Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Injecting DMT

Papaverium

Bluelighter
Soooooo yeah..

I've been contemplating this for a little while, I'm just a little nervous and would like to learn more about it.....

Injecting n,n DMT

I know I won't die, but what is there to fear?
I always get so nervous before i smoke it, and it's always a lovely trip....
IVing it though.... that's something that intrigues me.

Has anyone on here done this with DMT before?
Opinions/Advice/Experiences (Spiritual, Life-Changing, good and even bad ones)???
I'm interested to hear some feedback ^^

~Ms.P

Last edited:
im have met people that done it and they said it was pretty intense.
im not expert but in my opinion i cant see it being much different than smoking,and also i would think that the quality and grade of DMT might be a factor on if its safe/ worth it to iv.
then again thats my opinion ,i could be very well wrong.
i know my post isnt very helpful seeing as i dont know the facts but i figured id post my input.Its something i am also very interested in doing.

All I know is that a very trustable, close friend made it, and having smoked this same stuff, I'd say it's good quality. At least definitely compared to some other dmt I've smoked.

I only have the smallest bit left and I've been saving it, but you only need a tiny bit for IV....
bawww I wish I wasn't such a pussy, I'd do it tonight lol, and come back with a report :p

After reading The Spirit Molecule a couple years ago, I've been super intrigued about injecting DMT....

~Ms.P

yea its defiantly something that would be interesting. yea the dmt molecule made me even more interesting in the drug also.
i prolly would of tried it already but i haven't smoked deemster in a good couple years. i used to like to smoke around once a moth but i fell into a deep depression and bad drug addiction which has got me really fucked up in the head and last couple times i had a really bad trip. its sad becuase its wonderful thing. i would do anything to enjoy it again.i guess i just have to over come some demons. maybe thats not what makes me not have an enjoyable time but i cant figure it out.
anyway if your planning on injecting it make sure to figure out the correct preparation and im assuming youd want to use a wheel filter or something like that.
if you do decide to do it please let us know how it was!

yeah Same thing happened to me, I used to use psychedelics, then once I got into opiates and downers I kinda stopped. But I'm gonna wait til I'm in a better headspace to do it. I know DMT is practically insoluble in water so I'll need acetone first of all..., sad thing is I have no wheel filters or access to online shopping at the moment, so I've always used cotton balls provided by my local harm reduction centre as filters.... it's better than nothing.

If I acquire some acetone, I'll do more research on a proper preparation, and totally let you guys know how it goes...

~Ms.P

yea ! once i got addicted to heroin my dmt trips became unpleasent.thats something i really want to look into.maybe i will post something about it.
do you know why that might effect it?

yea i live somewher wher i dont have an exchange so all i have access to is needles at the pharmacy and online but sometime shopping online can be a bitch.
if you have absolutely no access to a wheel filter or micron filter id just make sure to filter more than once.you would defiantly want your dmt trip to be a very clean and enjoyable trip with no chances of cotton fever and if you can help it no impurities in it.

Yes definitely, I've never experienced cotton fever, but I hear it's a bad time..
And opiates bring down psychedelic highs. I'm not sure on the chemistry behind it, but it definitely happens. I know from experience as well lol.

I'm bad for not double filtering my pills before injection, eep. :sus:
Good thing I haven't touched a needle in... going on 16 days.... but I will one last time for DMT haha

~Ms.P

yea I'm not to smart about filtering my drugs especially pills, i recently started iving subutex which i need to stop doing and i make sure to atleast double filter it but im gonna be way more smart due to recent things thats of happened.
and congrats! i always using a needle just as addictive as using a drug prolly why i choose to shoot my subtex.
im really working on quitting everything thats bad for health im only 20 and opiates and needles have done quite alot of damage on my emotions and body.
id really like to enjoy a good dmt trip again and experience iving it.
hopefully someone else will post about there experience so we have a better idea and understanding of how to go about it and the effect.
honestly i can see it being a bit over whelming and for me atleast lasting longer than id want it to

ok thx i wasnt sure if i shoulda posted it in BDD or not since it involved injecting :)
now that I think, why DIDN'T I post it in PD? its freakin DMT! lol

~Ms.P

Heh, no worries.

I tried injecting extracted DMT once, but I only got a little bit in & then start getting super paranoid about tannins & shit, so I didn't finish.

I'm pretty sure tannins are only an issue with IM, though not sure! I can't imagine your circulatory system not loving them, but I don't see it reeking havock like it can with IM. IV DMT will only last maybe fifteen minutes, worse comes to worse, do it at a time you could go for a walk, and have a sitter. Walking will focus your energy and by the time you've walked five ish minutes, it'll almost be over!

Haha I can't wallk around on DMT it's so hard!... I just sit back and enjoy it.. also My roomie said he would be my sitter, so I'm good on that lol.

and not meaning to sound like a total dummy, but what's "tannins"? Ive never read that on here before (probably totally missed it when reading the IV megathread lol), so I just googled it and I'm not really getting a clear answer other than tannic acid, so by relative assumption, you were worried that you'd get an abscess of some kind from the liquid used as a solvent? Does it create a burn or something if done improperly? I mean, anything injected improperly can cause damage, but I'm curious... I've never used any kind of acid to inject, I've always just used water and (pharmaceutical) opaites, cause that's all you need. So this is a little different ballgame for me.

~Ms.P

Here's a decent thread on this topic: Injecting DMT.

Overall, I found the experience to be absolutely mind blowing...got further out than I could via vaporization, but I think it altered my experience of DMT down the road in a negative way.

A "should I inject" thread imo beats the purpose of a harm reduction site...

A better question would be - if I inject what will happen? Do any of you have experiance...
Should I inject, does not give out the right message imo

My preferred method is IM, but I've IV'd several times...enough to know that, IMO, it is superior to smoking and not nearly as nice as IM.

I get a ration of shit anytime I mention injecting extracted stuff, however., I've never had a problem. My wife and I have injected several grams of my stuff this past year with no ill effects. I am very scrupulous in my technique though.

IV is superior to smoking, IMO, for two reasons, first, you can regulate dose more accurately, and it also comes on in a different way...more evenly.

My IV dose is generally larger than my smoked dose...about double.

IM I still the best.

A "should I inject" thread imo beats the purpose of a harm reduction site...

A better question would be - if I inject what will happen? Do any of you have experiance...
Should I inject, does not give out the right message imo
But if someone is wondering if they should do it & people respond with potential hazards, HR has been done imo.

Haha I can't wallk around on DMT it's so hard!... I just sit back and enjoy it.. also My roomie said he would be my sitter, so I'm good on that lol.

and not meaning to sound like a total dummy, but what's "tannins"? Ive never read that on here before (probably totally missed it when reading the IV megathread lol), so I just googled it and I'm not really getting a clear answer other than tannic acid, so by relative assumption, you were worried that you'd get an abscess of some kind from the liquid used as a solvent? Does it create a burn or something if done improperly? I mean, anything injected improperly can cause damage, but I'm curious... I've never used any kind of acid to inject, I've always just used water and (pharmaceutical) opaites, cause that's all you need. So this is a little different ballgame for me.

~Ms.P
It's been about 4 years since I've rly looked into it, but IIRC it's shit you find in plants (liek wine discussion brings up tannins) that can fuck up your body if not ingested orally.

Their plant fats from what I recall and Boblaw didn't say it, but IMO those are both the same thing only one more descriptive to ask what happens if they do. Asking should you inject should include why they should and why not on a proper HR site, either way a proper HR response should include what will happen if they do, getting nitty gritty on things like that only stand to tone down HR, though IMO.

I break through every time I IV DMT, but I always have someone else there to remove the syringe and make sure I fall on pillows or something when I go in.

Full breakthrough means ego loss, which means there is either nothing to fear, or you could be in for an interesting experience.