• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Indatraline - potent reuptrake inhibitor of dopamine?

oh my, i wouldnt want anything like this in close proximity to me thats for sure
The only difference is the cyclohexane is exchanged for a cyclopentane. Now with monoamine ligands that can make all the difference in the world, just a slight angle change, don't get me wrong. You can't know until you see binding assays of them in comparison.

For instance, the difference between active cocaine and an inactive metabolite is one methylene carbon bond (and it's adjoining hydrogens as with anything), one such change is very often the difference between activity and inactivity…

…and this slightly altered angle of the arene coming off of that differing ring system would undoubtedly have another affinity altogether for MAT.

The only difference is the cyclohexane is exchanged for a cyclopentane. Now with monoamine ligands that can make all the difference in the world, just a slight angle change, don't get me wrong. You can't know until you see binding assays of them in comparison.

For instance, the difference between active cocaine and an inactive metabolite is one methylene carbon bond (and it's adjoining hydrogens as with anything), one such change is very often the difference between activity and inactivity…

…and this slightly altered angle of the arene coming off of that differing ring system would undoubtedly have another affinity altogether for MAT.
Can you recommend some books for someone who wants to learn more about drug binding and how the compound structure can change such dynamics.
Thanks.

Can you recommend some books for someone who wants to learn more about drug binding and how the compound structure can change such dynamics.
Thanks.
What I know personally has been self-taught via papers that can all be found online.

I studied S. Singh's 1999 paper of cocaine analogs with very minimal knowledge, gleaning enough to make the List Of Cocaine Analogues (Wikipedia Article) as well as the list of methylphenidates and adding a good portion of the list of phenyltropanes which was made by inspiration from the cocaine analog list, among other analog sections in articles. I learned enough for basic naming conventions and that binding relationships are not really known until there are actual in vivo tests (even in vitro experiments have surprising different results from binding at times, especially with certain types of receptors with which they do not work at all)

So wanting to know of differences in binding, regardless of how close the structure is, it's imperative to have actual live studies of the specific analog or exact molecule to know much; this is why reading paper after paper, and a lot of times *just wishing* there were a study, is such a major factor.

Perhaps someone like sekio has some good books to recommend, I personally don't own one of chemistry (my book collection, which I haven't had access to in years - stored at a relatives - is mostly full of rare philosophy, some are even in Italian, I have an exhaustive selection of English translations of the Italian Idealist school of metaphysics)

ok this stuff is legal, easy to order online and im curious as to why nobody is experimenting with it already so i can get a report!? well, i guess i might go for it myself. but seriously, im surprised nobody has tried it yet to document

Hi, if you have any information about this compound, please write it. It's could be close to cocaine?

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/±-mcn-5652-jnj-7925476-a-potent-scaffold-for-a-triple-reuptake-inhibitor-extensive-qsar-allows-almost-any-dat-net-sert-ratio.916251/

I have dealt with the QSAR of this class in some detail. Curiosities, because their practical manufacture is beyond most custom synthesis companies. I did, however, note that the synthetically much simpler diclofensine/nomifensince scaffold shared monoamine reuptake bias with this class.

In fact I believe that someone here once ordered nomifensine from a fine chemical company and produced a trip report. I cannot quite remember where and it's a good 10 years ago, but it's very interesting.