• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Increased heart rate?- Percocet and hydrocodone vs transdermal Fentanyl

Julianspinefusion

Greenlighter
so I normally take 6 Percocet and about 5 hydrocodone within a day and they do absolutely nothing for me (I take them for pain).
I just stuck on a fentanyl 25mcg 72 hour release for the first time (2 hours ago) and my hearts racing. Is this typical? Or maybe this is affect because I’ve never used fentanyl? It’s such a low dose that I wouldn’t expect this. I just had to take Xanax to bring it down a little as I Almost peeled it off but I am very curious to see what happens when it (supposedly) peaks in 12-24 hours (in the way of pain relief) as I dont think I get high off opiates anymore .... well, unless I push the limits to what I think might be safe ...but I can’t do that because my ex decided to be the junky first, so I have to keep a decent head on my shoulders

Have you any other symptoms? What does your skin around the patch look like? Have you taken any other drugs within the last 24 hours?

Just to say also, you should never mix Xanax and fentanyl. Ever. I’m advising you to take the patch off.

It's possible that you're allergic to fentanyl or maybe you skipped your hydro/oxy and the fent isn't holding you so you are going into withdrawals. I'd suggest you find out if you aren't having an allergic reaction before you test the latter of those two.

Definitely be careful with fentanyl and benzos, especially if you haven't taken fentanyl before.