Inconsistent Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladycat

Greenlighter
R

female
~60kg
Recent History: 4 acid trips over summer; Ecstasy pill 2 months ago; 3 lines of coke 1 month ago. Habitual cannabis smoker.
Food that Day: hot cross bun; lasagne; samosa; half a quiche.

L

male
~80kg
Recent History: 3 acid trips over summer; Ecstasy pill, 1.5g Mephedrone 2 months ago. 0.8g coke 1 month ago. Occasional cannabis smoker.
Food that day: lasagne; popcorn, McDonalds wrap; half a quiche.

Last night R and L bought a gram of MDMA and went to a psytrance party. We had been given a new number by a mutual friend after all 3 of our numbers had fallen through. R felt uncomfortable when meeting him but couldn't say why. However, they were pleased with the amount and quality of the MD, it was about 50:50 powder to crystals. After crushing the crystals, they divided it up (eyeballed it...) to have 2x125mg bombs each.

About half an hour after swallowing the first, L reports that he's begun to buzz. He's noticably more talkative. R is feeling good, but nothing too special. After more dancing, having been mildly unimpressed by the strength of the buzz, they take the second; an hour and a half after the first.

L comes up really hard, reporting “my body feels like its continually orgasming”. R reports a distinct lack of euphoria, however both are dancing with wild enthusiasm.

R would hazard a guess that that three hours passed. R and L found themselves in the “chilled” room dancing to a DJ set by land switcher. L had resisted moving further into the throng of people and now expressed a desire to go outside, reporting feelings of claustrophobia and general unease.

They visited the smoking area, but soon felt the cold and instead sat away-ish from the crowd inside. R notices that L (who fidgets when sober...), is relatively still compared to her own jittery legs. After a brief interlude, despite still feeling negative, L agrees to keep on dancing.

Four and a half hours after the first bomb and finally tired/bored of dancing, R and L exited the club. Still buzzed enough to merit walking for a while, they began the trek. Their conversations were passionate but of a depressive nature.

Twenty minutes later, they stop off to buy drinks. R sparks a spliff and it is passed to and fro as the walk resumes. At first the smoke eases their dark thoughts and relaxes their minds, a feeling comparable to giving ones brain a warm bath.

Too late, R realises that the spliff has caused her to buzz. She is bouncy and talkative, driving the conversation forwards. They walk for a little further in an attempt to rid her of the excess energy, before catching the bus the rest of the way.

Eight hours after the original dose, L reports that he is emotionally and physically exhausted and crashes soon after getting back. R is drained of energy but her mind (though slightly stoned) is still in working order.

The experience they had with MDMA was entirely different to the one that they had had on E. On the pills, they felt euphoric, uninhibited and bursting with excess energy. The MD had produced inconsistent results. L sharply spiked after both doses, with the second leaving him with negative vibes. On the other hand, R describes a creeping background buzz, similar to coke, throughout the night.

As is clear from the descriptions, L and R do not use often, they just like to experiment from time to time. According to Erowid, they bombed supposedly a large active dose each.

Why did they have such different experiences?
Was that just MD? If not, what could it have been cut with?
Why, when he has the greater mass, did it effect L more?

Welcome to bluelight :)

I am going to assume the MDMA you bought was not MDMA and rather something else and you did not do a reagent test on it?

We can't do substance speculation, but it doesn't sound like MDMA to me.

Get a scale to measure out your doses next time also.

This is all speculation of course.

You said your previous experiences were with pills. Were these tested to contain only MDMA ?

I'd venture a guess and say your past experiences were (supposedly MDMA) with amphetamines, giving energy. Especially when you don't use that often, the difference might be unclear.
First time I did 125mg amphetamines (not so experienced back then), I would definetly have called that experience "rolling".
Pure MDMA is another experience, IMO. And if you're "hoping" for that energetic push that comes from amphetamines but in your mind is inherent to MDMA, it might lead to a diminished experience.

I have never used mephedrone but if it's similar to MDMA 2months *might* not have been enough for serotonin to rebuild, hence giving L more exhaustion. Also 1.5gr seems a bit over the top ? Again, don't really know as I haven't tried it.

None of the substances we have tried were tested for anything, we have had to trust friends and numbers entirely, whilst eyeballing the quantity every time. I appreciate the need to get scales. The pills we acquired from a friend (light blue with a star printed on, in case you are familiar...) and we 3 half pill doses each across the night.

L admits that he overindulged in mephedrone that night and the day after was a deserving depressive wreck. However, surely the lack of serotonin caused by this would have just caused the overall effect of our substance to diminish? Why would he feel so awesome one minute and awful the next?

From the sounds of it, MD had a more subtle effect on me than I had hoped, or like MrSpeedyG suggests it wasn't even MD at all. I understand now the importance of a testing kit... Half a gram remains, so can anyone recommend a good kit?

Sorry, no "what did I take threads" on Bluelight. Get a test kit from DanceSafe and always test your stuff. There are so many chemicals that can be used that its impossible to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.