• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Inhaling Glue/ Methadone

WalkerGirl2015

Greenlighter
Pls help me I'm so confused. I'm having trouble posting this anywhere. I take 80 mgms of Methadone for many yrs but I need any info/advice on Glue Sniffing. For 6mos I've sniffed a specific type of contact cement glue w toluene. At first I felt great, lately feel sick, head heavy, air on brain, etc. I only sniff about a 1/4 of tube a day via a rag, never a bag. Pls help me with advice, long term effects, personal stories,etc

Please don't continue to inhale toleuene, or any other dangerous inhalant for that matter.
I direct you here for some long term effects of toluene abuse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toluene_toxicity#Effects_of_long-term_exposure

Remember this is not a drug that you need to be doing, no drug is besides maybe your methadone to help alleviate opiate withdrawals.
It is not worth the risk it places to your health, both physically and psychologically

Sorry man, huffing solvents never turns out good. You are damaging your brain and the rest of your nervous system, severely.
You seem to be doing pretty good considering but, really can you stop huffing the shit? Maybe switch to Nitrous? I had two good friends who used to do duter and huff gas on the regular. One's dead, one's not the potent and brilliant if troubled artist I knew, just drinks and exists and is boringly moronic.

You must enter long term inpatient treatment imho, maybe there you can explore why you are doing such self destructive behavior. Maybe you have borderline pers disorder or something? I huffed a few times as a kid and I really regret it.

As all above have stated, it's strongly advised you cease inhaling toluene immediately for the good of your own health.

Unfortunately you've posted this in the wrong section, however I feel that you likely won't receive any additional information beyond the above (stop sniffing). I'm going to move it over to Other Drugs on the chance you may receive some useful input, though I honestly wouldn't hold out for anything more than repeats of what's already been said here, and likely will be closed off anyway.

I join the others. Stay aways from glue! Here's my experience. (I've only used it for 5-6 times in my life, but I know people who do it everyday). There's this guy I know, he's 28 and the doctor said his liver looks like a 60 year old alcoholic's. Because of using that shit. He was told he has 5 years (maximum) to live, if he keeps using that stuff. His liver will just shut down.

It doesn't give that much of a good high, to do all this harm to yourself... It actually can make you trip out, be paranoid, and violent. So violent. I've seen a guy punching his gf in the face so hard while on glue, her teeth fell off.

Don't go there, that's what's up.

I'd recommend someone shoot heroin into their eyeballs (seriously don't do that) before I advised them to do anything with glue besides gluing things. The shit is way worse than any opiate out there. Probably even worse for you than that krokodil shit, stick to shit that's made to get you high. You're feeling these things simply because you have caused damage to your brain.

I've said it before and i will say it again, long chain carbons are not easy for the body to break down. We eliminate things by oxidizing them and there needs to be ways to do that or we end up with toxic substances. When you ingest something it needs to be water soluble to be eliminated easily. Something like toluene doesnt have any oxidation sites, easy ones at least, so it bogs down the liver or builds up in fat or neurotissue. I know that Xylene, think of it as "di-methyl-beneze" where as Toluene is "mono-methyl-benzene" so they arent too different and Xylene is neurotoxic, which is why some markers say "xylene free."

My only point is you may be literally poisoning your body for a quick and fleeting high. I would go as far as to say this class of hydrocarbon is probably slightly worse then others based on its size and shape. I dont actually know though.

Wow thanks, yes I have no idea how/where to post. Are their withdrawals?

For your own sakes please stop inhaling Toluene or anything else besides Nitrous oxide to get high. Inhaling Toluene or any other solvent to get high can cause anything from severe neurological damage to what's known as Sudden sniffing death syndrome which happens alot when someone who is high on solvents get's startled either by hallucinations or real life occurrences and this can lead to the person dropping dead of Cardiac arrhythmia. So this is actually one drug that can kill you the first time you try it.

Long term use of inhalants can cause severe withdrawal symptoms including hallucinations, mania, violent outbursts, severe headaches, etc. I think it varies somewhat on the type of inhalant used and most of the data from the cases of people in Labrador who where addicted to inhalants and sent for treatment comes from abuse of Petroleum products especially Gasoline. If you start getting bad withdrawal symptoms i would suggest going to a doctor. I have heard of people severely addicted having seizures and fits of rage so bad that they needed to be sedated for their own safety and the safety of the staff. Either way this is one drug you have to stop doing as it's not like a Opiate or even Cocaine or Amphetamine addiction where it might kill you or cause some long term damage. Inhalant abuse will kill you or if your really unlucky leave you alive but basically a walking vegetable. My aunt who is a Nurse has seen young inhalant abusers in long term care facilities who's brains where so friend they couldn't even feed themselves or go to the bathroom by themselves. So there are plenty of incentives here to quit.

Good luck on giving up this poison

Wow I had no idea, I always thought it wasn't that bad compared to being addicted to oxycodone, cocaine or meth. Do you know anyone who has done it and been able to quit?

Opiates are not physically harmful to organs, inhalants are a level of danger all on there own. Had many IV drug addictions would still never think of abusing toluene that's pretty insane

Toluene usage is much worse than even chronic methamphetamine usage. Toluene itself is toxic to nerve cells and long term exposure basically causes your nervous system to become crippled (for instance your nerves lose the protective myelin coating).

Luckily quitting inhalants is easier than something like opioids because as far as I know there is not a strong withdrawal symptom, unless you are on solvents 24/7. In the worst case you could be moved to a long lasting GABAergic like clonazepam. Toluene is not very selective in its effects, I think it interferes with a lot of stuff.

Combining toluene and methadone also increases your risk of sudden death via a variety of factors, respiratory depression and cardiac issues primarily.

Please stop it while you still can read and write.

My mom used to work in a hospital for young disabled people and one huge part of its patients were people who had used solvents.

Most of them had cognitive impairment so bad that literally all they could do was to drool. Although there were some variables as some drooled from left side of their mouth and others from right side of their mouth.

Using solvents does nearly the same damage to your brain as 9mm bullet but a lot slower.

"Inhalation of toluene in low to moderate levels can cause tiredness, confusion, weakness, drunken-type actions, memory loss, nausea, loss of appetite, and hearing and color vision loss. These symptoms usually disappear when exposure is stopped." - Wikipedia

If you're hellbent on organic solvents, alcohol is better than tolulene by a mile. Inhalants other than nitrous and hospital grade anaesthetics, like Sevofluorane, are extremely bad for you. and even if you could land hospital-grade gasses, you'd better have an anaesthesiologist to administer it to you.

Inhalants can fuck you up; see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6TW6v39_kQ

Also, even someone as fucked up as she was can kick it, recover, and lead a productive life.

Walkergirl, your questions have been answered - What you are doing is worse for your health than anything I can think of except for being hit by a bus, which is kinda what is happening to your brain every time you embark on a sniff session. There is no better way to damage yourself physically and mentally apart from the aforementioned bus. Please stop immediately. Why not smoke pot? Anything would be better, smoking for 20 years will likely do you less damage than 12 months of sniffing that shit, seriously.

I just can't believe it's that bad. I am defiantly having issues with ears but other than that I'm okay. Wow I wish I knew this before . Now I'm sacred

Well you know now, and you're still coherent, really not bad considering. Stop with the huffing though.