• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting Oxycodone

kaptaink

Greenlighter
Hi, long-time lurker first-time poster here, love the site :)

As the title says I'm looking for a little advice re: injecting Oxycodone. I've got a prescription for Oxynorm 20mg IR capsules which contain what looks like about 0.2g of powder so there must be some filler in there, but I would guess not as much as their tablet equivalent. I've plugged it before and the powder seems to be easily dissolvable in water so no problems there.

I'm really wondering about dosing and other harm reduction advice. I've got a moderate tolerance from my monthly pick-up but I can still get high from one capsule (although I could easily take more - I could take maybe 10-12 over 12 hours or so for me to feel like I've had enough) so I'm thinking injecting one 20mg capsule's worth of powder would be a good starting dose. Also will I need a wheel filter - I know this is always preferable but is cotton wool/cigarette filter filtering going to be OK in this instance?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

KaptainK

Just this one a cotton's would be acctable I suppose...
You can pack another syringe with a bit of pre+wetted coffee filter or similar and squeeze ya solution through that. Be sure the coffee filter is damp and well packed. It should be a little challenge to get the solution through. Then load the hopefully crystal clear solution into another syringe and banhmg away!

And please for the love of God don't heat the solution!! And make sure you prewet the filter and squeeze hard to get all the goodies out.

This is just a step up from using just a soon and cig type filter.

Oxy ain't for much of a rush. IMO I would use 40 mg with white grafruit juice and a spoon of peanut butter (as it's absorbed win fat) and just eat it. You'd get higher it'd just take Bout 20 more mins...

You should just take them orally as the bioavailability is more or less the same. Plus injecting the contents of a capsule is not very advisable, even with a fancy filter! It's just not worth the extra ~15% in bioavailability. Seriously though you'd get a better high taking it orally if u used one or more enzyme inhibitors like fresh Grapefruit Juice or Diphenhydramine or both for 'enhanced enzyme inhibition'.

Last edited:
You should just take them orally as the bioavailability is more or less the same. Plus injecting the contents of a capsule is not very advisable, even with a fancy filter! It's just not worth the extra ~15% in bioavailability. Seriously though you'd get a better high taking it orally if u used one or more enzyme inhibitors like fresh Grapefruit Juice or Diphenhydramine or both for 'enhanced enzyme inhibition'.
I didn't have time to type it out at the time but ^^ this is what I also wanted to say. Plugging and injecting oxy are going to have pretty similar come ups since oxy doesn't have a "rush."
If you are really that desperate (and not that i'm judging) for a quick high then just plug them.

I didn't have time to type it out at the time but ^^ this is what I also wanted to say. Plugging and injecting oxy are going to have pretty similar come ups since oxy doesn't have a "rush."
If you are really that desperate (and not that i'm judging) for a quick high then just plug them.

Oxy doesn't have a rush? I beg to differ! If I take a minimum of 60mg IR then I get a nice euphoric stimulating rush lasting for about 20 mins followed by hours of sedation.

Oxy doesn't have a rush? I beg to differ! If I take a minimum of 60mg IR then I get a nice euphoric stimulating rush lasting for about 20 mins followed by hours of sedation.
I have never injected anything but from what I have gathered from reading posts oxy does not have the typical "rush" in the same way that heroin or crack does. The come up is going to be much quicker but the speed of onset does not modify the experience by much.

Whether or not it has a "rush," it is still a horrible idea to IV pills, especially when oral BA is so high and plugging is an option.

OP if you must IV these please get the micron filters

Hey OP! We're always happy to have new people to fill out our ranks, so welcome!

Out of all of the Opioids that I've ever done in my life, and I've had extensive experience with pretty much all of them, Oxycodone is the least satisfying when injected. It was always a weird thing for me, because I injected Heroin pretty much exclusively. I always preferred orally administering Oxycodone or using the rectal route. As with a lot of other drugs, I feel that the rectal route is great due to its relative safety and ease.

I found that when I injected Oxycodone, the duration was siginificanlt less than when taken by other routes of administration. Another important point to make about Oxycodone is that it has one of the most favourable bioavalability ratioes of any of the commonly available Opioids. You're going to get about 90% bioavailability through the oral route, 60%-70% by intranasal insufflation and around 90% for the rectal route.

Essentially, most people inject Oxycodone for the rush as opposed to its "legs" or duration. I consider it not to be worth the trouble. With Heroin, the rush is great of course, but the primary reason most people switch to the needle is the economics of it. You get a 30% boost in bioavailability compared to say, insufflation. You don't really need this with Oxycodone. In short, I would recommend sticking with the rectal route. I doubt injection would be any more satisfying.

Yeah in terms of bioavailability there is little advantage in IV (though if you do definitely get wheel filters). Though I have to disagree with anyone who claims oxycodone doesn’t have a rush, IME it definitely has a euphoric opioid type rush but I still prefer morphine or heroin.

But for the OP don’t pick up the needle with oxy if you’re just looking for better bang for your buck, if you want the rush there’s more merit to it but you may end up opening a potentially lifelong can of worms 🪱 known as IV opioid dependence

Thanks everyone for the advice. I've taken it on board and haven't proceeded with this because there seems to be little discernible benefit over other RoAs but a great deal more hassle and risk.

I've tried boofing and although it's a bit hit and miss it's possible to achieve a decent rush this way, although whether it's comparable to injecting Oxy obviously I couldn't say.

I should have mentioned that I've been an IV heroin user previously so I wouldn't be embarking on anything I haven't done before with this venture, but I don't worship the needle or anything and I certainly don't intend to open up the closed circulatory system of my body again without good reason.

Dude cimetidine or white grape fruit an hour before. Double your oral dose and I promise you'll forget injecting!

This. I have no idea why you would do anything else.

200.gif

This 999999%