• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Incursion of Another Dimension

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I want to open up a topic for discussion. I had an interesting experience the other day. I've had it before but yesterday was the first time I was able to recognize it happening for what it was. I call it "Incursion of another dimension." Have you ever flipped a switch to another dimension? It was as if for about 2 hours the world I was living in was shined with a completely different light. I asked people questions and they answered totally different questions, even though they repeated the question correctly. Time stopped for a few moments. The articles I was reading online were beyond random (I know they're random to start with, but this was really weird). It was as if I was looking at the same symbols I always did but perceiving an entirely different meaning. I had my foot in two realities simultaneously. First question people will ask is: were you high? Yes, I had some pot to smoke, but nothing unusual there. Second question, are you mentally ill? I've had my bouts with depression and shyness but am otherwise a rather sane person. You BL'ers know more about me than my family does when it comes to this side of me. So now that we've gotten that out of the way, have others experienced this and if so what have you found helpful in navigating such a state? I've come down since then and symbols have acquired their usual meaning to me, i.e consensual reality but I still have a distinct memory of the other side.

It sounds like an ECCO operation. Maybe you have been selected for recruitement. Ask tantric for more information. He posts in here sometimes.

I've had occasions where I'll be looking at words, usually around four letter words, and not be able to decipher what it says. Like I see letters but the meaning is just gone. That's as close as I can relate to your experience. Once had it with the word 'who'. Not being high and getting stumped by a three letter word is both embarrassing and hilarious :D

there was an operative word involved, I meditated on it's meaning, but it only opened the door.

I'll find out soon, so thanks for your ears. Many blessings all. Love and respect

Update: sorry to be so vague and to double post. This was supposed to be a discussion but my needs were pressing. Yesterday was one of the most intense days of my life. Probably more intense than the experience I described. I spent the remainder of the day calling up anyone who could talk and explaining to them all the things I had done to harm them. Wasn't easy and people generally don't like being asked for forgiveness: either they accept it too easily without hearing what you are saying or they want a long list of examples that they then pick apart. My heart has never been that heavy but is lighter now. The fate of my soul seemed to depend on it as deluded as that sounds. I've been casually mentioning the central role of perception in our existence and how learning to navigate and heal its illusions holistically is the direct path toward realization. When perception is split between two realities (what I now call an incursion of higher dimensions) it poses a unique challenge. Forgiveness is the ultimate healer of illusions. Forgiveness rests in the hands of God not between people, though we honor this by consciously engaging in the process with a commitment towards truth. As ugly as the reality of forgiveness can be, it is ultimately beautiful and mysterious and I'm grateful I took the step and got to experience something so perception-bending as to reinvigorate my commitment towards truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had occasions where I'll be looking at words, usually around four letter words, and not be able to decipher what it says. Like I see letters but the meaning is just gone. That's as close as I can relate to your experience. Once had it with the word 'who'. Not being high and getting stumped by a three letter word is both embarrassing and hilarious :D

I've always noticed that, especially as a kid... if I stare at and pronounce (out loud or in my head) a word enough times, it loses all sense to me... I did it with "see" once, just staring at it and pronouncing it, it was like, what the fuck is this word? Not that that's the same thing as this thread's topic, I just wanted to reply since I totally know what you mean. :)

OP, I've experienced what you're talking about. I think it has to do with the increased neuroplasticity that drugs can cause, combined with dissociation of understood meaning.

Learning to read becomes so automatic that we take for granted it took repetitive training for us to look at a word and derive an instant meaning from it. I believe that mind altering substances have the ability to break this association, usually temporarily. It's also why I find reading really difficult on psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms. Aside from difficulty focusing, it's difficult to compile sentence meaning even after reading the same thing over and over. Writing is the same... ever tried writing while on a psychedelic? For most people it's really hard.

I've also experienced this while dreaming. In the dream, I'll try reading a sentence, but with each word I read, I forget the word that came before it. I also look at words and don't understand them at all. When we dream, many areas of the brain go dormant, including aspects of the language centre. Have you ever had a dream where people are talking to you, but their mouths aren't moving? Or it seems like you're talking telepathically? It's because your associative mind that would combine lip movement with language can't generate the image anymore.

I think drugs fuck with our associative centres in this way, especially as it concerns language.

I'll find out soon, so thanks for your ears. Many blessings all. Love and respect

Update: sorry to be so vague and to double post. This was supposed to be a discussion but my needs were pressing. Yesterday was one of the most intense days of my life. Probably more intense than the experience I described. I spent the remainder of the day calling up anyone who could talk and explaining to them all the things I had done to harm them. Wasn't easy and people generally don't like being asked for forgiveness: either they accept it too easily without hearing what you are saying or they want a long list of examples that they then pick apart. My heart has never been that heavy but is lighter now. The fate of my soul seemed to depend on it as deluded as that sounds. I've been casually mentioning the central role of perception in our existence and how learning to navigate and heal its illusions holistically is the direct path toward realization. When perception is split between two realities (what I now call an incursion of higher dimensions) it poses a unique challenge. Forgiveness is the ultimate healer of illusions. Forgiveness rests in the hands of God not between people, though we honor this by consciously engaging in the process with a commitment towards truth. As ugly as the reality of forgiveness can be, it is ultimately beautiful and mysterious and I'm grateful I took the step and got to experience something so perception-bending as to reinvigorate my commitment towards truth.

beautiful!!!

honestly, I change of dimension every day with mindfulness and meditation and we all do, it simply happens so fast that just we dont realize it.

anyone I know who have truly meditated the first time always say how they feel they have entered a new way of perception, a new reality/dimension of experience. It truly feels as if im entering another dimension of consciousness when I'm concentrated in meditation.

every step, from mindfulness of thoughts, to mindfulness of body to access concentration to deep concentration feels like different level of reality, in where we go, more subtly each step, more and more, into different layers of perception.
calmer and calmer, deeper and deeper... until... I think again and talk to myself and have to go back to mindfulness of thoughts, then body, the access concentration, then deep concentration.

I dont believe theres actually ''dimensions''', everything is happening now, at the same place, but you dont have access to all that is happening with your senses.
You can literally change the way you perceive reality which totally change and transform your consciousness of ''said'' ''reality'' with mindfulness.

Last edited:
thanks Murphy, I was hesitant to share any of this because I wasn't sure the experience was benign. Turns out it was just what I needed. The operative word was "We." Once I got a taste of that word it took on a life of its own and thrust me into the experience I briefly described. When I came down that word became "Together." Instead of opening my heart what followed was that my heart ached then turned to stone and I spent the next day addressing that. This isn't to say that meditating on the word "We" will have that effect for people or that it is a particularly powerful mantra, but people have been saying it for millenia "before the word is an experience of the word" and my experience of that word was that I was confusing "me" with "we."