• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Injecting DMT

Heh, no worries.

I tried injecting extracted DMT once, but I only got a little bit in & then start getting super paranoid about tannins & shit, so I didn't finish.

Generally the tannins won't come across in an extraction and the plant fats that do make it across IF any make it will not end up in the fumarate salt.

The beauty part of making a salt with extracted DMT is that you weed out virtually all of the things that might have come across in the original extraction such as fats, oils and waxes...depending on what your starting product is.
The tannins don't make it across in the first place as they are water soluble and won't dissolve in NPS.
THAT is why I feel that injecting extracted DMT CAN be, when done correctly, safe and enjoyable.

It's not always that simple. Not every compound is completely polar or non-polar, otherwise A/B extractions would be super easy and effective in one go.

The problem is that some compounds may be kind of similar to the tryptamine alkaloid(s) and behave similarly which causes them not to be separated that easily. Which is why generally it is hard to say and IMO irresponsible to claim that extracted products are suited for injection.

Another truth is that among IVing users there are people who generally speaking often enough do inject tarry products (of whatever drug class) made with messy household items or shit like lemon juice. It happens apparently. The fact that polluting your body that way may not fuck you as acutely and explicitly as an abscess from bad IM practices doesn't mean that it is okay the IV way. And the fact that there are many people doing such things doesn't either.

Indeed, this is still a harm reduction site and it is our job not to adopt a skewed view at this. If you want to take risks, that's your prerogative but don't fool yourself please.

I realize that every substance is not necessarily completely polar or non polar.
All I said was that by the time it is a salt and has been scrubbed in acetone...which bridges that polar/non-polar gap...it is relatively safe to inject.
I know that this is a harm reduction site but you are still, ultimately, dealing with illicit products which are very possibly procured in nefarious ways and "harm reduction" doesn't mean "harm free"...IMHO.

That harm reduction does not mean harm free is always a poor argument, we still ought to do our best.

I'm sure someone who knows what he or she is doing can clean up extracted DMT to become relatively safe for IV use, but I am definitely concerned about saying that casually and have people attempt this who do have extracted DMT and are in a way to IV things, but do not really have the experience or judgement to take care of that purification. Realize that what you say here may influence the decisions of others.
For example: do you propose evaporating the water after having salted the DMT before the scrubbing part? Cause IME salting (synthetic) DMT and analogues in solution is no biggie and yielding products from evaping non-polar solvents often isn't either, but getting a solid salt is a pain in the ass due to the nature of water. Have you done any of this and feel confident about it suggesting it to the general public?

I do 1 or 2 recx in heptane and then a FASA to yield the fumarate and and that is washed 2 or3 times in anhydrous acetone.
I will do a test solubility in water to look for insoluble...unreacted fumaric acid in particular... but I don't recrx my entire batch in water as this just opens a window for contams...when I get a Meltemp I'll let you know the MP...until then all I can do is what I've been doing and that is telling people that I shoot MY shit and to be very cautious when injecting ANYTHING...especially if you don't know the origin.

A "should I inject" thread imo beats the purpose of a harm reduction site...

A better question would be - if I inject what will happen? Do any of you have experiance...
Should I inject, does not give out the right message imo

I apologize for the inappropriate wording.
In further posts, I was talking about harm reduction, and researching the proper way to do it, if I do in fact decide to (and wishing I had wheel filters :( ). Sorry if that came off as just me wanting to trip. I'm interested in hearing experiences about it and if it's a good idea or not.
I'll try to word it better next time :)

I will edit some things to make my point more clear.
Please tell me if it sounds a little better. I think I fixed it ok :)

~Ms.P

Last edited: