• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting after exercise

casualdruguser

Greenlighter
Im not talking about after running a marathon where your body is exhausted, but if you were to do some light exercise (just to get the heart pumping) before you injected your drug of choice - would that make for a better hit given that whatever you are injecting would be distributed around your body much faster?

i saw this and just had to comment, when I was using D, I would go out and surf on the smaller days. For the days when it was head high and over I wouldn't go out because I could barely breathe at all since I as a heroin user I knew I would be unable to actualy survive the beatings of OH (overhead) high jersey death barrels.

anyway to the main point yes there were times that I had surfed for a couple hours (a very exhausting activity) plus you have to keep in mind it was winter and in winter you have to wear the thickest wetsuit available (think surfing with like 7 pounds of rubber). So Id come out after my session, take off my suit and go get ready to do a big shot...

the shots I would do after a surf were absolutely incredible. So powerful. Because I would be so fucking tired and my body felt like it had gone through a tough workout then I do the shot and after the rush, I was no longer tired, had energy all of a sudden, and the body obviously did not hurt had no soreness whatsoever.

So yea doing a huge shot after exerscice is awesome. But only do this if you have a tolerance of course.

Re: Benefit(s) of moderate exercise prior to shooting up??

My $ .02 - Although your heart rate increases during exercise, thus pumping an increased volume of blood throughout your body, I'm pretty sure there is little (if any) increase in the speed at which the blood is traveling.

It seems mostly common knowledge that if a person is having trouble registering, doing even just a minute or two of targeted exercise can be enough to bring a vein 'out of hiding'. For example doing several push-ups if you're trying to hit in your arm.

Craig Freudenrich, Ph.D. "How Exercise Works" 7 March 2008.
HowStuffWorks.com. <http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/exercise/sports-physiology.htm> 4 March 2016

Last edited: