• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting Meth- Blown Vein .VS. Nerve Hit?

TweakedAndFreaked

Greenlighter
I have been injecting meth for about a year now, and still have lots of questions. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I need to go to the hospital or not....

A couple of nights ago, I was really drunk and with a friend who wanted to "practice" on me, and honestly I was really drunk so I don't remember much. (I should probably add that I don't know how to actually shoot up myself, I always have others do it--Yes, I realize the stupidity but that's another conversation.)

So I'm not sure what happened exactly, but he tried to hit me on the inside of my wrist. He couldn't hit me, and I found out the next day he quit trying after a couple of attempts other places as well. So he didn't push any of it (Or so I think), but the next day I noticed my wrist was bruised. It wasn't really bad, so I was trying not to worry about it and didn't do any clear the rest of the day. Today, 2 days later, I snorted a small line and then looked at my wrist (I had been kind of avoiding looking at it until then), and it was a lot worse. It has since become blue and red, I believe I have a fever, and feel dizzy/light-headed/nauseous. It hurts pretty bad, especially when I bend or flex it and I think my hand is becoming numb and discolored as well.

I know I'm an idiot, and you've probably already quit reading due to frustration with my stupidity......but please help?

For a missed shot it's advised to alternate between ice and a warm compress. Since this happened a couple days ago and you're feeling ill, you may want to get this checked at a hospital or urgent care center. They can't arrest you or anything like that. If it doesn't improve, don't let this go.

OK, thank you! I had wondered if it was a miss since supposedly he didn't push it but I have since found the shot and it literally had 80 cc's of water and had only had 20 cents of shit...obviously this person didn't know what they were doing. It is in quite a bit of pain but the bruise is less red and more purple-ish now.

I appreciate the help, thank you again!