• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc In what order should I take my drugs? [Benzos & Opioids]

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

In your opinion what order would u take Opioids and Benzos? I'm prescribed Oxycodone and I've got a high tolerence and I'm not prescribed Clonazepam and I've got a high tolerence. I'm planning on taking 60mg Oxycodone IR and 8mg Clonazepam, which one would you take first and how long would you wait till u take the next drug? Normally I just co-administer them but I'm wondering whether theres a better way to do it?

Benzo's kick in a little faster than opioids so I find taking the opioid about 20 minutes before the benzo works best for me for them to synergise. That is if you're taking them both orally.

Hey I was actually wondering about this combo myself so if somebody can chime in then I would really appreciate it.

I get 30mg Roxy from my dealer along with .5 xanax, and was tripping about this combo because I recently found one of my friends unconcious near death from an od from mixing these two.

I am aware of mixing the 2 is dangerous and can be fatal, but don't know the interval between taking the drugs and everything in between. I am prescribed 10mg valium but rarely take it. I take 30mg oxy daily for degenerative disk disease (recovering from a lumbar spinal fusion) and try to keep my doses every 12 hours.

My question is can you take the two together given my moderate oxy tolerance and low benzo tolerance. If not, what is the general guidelines when it comes to these drugs.

I'm sorry for the beginner questions, but seeing my friend almost die has really shaken me. Also, I'm sorry to evo4ever for barging in on your thread, but it seemed like a good spot to kill two birds with one stone.

Ps, I have asthma so don't know if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Don't mix them! I saw your message and I've been trying to find my old post to copy it here - but it seems to have disappeared. What it was about was a time back in 2017 when I'd take 5mg oxy (after Reconstructive Ankle surgery) and 12 hours later taken .5mg xanax (half a mg) I went into hypoxia, my blood pressure dropped so low that oxygen stopped flowing to my brain. I was in the ICU for 6 days and in Neuro-Rehab for 3 weeks - I lost 60% of my hearing, my liver and kidney function tanked (I almost needed a transplant and because I was unconscious to let them know what had happened, my mom was scrambling trying to confirm to them I hadn't OD'd as I wouldn't qualify.) And I have a mild Traumatic Brain Injury that affects my short term memory. (I'll be in the middle of talking and I'll suddenly forget the next word I need to say - which is particularly devastating as I was a Journalist in San Francisco and without being able to hear properly I ended up having to leave my job.) I got hearing aids (6 months after the hypoxic injury) but it took over a year to really get used to them. I was a hand drummer and it took even longer to get used to hearing music again - which is the most dramatic loss as music is the closest thing I have to a religion and it took quite a while for it to sound like anything other than a cacophony of loud sound just all pushed together. So the general guideline is DON'T MIX THE TWO.

The half-life of oxy is generally about 20 hours but even that is not the same every time. It depends on your personal metabolism, the health of your own kidneys and liver and the half-life of any other meds you might take.

The only thing good that came out of this whole thing was that I finally detoxed off xanax - something I'd been trying to do for 7 years without seizures. I'd had the ankle injury for 3 years because I was constantly trying to detox and I wasn't able to find a place that would help me detox because I was in a wheelchair. It was an endless vicious circle.

I've mixed opioids and benzos for years with no ill effects. It's all about knowing your tolerance and basic common sense. I can co-adminster 60mg Oxycodone IR and 10mg Clonazepam and its one of the most enjoyable drug combos I've ever taken. I can only take doses like that becuase I have a high tolerance. It would probably be lethal to someone with no tolerance to either drug.

Im prescribed Oxycodone 30mg 4x a day (120mg daily) for Neuropathy and Pregabalin 100mg 3x a day (300mg daily). I get my Clonazepam off a friend and I only use it 2-3 times a week becuase of its long half life.

