• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

In the future will there be anti-addiction and WD drug?

Ne0

Bluelighter
I mean we slowly learn more about human brains, so I was thinking it isn't impossible to make some drug that could remove any drugs WDS instantly and after few weeks use would reset the brain to the state they were before addiction. This would be real miracle for any addict. Someone who have used methadone for 30 years could get clean from it from just one shot of the miracle drug, no WDS after stopping methadone, and for PAWS you would take some drugs for 1 week to "fix" brains. And for any kind of craving there would be anti craving drug. And even if you used there could be drug that you take once a week and it makes that the tolerance never will rise, and another drug that would prevent drug to make you're body to get depended to the used drug. So that would mean someone could use something like heroin for 10 years and tolerance would never rise and you would never get addicted to the drug (no body and no cravings). Would be really great,

What is you're thoughts? Could it be possible?

Last edited:
Since our brains are "habit forming" it would be next to impossible to take the addiction out of the brain immediately. Of course there are drugs thay can take the abused drug out of your body immediately such as narcan/naloxone for opiates. A few different ones for alcahol. As far as taking the addiction out of the brain with another drug is not a likely possibility. Not only because drug addiction affects so many different parts of the brain from the release of dopamine to the closing of endorphin receptors so they flood the brain to the reason you used in the first place... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a drug simular to one you described.

Interesting topic. I'm with above post and don't think there would be a way to make a drug less addictive. I did read about a medication that may help a person not to get addicted to cocaine, I can't remember its name as it was a while ago. I think it was something that would block the high.

I'm with T. in that this is a pretty interesting topic of discussion. The gist of my statement in regards to a "magic bullet" regarding addiction is such: we know so very, very little about how the body, mind and their constituent chemicals work. I feel like the fallacy is to believe that we're "99% of the way there", when really, we're about 15% of the way there and were 5% of the way there around the turn of the 1900's when medicine really began to take off at an exponential rate. We really don't know shit.

We're a long ways away from being able to arrest, eliminate or prevent addiction. Look at it this way, Morphine in one form or another has been the only truly effective means of pain control for thousands of years. What progress have we made? Well, the best we've been able to come up with are essentially different shades of the same color with only minute differences in both benefit and drawback. This is with all of humankind working around the clock to develop non-addictive, non-psychoactive means of pain control.

Yea, it's definitely possible, if the government chills on regulations preventing research on drugs. Im sure within 30 years or so there's gonna be at least one first world country that legalized everything, so after that a world of possibilities will open. Drug science will advance at a rapid rate, and we will develop new drugs for unconventional purposes. Right now people only create new drugs as medicine, except in very rare cases with people like shulgan. As all us bluelighters know, there are 4 main uses for drugs-medicinal, recreational, miscelanious aid/performance enhancing(like Trazodone for sleep without a sleep disorder or adderall as gaming steriods), and to counter negative effects of other drugs. Drugs are currently developed for the purpose of medicine, and only exist in the other 3 categories because they coincidently have uses there. If there were no drug laws, there would be an economic demand for drugs specifically designed in the other 3 categories. Companies would develop and sell them, as there is a profit in them. There would be drugs just as effective for withdrawal as there are for post surgery pain. We don't understand how to make such a drug, or how it would work, but we might in 50 years. Just because people in the early 1900s had no idea how we could go to the moon didn't mean we didn't go 60 years later. Drugs are the future

the only issue wouldn't be the removal of the addiction itself, but a complete restructuring of your own personality to eliminate the various habit-formed connections that have built up over your use of whatever substance.

Dr. Jordan Peterson does a really cool talk about it on youtube somewhere, he also mentions ibogaine.

My issue is i dont want to stop so all the rehabs where just wasting their time. I would turn around their handouts inpatient and doodle designer chemicals and read books like pihkal in my free time. Some drugs i take to reduce my desire very briefly like nmda antagonists or muscarinic antagonists or sodium channel blockers or anesthetics but it only is for a rapid sensitization that follows ime.

I think the bigger issue here is people not understanding what benefits drugs under very specific individual circumstances give people and try to get them to stop without giving them something better. For example, i have a baseline mood of suicidal depression before i started doing drugs. On drugs sure alot of really potentially life ending stuff happened but i didnt feel depressed. The only way i voluntarily stopped searching for that next new high was by compromise between medication, therapy, and keeping a few major things caffeine nicotine ect.

I was writing this while on 6 mg clonazepam so I wrote little bit hard to understand.
I was speaking about physical dependence not psychological addiction, they are different things. I mean in future there might be drug that you take with opioids and you never get physical dependence from opioids, but you still might get psychological addiction and would might shoot up heroin every day for years, but when you stop you don' get withdrawals. Or there could be a drug that you take for week when you stop opioids and you wont get any WD's. It would make easy to quit any drug because you wouldn't get wd's. You understand? Mental addiction would still be there, you would relapse as normally, but thats whole different thing. Ibogaine is little bit like this but it wont remove wds just make them go fast but it also affects psychological addiction.

Sorry if its hard to understand Im on 1500mg pregabalin.

My issue is i dont want to stop so all the rehabs where just wasting their time. I would turn around their handouts inpatient and doodle designer chemicals and read books like pihkal in my free time. Some drugs i take to reduce my desire very briefly like nmda antagonists or muscarinic antagonists or sodium channel blockers or anesthetics but it only is for a rapid sensitization that follows ime.

I think the bigger issue here is people not understanding what benefits drugs under very specific individual circumstances give people and try to get them to stop without giving them something better. For example, i have a baseline mood of suicidal depression before i started doing drugs. On drugs sure alot of really potentially life ending stuff happened but i didnt feel depressed. The only way i voluntarily stopped searching for that next new high was by compromise between medication, therapy, and keeping a few major things caffeine nicotine ect.

That sounds like me, what medication you have?

Actually that was extremely easy to understand. Dont worry about it i have psychosis during depression would talk much worse than that like "physical depr. Esss. Ion. I mea depressio i mean dependence bad bec re....
Sons ok?y u cominf
Ar
Me???"

I take adderall xr 30 mg orally dont crush
Adderall xr 25 mg + 4 hours orally dont crush
Lithium carbonate 750 mg
Provigil 200 mg
Effexor slow release 150mg

Coffee and green tea
Nicotine

Benadyrl as needed for flushing

I never experienced physical withdrawl because i was in a perpetual state of destroyed all of highschool. Id wakeup intoxicated get more intoxicated and be iin a constant stupid state either passed out or beyond reason on like 20 drugs

Ibogaine is little bit like this but it wont remove wds just make them go fast but it also affects psychological addiction.

Idk. My man didn't have any WD with the treatment. But he was also tripping balls for days so may have just not been aware.
Still relapsed within a week of returning though. So it didn't help 100%, willpower wasn't enough I guess.

I'm positive this is possible once our knowledge is high enough.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they already could do this.

But, that would be political, even though out shouldn't. Nasty, greedy back door deals, a crooked FDA. Profits, profits, profits. They'd rather us die off while first paying every last penny we have for chronic management medically speaking, something that makes us healthy and good after one dose, doesn't make them money.

Example....there are cues for cancer. Read about a cure for AIDS. Will give details on latter if asked. But that doesn't line their pockets with our money and suffering

As long as there are psychotic lunatics running things, that's a dream.

Last edited:
Actually that was extremely easy to understand. Dont worry about it i have psychosis during depression would talk much worse than that like "physical depr. Esss. Ion. I mea depressio i mean dependence bad bec re....
Sons ok?y u cominf
Ar
Me???"

I take adderall xr 30 mg orally dont crush
Adderall xr 25 mg + 4 hours orally dont crush
Lithium carbonate 750 mg
Provigil 200 mg
Effexor slow release 150mg

Coffee and green tea
Nicotine

Benadyrl as needed for flushing

Nice cocktail. What is adderal prescript for? Good that in you're country they can prescript modafinil for you. If I was going to doctor you can believe that they would only give the "not so good stuff" means only effoxor and lithium carbonate, at least I had bad experience with effexor, stopped it on second day because it actually made me feel like I was on opioid WD's physically and got huge anxiety, yes they say it will go aways in w weeks but staying in in that kind of hellish state for 2 weeks without any kind of benzo (which they didn't give me), No fucking way. And I have taken Lithium orotate for 4 months, I know it's not exactly the same thing but I read that it should be basically the same as carbonate but less toxic and didn't really notice major difference.

Idk. My man didn't have any WD with the treatment. But he was also tripping balls for days so may have just not been aware.
Still relapsed within a week of returning though. So it didn't help 100%, willpower wasn't enough I guess.

Ok that sounds actually good that there weren't any Wd's, but what about PAWS later?, tho he started to use again after 1 week so we don't know. I've heard that it should have effect mentally to chancing you're habits, etc. Maybe he was one of the few people who are lets say resistant to psychedelic positive effects, I mean there are two type of people when using psychedelics, ones who start to think about their identity and life and other ones who just enjoy the visual effects and so one, but never get intro-perspective. But this all means that ibogaine has some kind of alkoloids on it that takes away the opioid WD's. Wonder if there are any research studies on it?

Last edited: