results, THIS time around, were incredibly underwhelming. Yes there is something small, light, and reminiscent of a 'rush', but it's really barely noticeable. The only difference is that I'd get well within a few minutes, as opposed to the 45min-1hr that Bupe normally takes to kick in Sublingually. The only thing that slipping up like this did, was ultimately make me crave something closer to the real thing.

In all aspects, save for onset, I find IV to be one of the least convenient ROA to take Buprenorphine. One huge issue with it is that (assuming you're converting your dosages from the 30% BA of SL, to IV, 100%) when shooting subs, they wear off so much faster. This last time around I was doing about 6 .3-.5mg shots (and admittedly, those dosages were probably too high...IV Bupe is most effective when you're shooting 1mg and under/day) within the 14-15 hour period of time that I'd be awake. That's almost as many shots as I would do with heroin during a day!

To be fair, it's possible also that my tolerance was a bit too high to appreciate the effects-I had been taking quite a bit of kratom for months and the 2 weeks prior to IVing the Bupe, I'd been taking about 5mg/day. I do remember a long time ago, probably 6 years now, when I had tapered myself down to a little under a mg of Suboxone a day (sublingually), and I did a .6mg shot and nodded out. However, even then I remember thinking that I would have probably gotten the same results if I had taken the equivalent dosage sublingually (which would be 2mg).

Anyway-I apologize that this post is a bit all over the place.

To wrap it up, I really wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, because if for no better reason, you'll be let down. There are some drugs that are great administered intravenously, but IMO, Buprenorphine isn't one of those. Similarly, if you're on a dose like 8-16mg, you really can't expect to get anything out of shooting it, as at that point you're probably far past the ceiling. Like I sort of touched on earlier, the best way to get positive effects from IV Buprenorphine is if you're on a very low dose (Sublingually). At 2mg, it will work much better than at 4mg. But really this goes for all ROA in regards to Subs-less is more. Furthermore-if anyone is considering switching to IV for financial reasons, I would highly suggest looking into the Alchohol/Buprenorphine method for sublingual admin. Honestly, IMO using the alcohol/Bupe solution, second to IV, has the highest BA, topping rectal admin and intranasal. It's also consistent

This is on point.

If anything plug or insufflate your bupe (intrarectal: 54%, intranasal: 50%). I personally plug mine in doses of 0.5-1mg, not exceeding a daily dose of 3-4mg. Rectally administered bupe has a rapid onset with more of a warmth/opioid-glow. I prefer plugged bupe to insufflation for the effects and it's longer duration.