I don't get it. Why does it matter what order you take them in? If you're just inquiring as to how to get the most fucked up off of a given combination, that's not really the type of thing we like to handle. Also, I'm a little bit concerned, as the dosages that you are mentioning would be considered massive by most casual users. I'm pretty confident that 10mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) and 60mg Oxycodone would kill a naive user. I'm just not sure exactly where your theme of "using common sense" comes into play ;)

When we see cases of accidental overdose with polysubstance users in similar scenarios, this would be a more or less textbook case of how death might occur. When people build their tolerance up and are taking such massive doses, the predictability of how the drugs will effect you disappears. This is definitely playing with fire and I'm not sure that there is a great way of advising someone in such a situation.

If you know your tolerance and you think you can handle it, that is totally your journey. I just feel that this isn't something that can be condoned without serious trepidation.

I'm with you on this Kief, this is not harm reduction at its finest.

We all know that a dependence to CNS depressants causes a ridiculous cross tolerance to all. The order in which you take them is largely irrelevant- you'll still get fucked up.

Then you might die...

So I'm kind of confused on this topic. I'm well aware of mixing the two can lead to potentially lethal consequences. I've heard mixed responses on how long you should wait between them, and some people say regardless of someone's tolerance you shouldnt mix them, which I tend to agree with, but I'm not a md or anything

I take 30mg oxy usually twice a day for my chronic back pain which is not scripted. I've been to multiple PM doctors and all they will do for me is prescribe antidepressants, which I refuse to take again, even though i just had a two level spinal fusion a couple months ago. I definitely feel like I'm getting profiled because of my age, but obviously they will never admit it. I am prescribed 10mg valiums and get xanax off the street.

I just want to know what is a safe way to handle these drugs. For the sake of harm reduction, I just want to know the intervals I should leave between them. Also, since the valium has a long half life should I be more cautious when i take the diazepam?

I took my oxy at 7:30 this morning and it's now 12:30, so would it be ok to take 1mg of xanax than, take my next oxy dose at maybe 6 or 7 tonight? I'm not a troll or anything and im just trying to be careful so I apologize if this is repetitive or anything, but this is a harm reduction site.

Thanks,
Trev

Okay Trev, I think I understand a little bit more about what you're trying to do. Serious FYI her my man: you mentioned using up to 10mg Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) and I believe you actually were referring to Diazepam (Valium). Am I correct? Clonazepam is 20 times the potency of Diazepam, so that's definitely something you need to get straight in order to be safe! No harm done. We just want you to be okay bro.

The main takeaway that you need my friend, is that when you are using these drugs, you're not likely to be able to find "windows" in between the effects of each of these drugs in which it's definitvely safe. You take Oxycodone every day, so you should pretty much consider yourself to be more or less under the influence of Opioids as standard. With this in mind, you then can decide the proper dosage of Benzodiazepine.

Both Clonazepam and Diazepam would be considered long(er)-acting than say, Alprazolam (Xanax). This further contributes to this idea that you are not really ever going to be completely free from the influence of either the Opioids or the Benzodiazepines. I see in your latest post that you mention Alprazolam specifically, but I still feel that you would do best to kind of adopt what I'm telling you and move forward with caution.

We definitely don't think you're a troll and we definitely don't have any issues with the questions you have man. We all know that humans are meant to communicate on a full-spectrum of emotions and text often doesn't get someone's full point/intent across clearly. It sounded at first like you were on a mission to get fucked up and upon clarification, I think we can all see that you're just concerned about your safety!

No worries Trev. Hit us up anytime.

Hey man thanks for the response. I think you may have got me mixed up with another poster. I'm prescribed 10mg valium and get xanax off the street, but am not taking clonazepam at the moment. I used to be scripted klonopin, but switched to valium.

Anyways, so what you're saying is considering my circumstances, I can never really take the benzos and be truly safe since the opioids are a necessity in regards to my quality of life, correct? Basically from what i got from your post is just tread carefully. I try to wait at least 3 hours from when I last took my oxy dose before i take xanax. I'm still kind of nervous about the valium since the half life is way longer. Also my doses are usually 20mg of valium and 1-1.5 of xanax.

I also forgot to mention that I have asthma so dont know if that increases the dangers or not.

Thanks for the help,
Trev

Jeez. You're totally right. I apologize for my sloppiness. I did indeed get you confused with someone else. You have pretty much hit the nail with that. You have to take stock of how these thins effect you and do your best to make an honest appraisal of the situation. If you're nodding out, you know you're on the wrong track. It can help to have a 3rd party give you feedback on your level of intoxication. Opioids and Benzodiazepines especially are known to cause a seriously distorted sense of your level of intoxication.

I've been nodding out plenty of times thinking that I'm totally straight and coherent. You're not truly in the club until you have a conversation with someone in which you nod out mid-sentence for ~10 full minutes only to spontaneously resume your sentence from the exact point in which you nodded out, not really even noticing anything is amiss.

Seriously though, the responsibility really falls on the user when these two classes are combined. It can be done, but as you have said, treading lightly is the name of the game here. Again, sorry for getting you mixed up dude!

Always take benzos as a last resort when it comes go mixing with opioids. I would take a kpin or xanax after the opiate buzz wears off to help with the comedown. Whenever I take benzos while high on opiates, it dulls my buzz and puts a blanket over it and totally such a waste of opiate get high time and money

Okay Trev, I think I understand a little bit more about what you're trying to do. Serious FYI her my man: you mentioned using up to 10mg Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) and I believe you actually were referring to Diazepam (Valium). Am I correct? Clonazepam is 20 times the potency of Diazepam, so that's definitely something you need to get straight in order to be safe! No harm done. We just want you to be okay bro.

The main takeaway that you need my friend, is that when you are using these drugs, you're not likely to be able to find "windows" in between the effects of each of these drugs in which it's definitvely safe. You take Oxycodone every day, so you should pretty much consider yourself to be more or less under the influence of Opioids as standard. With this in mind, you then can decide the proper dosage of Benzodiazepine.

Both Clonazepam and Diazepam would be considered long(er)-acting than say, Alprazolam (Xanax). This further contributes to this idea that you are not really ever going to be completely free from the influence of either the Opioids or the Benzodiazepines. I see in your latest post that you mention Alprazolam specifically, but I still feel that you would do best to kind of adopt what I'm telling you and move forward with caution.

We definitely don't think you're a troll and we definitely don't have any issues with the questions you have man. We all know that humans are meant to communicate on a full-spectrum of emotions and text often doesn't get someone's full point/intent across clearly. It sounded at first like you were on a mission to get fucked up and upon clarification, I think we can all see that you're just concerned about your safety!

I have a similar question, I do take Xanax for my anxiety, well generic, alprazolam. But I am always struggling to get off pain killers. I take Percocet 30s daily multiple times a day(not a full at a time at most a half) but I am more recently on Xanax and I understand mixing the 2 can be unsafe. In the day I don’t even think twice bc I will typically take about half of a bar at a time, just bc like I said I am not chasing a high from this it just keeps me from having panic attacks and honestly since I’ve been on it I’ve been able to eat normal as well. I am about to get off the Percocet actually in the next week or so and get on to suboxone in order to Ovid withdrawal. My problem is at night, I am a very anxious person and I doNOT like mixing drugs I always feel like I will fall asleep and then not wake up, now typically I don’t take it at night for that reason, knowing when I am working I’ll be up all day so I’m not to worried. And keep in mind at most right now I will take one full Xanax bar a day (2 mg) but today I have half around 1:45pm and then I took another half around 6:30pm now I am doing my nightly Percocet in to be able to fall asleep but I was actually feeling the effects from the Xanax still which makes not want to do any more Percocet which also means I will not be able to sleep. For future reference I’m curious as to what are the odds that I will OD, and is there any symptoms or something I could looks for in order to know if I have taken too much Percocet with the Xanax still in my system? Typically I won’t take Xanax that late in the day and my tolerance for oxycodone is very high but I don’t know what to do, so I mean assuming throughout the day I haven’t taken more than 1 full Xanax bar what are the odds of my paranoia that I will fall asleep and not wake up becoming a reality? Which also I should mention right now it’s 11:30pm? Like is taking my last dose before I goto bed going to be dangerous? When is the last time in the day I should be taking a benzo in order to be able to take my full Percocet dose at night and not worry? Like I said I will hopefully be off Percocet in the next week to 2 weeks but it is not an easy task to do I mean I’ve tried many many times before and I always seem to get back on it, but Xanax has significantly made my days better and much better with just my overall well being I can eat now and I am happier. But when I quit I will be on suboxone for a short amount of time until I have passed the “dope sickness” stage which typically take 1 week of suboxone and I won’t have a physical symptoms after that is how can I take Xanax and suboxone. Lastly I do take Adderall as well but when I am on Percocet (or suboxone) I don’t take it from fear of an interaction. When I am finally free and clear of opioids will I be able to safely take my dose of Xanax and adderal on a day to day basis?

