• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Indonesian prosecutors want 12 year sentence for Australian man arrested for smoking

^ From what I've read Thailand is still very strict on drugs, and yeah you can bribe your way out lot of the time there apparently, as you can in Indo, that's not always going to work. The best idea is to not use illegal drugs when you are in those places.

I loved it in Bali when I went in my late teens and early 20's, the magic mushrooms were insanely strong, but such an amazing trip. Something i'll never forget. When we had them there they were legal, we bought and consumed them in a restaurant/cafe.

Is there any way Foreign countries can ever have ANY impact or control over the laws of countries with archaic penalties like Indonesia and Malaysia?

Shouldn't the U.N. have SOME kind of say when people's lives are at stake over such petty shit??

I've never been to either of those 2 but after seeing Return to Paradise and hearing about what these countries do to people who smoke a little weed or hash I HATE Malaysia and Indonesia with a passion.

I also heard that something like 40% of Malaysians think suicide bombers are justified.

Fucking retarded freaks living in the medieval ages with their idea of reality.

^ From what I've read Thailand is still very strict on drugs, and yeah you can bribe your way out lot of the time there apparently, as you can in Indo, that's not always going to work. The best idea is to not use illegal drugs when you are in those places.

I loved it in Bali when I went in my late teens and early 20's, the magic mushrooms were insanely strong, but such an amazing trip. Something i'll never forget. When we had them there they were legal, we bought and consumed them in a restaurant/cafe.

That's insane.

What reasoning did they have for Shrooms being legal while they were hanging people for weed?

The End of the Mushroom Kinds of Magic

Bali is indeed known for some pretty awesome kinds of magic it has. And while that’s all amazing, many tourists who have visited the island also couldn’t help but wonder about the whole other magic- related phenomenon which has been going on forever. It’s the magic mushrooms phenomenon!

As most of us have noticed by now, Indonesia has very tough anti narcotics laws.There are many cases where the punishments sound pretty harsh compared to crime. For those who come from countries where such violations can be fixed by paying a fine, this will sound rather unbelievable. Here in Indonesia, possession of a single joint can get you to do a couple years of prison time. Of course we can talk about this issue and contemplate about how it all sounds a bit harsh, but that’s where the Indonesian law stands. That’s why we keep on reminding the newcomers as well as tourists on the island to keep themselves out of trouble.

Considering how strict the narcotic law generally is, we find it completely understandable that every now and again tourists on the island seem to be pretty surprised and puzzled by the scenes where “magic mushrooms” are sold freely and openly in various areas, especially around Kuta. The sign boards are made very obvious, involving puns and images, stating catchy slogans such as “Ticket to the Moon”, “Trip to the Moon” and others with the similar message.

No doubt, this psychedelic mushroom does contain narcotic substances. The kind of high it causes is pretty serious making it no wonder that people have always kind of questioned why this organic substance was not treated as an illegal product, while marijuana has been illegal ever since the 60s. Was it because it simply because “cow feces mushroom” was not specified in the existing drug law? Or did everyone just look the other way and let that one slide for whatever reason? Well, whatever the reason was, it is no longer the case.

The age of tolerance for this particular matter is now officially over. Magic mushroom is now officially recognized as an illegal product. The Bali Police have worked on a socialization program through banners which specifically state that anyone possessing, storing, controlling, providing, selling or buying mushroom produced from cow feces is punishable with a sentence of 4 – 20 years imprisonment, based on article 111 / 114 of Indonesian Law Number 35, year 2009 regarding narcotics.

In this banner, the Bali Police has also included the information that these mushrooms contained psilosina or else psilosibina which are both listed in the category of type 1 narcotics, each listed on number 46 and 47 as stated in the narcotic law as mentioned before. These banners are placed on high profile areas and by the sides of the busiest main roads, effectively ending the convenient gray area on the matter.

So, no more shrooming in Bali, people! Enjoy the real kind of magic that the island has to offer you and stay out of trouble!

Taken from -

http://www.baliradio.net/detail-news/the-end-of-the-mushroom-kinds-of-magic-105.php

There was this guy in Kerobokan who had a garden patch there where they one day just started to grow.. :)
Strangely inside they have every type of drugs available...

Australian man out of Bali jail for smoking joint

c35d1f2d3c7c0f4bae8609f794f6bb45

AN Australian who was behind bars in Bali for a year after sharing a marijuana joint on the beach has been freed from prison.

Townsville’s Nicholas Langan, 25, was initially charged with drug possession, which carries a maximum 12 years’ jail, after the arrest at Canggu in January last year.

Kerobokan Jail official Wayan Sutresna said Langan was released 15 days early after receiving a remission on Christmas for good behaviour.

“Nicholas have shown good behaviour during in prison. He active in many prison activities,” Mr Sutresna said.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/a...t/news-story/3b4bdaaab2c9571115cb07c5ebbbae0e

Thank goodness he finally got out.
I bet he won't be returning to Indonesia any time soon.

This type of article will be in history textbooks in the future, as students marvel that we imprisoned people for having or using a plant.
Just as we now look at stories of slavery and are horrified that anyone could have ever thought that it was acceptable.