• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Incremental increase of Naltrexone from ultra-low dose

ownstrength

Bluelighter
Friends, Bluelighters, Countrymen, lend me your eyes. I come to bury the addiction, not increase it.

Jokes aside, I am trying to detox off suboxone, buprenorphine. I am around a 0.5mg daily tolerance down from 4mg but the last jump is turning out to be incredibly painful, worse than my previous hard drug withdrawals.

I've been taking Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone as it is believed to reduce the buildup of tolerance.

And so this potential great thought dawned on me: so there is the Bernese method of incremental bupe induction to circumvent precipitated withdrawal.

Could the same be done with Naltrexone? If I incrementally increase my dose by a little each day, might I not be able to block the addiction without severe withdrawal?

it is a possibility. It would be one for science, uncharted territory. I would add black seed oil to the process and give it a shot - worst case scenario you edge into nalt withdrawal territory and cut it out.

it is a possibility. It would be one for science, uncharted territory. I would add black seed oil to the process and give it a shot - worst case scenario you edge into nalt withdrawal territory and cut it out.
One for science indeed. I'll see how it goes. Not sure if I'll have the patience to increase slowly as I'm getting desperate to get my abstinence back and am doing what I can outside of residential treatment to get back to baseline where there is no longer great discomfort when taking zero intoxicants.

Thank you!