• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Injecting MDMA ~ strange after effects

blaireexo

Greenlighter
So, this weekend me and my friend went on an amazing trip. We met up with some of her other friends who are experienced Pinners but it was our first time.
We each injected 1 ml of this MDMA concoction they had purified and liquified themselves. (Injected into muscles, not veins). We were also doing hits of nitrous and smoking weed and much later on drinking.

MDMA has never worked for me so I was very happy when this time it did (the nitrous made it amaaaazing). Anyway. I was perfectly fine until we went to bed about 9 hours later and I started throwing up every 20 minutes ish. I couldn't hold down plain water.

4 or 5 hours later I fell asleep for a short period of time. Around 10/11 am our whole group went out for breakfast. I felt fine until around lunch time when I had this very strange feeling.

All of a sudden it felt like there was a headband around my head - around the top of the back of my neck, above my ears and around my forehead- that was squeezing VERY TIGHT. My vision and general mood wa different too. I could tell something was wrong.

The people who I was with are very experienced with injecting and told me it was because of the MDMA and would be over soon. They gave me some Xanax to calm me down and soon it was over and everything was normal.

I just can't stop thinking about it. The freaky sensations. They said it was because my brain was over heated but I would like more of an explanation. Anyone know more?

I don't know , it cannot really be related to the fact that you where injecting. And why not inject in the vein ??! Or perhaps not inject at all , but I would prefer the vein and not the muscles anyways....

Injecting MDMA, gives a short rush, intense peak and a very short subjective half life of 1 hour or so. After effects being + 9 hours post and the description of negative subjective effects suggests increased cerebral pressure (brain pressure) makes me wonder: "What the fuck else was in the mix?". I've IV'd, IM'd, SC (subcutaneous or under the skin) many different substances and your description makes me think a: something else in the mix besides MDMA b: Perhaps sterility of the injecting equipment/substance/solution was compromised (most likely candidate) and finally c: toxic impurities in the MDMA.*

*(NO TEST KIT WILL IDENTIFY THIS or even if your mdma is 70%, 80%, 90% etc "The test kits can not positively identify that a pill contains ecstasy. It can not differentiate between the MD* chemicals nor tell you how much of these are in a pill. There is a growing belief that 'bunk' ecstasy producers are including a small amount of Marquis-positive chemicals to 'fool' the tests." Erowid MDMA vault ecstacy test kits FAQ. It is call a presumptive test for a reason) Also note marquis-positive chemicals don't need to be mdma, just any chemical that will turn a mixture of formaldehyde and concentrated sulfuric acid black (the active ingredients of a marquis test kit).

A Simon's reagent test kit: The primary use of this reagent is for detecting secondary amines, such as MDMA and methamphetamine, and is typically used after the mecke or marquis reagents to differentiate between the two mentioned and amphetamine or MDA. Use at least 2-3 (Marquis, simon's) kits to identify the substance in your possession but it is at best a rough guide.

Last edited:
I would have just plugged instead of IM injection imo
I would see it could just be a weird after effect from the MDMA.
Perhaps you were a little low on blood sugar and dehydrated from all the vomiting

Just iv'ed probably just under a point of me for the first time. Have I've he's (totally different ballgame). Would have done more (didn't need to).
From a long term reliable source, was young and dumb icing pills when I was in my early 20's, would defiantly not do alone and without a partner.

Me seemed pretty pure, very little residue left in spoon and drew up relotivy clear.
Nice slow rush.
Did have 2 caps of mushies on the afternoon ( they had been stitting in a cubord for a couple of years and had deffinately lost some of they're potency bit were nice and mellow.
Feels like a much nicer peak. I do really enjoy the slow build up when out at a doof of psytrance got. But to take it in silence was beautiful.
Love my k but find it can burn when over. No discomfort with what I have though.

Have a 12 hour bus and train journey tomorrow. Will be ddefiantly be doing a shot be for getting on the train.

Going to the beach to get out of the city (trying to have a break from k and alcohol).
Can not wait to do a shot before getting in the surf!

Not trying to advocate just banging anything.

Feeling pretty good for someone that stoped breathing from alcohol poisoning last week.

The headband tight feeling I would almost guarantee was from you clenching your jaw really hard while rolling and not realizing it until you came down. I get this on psychedelics the next day and its extremely uncomfortable and sometimes Ive even had to get emergency dental work i didn't even know was wrong and the pyschs made me hyperaware and could feel pain in my teeth I didn't know was there and turned out I had an abscessed tooth.

This is probably not a thing, it's about IV and you did IM, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

When I was IV'ing speed, I injected pills once. I did not know about the horrible effects of the binders yet. My fellow needle freaks just said it was "buff", and that "buff is bad to shoot". Anyway, I did shoot a number of pills (Orange OP's) in 3 shots. Probably quite a bit of "buff". Dumb luck that I only did this once, but it was a lot.

Anyway, hours later, almost having come down, I got really sick and threw up, etc.. It passed before too terribly long.
My theory has always been that my body saw foreign nasties and tried to reject them.
Anyway, you don't know what was in your, "purified and liquified" MDMA.

(BTW: Cotton fever usually hits way quicker)