• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Inhaling Glue/ Methadone

we call it harm reduction around here, because with GOOD drugs (not huffing) it CAN be worth it do them, as long as you educate yourself and do everything you can do prevent damage..... No one around here huffs, because we all know better, and any bluelighter would educate any huffer, by telling them to stop immediately and never do it again. There is no SAFE way to huff.... as long as you feel ok , you should be fine... just stop, drink lots of water, take some fish oil and vitamins, and sleep it off... there is a wikipedia about "Toulene Abuse" and it has some tips for getting the toulene out of your system as quick as possible

Stop using the glue. Since you take the methadone talk to the doctor that prescribes it to you, or the clinic that you get it at. Stay safe.

Wow I had no idea, I always thought it wasn't that bad compared to being addicted to oxycodone, cocaine or meth. Do you know anyone who has done it and been able to quit?

It is much worse the Oxycodone or any other typical opiate like Morphine, Hydromorphone, Fentanyl, etc as Opiates/Opioid's are not neurotoxic and are generally not toxic to the body at all. In terms of Neurotoxicity and damage to the body such as organ and nerve damage you really couldn't have picked a worse drug if you tried. No other commonly used drug comes anywhere close to the neurotoxicity and organ damage that inhalants cause. If you where a raging alcoholic, addicted to Methamphetamine and a heavy long term PCP user you still would do nowhere near the damage sniffing glue does. I have heard of plenty of people quitting but it's not easy for alot. Then again you have to factor in the 3rd world conditions alot of these people live in so they have no incentive to quit. However for you the threat of death, irreversible brain damage, being a vegetable and severe organ damage should be enough to make you want to quit.

Luckily quitting inhalants is easier than something like opioids because as far as I know there is not a strong withdrawal symptom, unless you are on solvents 24/7. In the worst case you could be moved to a long lasting GABAergic like clonazepam. Toluene is not very selective in its effects, I think it interferes with a lot of stuff.

Going by what i have read about the kids in Labrador who where addicted to sniffing Gasoline then put in detox the withdrawals can be hell and look far worse then opiate withdrawal. Toluene seems to be a non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist and a Gaba-A positive allosteric modulator among other things as it has a wide array of action. With heavy use withdrawal symptoms can be as severe as withdrawal from Alcohol, Barbs or other Gaba drugs. However i would say giving someone coming off inhalants some Valium or another benzo or if the withdrawals where severe enough Phenobarbital possibly with a anti-psychotic would control the worst of the withdrawals.

I know in the detox unit they had here they doped the kids addicted to Gasoline up to the gills with Benzos and anti-psychotics and even slipped them extra meds and Cigarettes because the withdrawals and brain damage from inhalant abuse made them uncontrollable. Really sad when you think of it that someones life would be that bad to escape from reality by doing something guaranteed to completely fuck them up or kill them.

^^ They probably never knew the danger that comes with inhalants. I've never understood why ANYONE would destroy their mental and physical well-being for a high that lasts less than a minute. It's complete madness.

Huffing???? I always thought its something kids do because they cant get their hands on real drugs yet. Seems so stupid. Aren't you basically just killing so many brain cells at one time that it gives you that dizzy almost about to faint feeling? Or is the brain cell thing a myth to keep kids from doing it? My oldest boy is 12 and seems like such a kid still. Guess it wont be long until its time to start watching for stuff like this. Methadone and huffing in the same sentence seems like it should be an oxymoron! Seems like such a young and inexperienced with drugs thing to do and then you have methadone which is the end of the line drug!

Huffing???? I always thought its something kids do because they cant get their hands on real drugs yet. Seems so stupid. Aren't you basically just killing so many brain cells at one time that it gives you that dizzy almost about to faint feeling? Or is the brain cell thing a myth to keep kids from doing it? My oldest boy is 12 and seems like such a kid still. Guess it wont be long until its time to start watching for stuff like this. Methadone and huffing in the same sentence seems like it should be an oxymoron! Seems like such a young and inexperienced with drugs thing to do and then you have methadone which is the end of the line drug!

It doesn't give you a high by killing brain cells though it is very neurotoxic and can cause Sudden Sniffing Death Syndrome where solvent users just drop dead from cardiac arrhythmia. Different inhalants act on different parts of the brain though they all have much the same effect. The only people that do it here are really bad off people often indigenous who are stuck in hell holes like Northern Labrador where you can mark up a gram of Weed or Coke a good 10 times and it's not possible to get liquor in the winter because it all freezes up up there so you have to pay say $100 a pint for Rum or Whiskey. My dad often went to these places as he worked on the Coast guard and he knew guys who would bring a bag of Weed or a few ounces of Hash with them and put a huge markup on it and sell it to the locals. However as selling to minors is a sure way to get caught, fired and probably given time so most people who have sense don't sell directly to minors anyway. So to escape the hellish conditions they live in they do whatever they can get and in this case it's Gasoline. It's a sad sight and those that live often suffer severe permanent neurological damage.

I have never seen anyone that could get other drugs do solvents beyond experimenting with them. Here we where kinda lucky because you can pick shrooms everywhere and there was always lots of untaxed booze and homemade Beer, Wine or Moonshine around. It may not be a good idea to constantly take mushies or be drunk as often as you can be but it's a shade better then sniffing gas. Why would someone who takes Methadone bother with solvents anyway? You can always boost opiates abit with decent anti-histamines such as Promethazine, Hydroxyzine or if you can get it Cyclizine which is supposed to go great with Methadone. If i wanted to do a inhalant i will gladly do good old Nitrous which will do no damage especially if you take Vitamin B-12 with it to offset B-12 depletion from heavy regular use.

paranoid android, pretty much like that in Northern Labrador.

But in case I loved being there for a while and got my book written as well as lots of rhymes to be used.

Pretty much like here in back ends of Northern Finland