• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

In this season of giving I think it’s important to recognize the joy of getting.. what do you want this season?

I know way too many people like that. Had some taste of it myself.
Nobody should be lacking the fundamental basics of human connection and physical security. :(

Please accept my entirely meaningless, yet sincerely meant best wishes for the improvement of your future arrangements.
Thanks 🙏 Not meaningless to me.

A brick of flualp and a case of vodka.

some 3fma (why do the best ones always disappear, rip clear web meff)

I recently had a friend give me the joy of feeling at peace/depression-free for over an entire week.
Extremely grateful & have no idea how to thank this person for something like that.

Material possessions could never do anything like that for me. The gift of joy & happiness is much more rewarding.
<3

Last edited:
I recently had a friend give me the joy of feeling at peace/depression-free for over an entire week.
Extremely grateful & have no idea how to thank this person for something like that.

Material possessions could never do anything like that for me. The gift of joy & happiness is much more rewarding.
<3
I hope he'll be with you for a long time.

She* :p

But thanks man. Life gets me down some times but then I always come across amazing people out there in the world.
Friendships are often underestimated I think. Everyone just concentrates on romance.

PS as for you saying 'I have no idea how to thank this person' just tell her what you've told us here.

I once asked my late best friend by way of a compliment whether 'they handed out people like him on prescription' , and he was hugely flattered to hear that. Everybody loves being told their company makes somebody feel better. 👍

Friendships are often underestimated I think. Everyone just concentrates on romance.

PS as for you saying 'I have no idea how to thank this person' just tell her what you've told us here.

I once asked my late best friend by way of a compliment whether 'they handed out people like him on prescription' , and he was hugely flattered to hear that. Everybody loves being told their company makes somebody feel better. 👍
Very true. I just wish I had the means to do more for the people who have & still do so much for me.

It always figures that these amazing people are always hundreds & hundreds of miles away or on the other side of the planet. lol But no amount of distance can really kill a friendship, as long as both parties put in the effort to stay in touch.

I've had a few people do some really selfless acts for me lately & I'm just filled with gratitude. I want to win the lotto & give something back to these people who look out for me & help me. Maybe one day I'll be able to.

I checked my list and the only thing I'm yet to receive is £500 trillion and the enslavery of the entire human race to suit my every whim as and when I decide.

So that's definitely what I expect on the morning of the 25th this year, and Santa better deliver or I will CUT his cinnamon cookie ration hard in 2024, mark my words!

No mince pies either!

mince pies christmas GIF by B&M Stores

What's mince?
erm, minced meat? (usually beef or pork)

And as a born German I experienced a massive culture shock when first moving to the UK (at age 18) and being introduced to 'mince' pies. To which I enthusiastically consented, expecting to be served a nice savoury treat, only to be confronted with a glob of over-sweetened mix of raisins and citrus fruits that's SURELY meant to be mixed into a cake batter, instead of making up a solid 'filling'. Oh and encased in super-sweet pastry too, and THEN covered in a dusting of icing sugar like we're all not getting diabetes already by being in the mere vicinity of one of these culinary atrocities. YUK.

Last edited:
What's mince?
PS and yeah, I reckon if you're Canadian or American, you'd say 'ground' meat instead. That just sounds revolting to an average European.

We 'grind' things like grains, spices or coffee beans. We specifically 'mince' meat, because calling that particular process 'grinding' evokes very unpleasant mental images of meat being turned into a paste.