Indicator's of a struggling student ...

Chaos Butterfly said:
Your postcount increases at a phenomenal rate and you aren't planning on slowing down anytime soon...

lol bingo...

My problem was scheduling.. those are the times i'd truly struggle..

when you know you're not a morning person, but you schedule all your classes for 7:00AM, and end up sleeping through the majority of them in their entirity...

Chaos Butterfly said:
Your postcount increases at a phenomenal rate and you aren't planning on slowing down anytime soon...

lol... rookie :p last semester gained me 2k posts, it is awful though, I can tell how stressed I am about study by how much I post on here, the higher the postcount, the more I'm procrastinating, the less I like the subject and the less prepared for assessment I am, the more stressed I get, the more I post. It's a trap, I tell you :(

DigitalDuality said:

when you know you're not a morning person, but you schedule all your classes for 7:00AM, and end up sleeping through the majority of them in their entirity...

I really feel you DD. I slept through most of my 10am lectures this semester!

^^huh!^^this got to be such a problem that i limit my self to 11:45 classes only, and sleep through those sometimes!!

PsychoKitten said:
lol... rookie :p last semester gained me 2k posts, it is awful though, I can tell how stressed I am about study by how much I post on here, the higher the postcount, the more I'm procrastinating, the less I like the subject and the less prepared for assessment I am, the more stressed I get, the more I post. It's a trap, I tell you :(

meh :) I just don't have your ability to spin absolute crap for posts and posts on end ;)

Jimmy the Gun said:
^^huh!^^this got to be such a problem that i limit my self to 11:45 classes only, and sleep through those sometimes!!

i had a 1:00 pm class on monday-wednesday-fridays...intenationol business econnomics, a pretty easy class compared to my finance courses. since it was my only class on those days, i'd often end up being 15 minutes late, or sleeping in until 12:30 and waking up only long enough to say 'fuck it' and pass back out until 2. a pretty sad way to go through a term...

[edit] whoops meant for Chaos Butterfly...

Sadly the posts from that time were actually quality :\ Procrastination is a fine art. :p

Mind you, it was whilst I was setting up Best of Bluelight and The Shrine, so there was a load of posts there haha two of my favourite things I've done on bluelight were done whilst avoiding study. LOL so was getting this forum :p I get a forum about study so I can procrastinate about study... a fine art, I tell you! =D

PsychoKitten said:
[edit] whoops meant for Chaos Butterfly...

Sadly the posts from that time were actually quality :\ Procrastination is a fine art. :p

Mind you, it was whilst I was setting up Best of Bluelight and The Shrine, so there was a load of posts there haha two of my favourite things I've done on bluelight were done whilst avoiding study. LOL so was getting this forum :p I get a forum about study so I can procrastinate about study... a fine art, I tell you! =D

Yeah yeah, I know... quality all the way... at least most of the way :)

Procrastination is definitely your friend... at least for a while, and meh, don't worry about the irony... it can't hurt you ;)

Hmm ... maybe my 3000+ posts in the last 6 months is the cause of my woeful performance thus far, this semester.

diegoblunt said:
  • You open your textbook and realise you don't know what chapter the class is up to.
  • You proudly hand in your tutorial homework on time, but it turns out you did last weeks questions.
  • It's the half-way break of your two hour lecture and you never return after ducking out to drop off a quarter-pound of coke.
  • While your friends are studying ... you are on Bluelight.
Your turn :)

soooo me!

DigitalDuality said:

i dunno why i do this EVERY semester...i schedule em all early 3 days a week, and then i manage to go out the night before and get too drunk and home too late to get up for class. I use my '3' sick excused absences to sleep in and then some...lol

When fear of failure of a subject - that is, knowing that you will have to repeat the subject the following year or semester doesn't scare you into studying for a test that you have to re-sit after only getting 40% on it.
Negative reinforcement used to work wonders for me! What happened? 8) .

At the final, the prof says "what's your name? Are you sure you're in this class?" (Based on a true story. :()

...when you go to review your lecture notes and realise that you didn't actually write anything for the whole semester, and your notebook is filled with conversations with the person sitting next to you, games of hangman, noughts and crosses, and random pictures... hmm....

i often overslept for my 4:30 pm MW english class.

of course... i've also failed out of two major universitys.

You open the exam paper and while reading through the questions think "I know what that word means, but it makes no sense in that sentence" and "I went to every lecture and don't remember this topic at all!"

Thats why I didn't answer any Pure questions in my exams, it was all gibberish to me! God bless our non-linear marking scheme where someone can get a 2-1 or even a 1st without knowing 60% of the course %)

Doens't that kind of make it obvious who did it, or at least narrow down the list of suspects considerably ;)