Oi

Oii thats awesome to learn! I learn lil things here and dur from BL all the time, oddly its mostly from mods go figure!!! Didnt know there was a benzo 20x stronger than clonazepam! Definately gonna ask my doc for this edit fuck, im high my bad welp i alrdy have my clonazepams, lel imagine 20x stronger... man id need like 1mg to get lost into oblivion ( but i have taken 11 2mg clonazepams before) even crushed em up but thats another story.. was during my first and only bout of 'depression' but it was singlehandedly my most serene in touch with my soul ive ever been basically after it wore off, i knew everything was gonna work itself out, was during the midst of losing my home and had just lost my dog, bad times but a semi od of benzos saved me or else i wouldnt be the same person today^^

I forgot to mention/answer the OP ive found mixing RELATIVELY SAFE HOWEVER and i dont reccomend doing it unless you have a HIIIGH opiate tolerance, i have clonazepam aswell as morphine oxy and hydros.... the thought that a benzo will enhance your opi high isnt wrong heres the but... the benzo's gonna make you so sleepy by the time your opiates hit, youll get knocked the fuck out ( best scenario) and wont enjoy it cause youll be zzzing, myself w a 400mg morphine tolerance, just yesterday i had a bad day n wanted to say fyck it and go to bed took 1.5mg clonazepam and 100mg morphine w an oxy.... within 30-45min i was fast asleep, woke up 6-7hrs later feeling like id wasted my meds keeping in mind my goal was to knock out but if youre looking to ENJOY, its heavily reccomended not to mix em, genuinely no point one WILL overpower the other or the combo will just put ya out or worse... so best not to fuck with the combo, its not worth it no matter the reason take it from me, if you wana enhance and end up sleeping you waste your meds and you dont wana risk your life for a buzz, its simply not a great combo HOWEVER taking the benzo say 3-4 hrs BEFORE your opiates may be a different story, byt again youll most likely end up sleeping or worse, so final advice from exp, no matter what, its really not worth it man

Assuming you have a high tolerance, I’d take both concurrently.

You’ll enjoy your oxy high for a while and as it starts to come down, the kpin will kick in. 8mg of kpin sounds excessive.

Also, I’m assuming oral kpin and intranasal oxy. Kpin will be 2 hours or so to peak effects. Oxy will be 15 min to peak.

Assuming you have a high tolerance, I’d take both concurrently.

You’ll enjoy your oxy high for a while and as it starts to come down, the kpin will kick in. 8mg of kpin sounds excessive.

Also, I’m assuming oral kpin and intranasal oxy. Kpin will be 2 hours or so to peak effects. Oxy will be 15 min to peak.
[/QUOt
Nah man, he should crush n pop the oxys take 4mg kpin 20min later, ( i LOVE the distinctive come up from oxy its so euphoric) then the rest kpins after an hr and send ya into a smoothe nod.... IF you have a benzo tolerance because 8mg is up there for someone who takes them on occasion ( 6mg) is nuf to knock me out or get me reaaaaaall relaxed and i take 400mg morphine in one go, nothing beats 100mg oxy with a hit of crack though =p thats true bliss right there i shant ever forget that single mixed high, i remember staring at my ceiling seeing colors and weird waves and just felt so damn at peace and one with myself

Last edited:
Please please please be careful. I cant tell you how many overdoses ive responded to because someone mixed opiates and benzo's. Personally, Ive had some super strong H before and I literally had to tell myself to breathe and noticed it was hard to stay awake (ended up giving myself narcan). If you have to do this, dial 911 just in case.

Hey i got some xanax bars should i take them before or after i take codeine and can i combine none sedating antihistamines