• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe In your opinion, do Suboxone tablets taste better than Suboxone films? Or are the tablets worse?

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I'm switching from the films to the tablets because I cannot fucking stand the taste of the films. Everyday, I dread taking my dose so I always wait as long as I can before I take my dose. I'm hoping the tablets are at least a tiny bit more palatable than the films. I'm going to find out a little later tonight but I was curious what others thought.

Also, do the tablets feel comparable to the films in terms of staying out of withdrawal?

Last thing, did you notice a difference between the two in terms of cravings?

The film took my cravings completely away the first month then after that, they came back and have stayed ever since. Raising my dose did nothing for this.
I doubt there will be a difference but did you notice a reduction in cravings when you switched from films to tablets?

Thank you in advance.

I actually prefer the films. No accounting for taste, I guess. I've heard that the films absorb slightly better but I don't know if that is true.

both taste pretty much the same, the only difference is that the sub pills take longer to dissolve than the films, so the taste is in your mouth for longer. the taste started making me sick so i switched over to zubsolv, my insurance company didn’t want to cover it so my clinic called them right after the switch and all they have to do is tell the company is you hate the taste/taste makes you sick and boom, insurance covers it.

also, in my personal experience both films and tabs are pretty much the same in terms of cravings and all that. zubsolv is the better version of bupe imo, the taste is a minty sweet taste instead of that nasty orangey chemical taste. zubsolv was also formulated for higher bioavailability/muuuuch better absorption, so instead of the standard 8mg/tab for a sub it’s 5.7mg/tab. it also in my opinion dissolves faster than sub films or tabs.

zubsolv is interesting because it definitely does absorb differently as evidenced by the doses
yep, i completely agree. after getting on zubsolv, i feel zeeeero cravings. i still had some on both forms of suboxone and i feel like i also get the nice buzz effect again from zubsolv, which i hadn’t gotten back from regular suboxone after the first week or so of being on it. despite the extra mg of bupe in suboxone to compensate for the absorption issue, i feel like zubsolv still effects me more and feels stronger in a way.