• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Indoor poppy grow pt. II

RR1989

Bluelighter
Just wanted to share my progress with a small indoor poppy grow. I sabotaged my first attempt by "over caring" and trying to transplant more than one time... Learned a lot from the first attempt and now feeling good about these...I don't expect to get much from them, but at this point I just want to see at least 1 of them through. Flower etc...

Started them in a hydroponic kit from Amazon and transferred them as they grew. Tried to experiment with them and swapped one to soil, one to DWC (bucket with timed drip) and the rest share a tank with nutrients and air stones..

It looks like cabbage or something, is t they’re supposed to be blue Andy black pods?

Whatever happened to the first grow?

Man I miss growing poppies indoors. There is something addictive about the growing process, something hypnotizing. It's exciting to wake up each morning and check on their progress. I once did an overnight timelapse of them growing and its crazy how much the plants move. They sort of sway back and forth, its kind of weird.

At one point I was growing them in three different spaces: 1) in a grow tent in the corner of my home office 2) in the shower of my guest bathroom and 3) in my garage. Feeding and caring for all those plants was consuming a good 2 hours a day of my time. But it was alot of fun and very interesting.

Problem is, I try not to use opioids too often these days because due to my past severe opioid addictions, a few good doses of opioids is enough to give me a fairly nasty rebound (like a mini-withdrawal syndrome). And I turned out to be quite good at growing those plants, which resulted in me yielding far more pods than I expected. Not only that, but all the supplements that I pumped those plants full of to increase morphine content (specifically nitrogen and l-tyrosine) resulted in poppies that were far more potent by weight than any poppies I've ever consumed.

But I still miss it quite abit. If I had an ongoing opioid habit these days then I would definitely be growing poppies year round. But otherwise its an unhealthy hobby for me. After consuming the pods I grew I had to use kratom for landing gear and wound up hooked on 40-50g/day of kratom for 3 months afterwards.

In anycase, what type of poppy are you growing now? From my experience, the best type to grow indoors are the english Tasmanian high-alkaloid variety. These seeds are sold by vendors who sell unwashed seeds for the purpose of making poppy seed washes. Tasmanians produce far more pods per cubic foot of space, which is important for indoor growing. They don't grow too tall, instead being more bush like, which results in more pods. I also much prefer the high to other varieties, and they feel significantly stronger by weight. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to grow other varieties.

Last edited:

Man I miss growing poppies indoors. There is something addictive about the growing process, something hypnotizing. It's exciting to wake up each morning and check on their progress. I once did an overnight timelapse of them growing and its crazy how much the plants move. They sort of sway back and forth, its kind of weird.

At one point I was growing them in three different spaces: 1) in a grow tent in the corner of my home office 2) in the shower of my guest bathroom and 3) in my garage. Feeding and caring for all those plants was consuming a good 2 hours a day of my time. But it was alot of fun and very interesting.

Problem is, I try not to use opioids too often these days because due to my past severe opioid addictions, a few good doses of opioids is enough to give me a fairly nasty rebound (like a mini-withdrawal syndrome). And I turned out to be quite good at growing those plants, which resulted in me yielding far more pods than I expected. Not only that, but all the supplements that I pumped those plants full of to increase morphine content (specifically nitrogen and l-tyrosine) resulted in poppies that were far more potent by weight than any poppies I've ever consumed.

But I still miss it quite abit. If I had an ongoing opioid habit these days then I would definitely be growing poppies year round. But otherwise its an unhealthy hobby for me. After consuming the pods I grew I had to use kratom for landing gear and wound up hooked on 40-50g/day of kratom for 3 months afterwards.

In anycase, what type of poppy are you growing now? From my experience, the best type to grow indoors are the english Tasmanian high-alkaloid variety. These seeds are sold by vendors who sell unwashed seeds for the purpose of making poppy seed washes. Tasmanians produce far more pods per cubic foot of space, which is important for indoor growing. They don't grow too tall, instead being more bush like, which results in more pods. I also much prefer the high to other varieties, and they feel significantly stronger by weight. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to grow other varieties.

Any additional details on the nitrogen and l-tyrosine feeding?

-GC

Upgraded the lighting. A friend of mine let me borrow a 3ft T5 fluorescent setup. One bulb needs to be replaced but overall an improvement I think...ordered some generic nutrients from Amazon along with digital pH and (can't think of the name but measures the amount of nutrients - sorry, very tired today ha) Im thinking of increasing the lighting time now just not sure exact times yet..

It's definitely a new hobby for me. I wish I had the space or even a spot outdoors...I'm following the pdf version of the "hydroponic heroin" book...good to know that they are possible to grow indoors...people on Reddit like to say it's basically impossible

As someone who has grown most of the illegal plants on earth, be very, very careful if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA, lucky you, because chances are none of this applies, and you can skip the next paragraph, but I'd check anyway

If the law feels like fucking you, it doesn't matter the amount, you're "manufacturing heroin/opiates", and if they weigh the entire wet plant like dicks, which they will, they'll be accusing you of manufacturing an ounce of heroin over a handful of pods. Unless you're really confident with your technical abilities to maintain complete anonymity online, I'd highly suggest waiting to post until it's over/you are clear and clean. If it puts it into perspective at all, even the weed growing forums I used to frequent had a unwritten "no poppy talk" rule, because even guys congregating to show off their massive illegal grow operations online found that to be too risky.

Sorry to be a mom. On to the advice: you should cull smaller plants asap- the smaller ones in the tub should go, leaving only the 2 biggest. Each plant needs at least 9"x9", ideally more like a square foot. As hard as it is to kill poppies, thinning them out is crucial.

The one in the bucket looks perfect. If you are using tap water, I'd check the quality(PPM/pH, etc), looks like it may be a little harsh (lower leaves on far right plant look a tad burnt) Could also just be nutrients. Looks mild. Beautiful overall, I'm sure you'll get a decent yield. Hope you can raise those t5s quite a bit, because those pods could be anywhere from 2-4' tall. Or, if you wanna get wild, go semi-horizontal: keep the light at the same height, but move it to the side as the pods grow, so the leaf is still getting most of the light. Pod doesn't need much light.

I'm an amateur, but as far as lancing, I always had an easier time poking rather than the traditional slicing. Especially on the uneven surface, I found it hard to maintain the precise depth through the whole cut, but i only tried with flat blades before giving up, so maybe the traditional curved blade is the key there, idk

Last edited:
Any additional details on the nitrogen and l-tyrosine feeding?

-GC

Sorry looks like i missed this.

I gave then 1000mg of l-tyrosine dissolved in water every 2-3 days after reaching the rapid growth stage (when the big leafs are present and it begins rapidly growing taller). Nitrogen was added every other day in the form of blood meal (dried pigs blood), 1 tablespoon per gallon.

The initial soil was also fortified with 1 tablespoon of blood meal per gallon. Morphine synthesis is nitrogen dependent so supplemental nitrogen is likely to help. Who knows what the l-tyrosine did (the biosynthesis of morphine includes l-tyrosine as a building block), but the resulting pods were extremely strong.

Sorry looks like i missed this.

I gave then 1000mg of l-tyrosine dissolved in water every 2-3 days after reaching the rapid growth stage (when the big leafs are present and it begins rapidly growing taller). Nitrogen was added every other day in the form of blood meal (dried pigs blood), 1 tablespoon per gallon.

The initial soil was also fortified with 1 tablespoon of blood meal per gallon. Morphine synthesis is nitrogen dependent so supplemental nitrogen is likely to help. Who knows what the l-tyrosine did (the biosynthesis of morphine includes l-tyrosine as a building block), but the resulting pods were extremely strong.

This is gold. Thank you 🙏🏻

-GC

Quick update:
Over on Reddit someone posted a huge list of special requirements for growing poppy and how they need specific soil etc etc - basically killed my my buzz on my little experimental hydroponic closet grow...Not sure where to take it from here or if I even want to continue. They might be stunted according to the post. Not sure what to do...All but one are hydroponically grown... They made it this far and I hate to give up and trash them now...but also can't transplant at this point....going to brainstorm and figure out if I want to continue I guess. Sleep on it.

As someone who has grown most of the illegal plants on earth, be very, very careful if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA, lucky you, because chances are none of this applies, and you can skip the next paragraph, but I'd check anyway

If the law feels like fucking you, it doesn't matter the amount, you're "manufacturing heroin/opiates", and if they weigh the entire wet plant like dicks, which they will, they'll be accusing you of manufacturing an ounce of heroin over a handful of pods. Unless you're really confident with your technical abilities to maintain complete anonymity online, I'd highly suggest waiting to post until it's over/you are clear and clean. If it puts it into perspective at all, even the weed growing forums I used to frequent had a unwritten "no poppy talk" rule, because even guys congregating to show off their massive illegal grow operations online found that to be too risky.

Sorry to be a mom. On to the advice: you should cull smaller plants asap- the smaller ones in the tub should go, leaving only the 2 biggest. Each plant needs at least 9"x9", ideally more like a square foot. As hard as it is to kill poppies, thinning them out is crucial.

The one in the bucket looks perfect. If you are using tap water, I'd check the quality(PPM/pH, etc), looks like it may be a little harsh (lower leaves on far right plant look a tad burnt) Could also just be nutrients. Looks mild. Beautiful overall, I'm sure you'll get a decent yield. Hope you can raise those t5s quite a bit, because those pods could be anywhere from 2-4' tall. Or, if you wanna get wild, go semi-horizontal: keep the light at the same height, but move it to the side as the pods grow, so the leaf is still getting most of the light. Pod doesn't need much light.

I'm an amateur, but as far as lancing, I always had an easier time poking rather than the traditional slicing. Especially on the uneven surface, I found it hard to maintain the precise depth through the whole cut, but i only tried with flat blades before giving up, so maybe the traditional curved blade is the key there, idk
Just got around to checking these posts. I appreciate the info as well as the heads up/warning. I've been assuming they wouldn't be interested in my (likely stunted/ failed) grow...I live on a popular western -most state (not by choice now and plan on moving back home) which is so occupied with homelessness and crime AND the very liberal catch and release policy I would hope they wouldn't put any energy into me....I've always heard too that when outside, a lot of people wouldn't even recognize a fully developed plant and that it was kind of a gray area and as long as there was no scoring marks or obvious large scale fields with manufacturing going on it was (kinda ) safe....some homes around def have some pop up but nothing huge and they made it to bloom so maybe they don't recognize or care....

Either way , I get what you're saying though. Def. Trying to limit damning details etc

Yea I don’t think they give two fucks about some dude growing 5-6 poppy plants. Also please do not trash this grow based on someone from Reddits “expertise.” That place is a haven for misinformation. I can tell you now, growing poppies is not that special. They do it in some of the most inhospitable places on earth..

-GC