• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction in praise of leur lock syringes for the IVDU

SKL

Bluelight Crew
Just want to share some injection stuff. I've taken up using Leur-Lock tuberculin syringes, which are available cheap in bulk online and come with a 27g x 1/2" needle, which is a bit big for some and can be rough of the veins, but I find it easier to register with, especially with the Leur-Lock mechanism where the blood is instantly visible in the hub or the Luer-Lock mechanism, rather than just a little flash in the barrel of the syringe in the dope solution. The beauty of the Leur-Lock mechanism of course is that you can swap your needles, various sizes of needles, including 30g for smaller or more sensitive veins,25g x 1in for some less than safe projects,. You can also use the male part of the Luer-Lock direct from the cotton, or even better, fit a wheel filter. You can even needle sizes for intramuscular injection, which is useful when you have to measure a small amount of solution for injection (for example, I am taking testosterone for supplement/replacement purposes, in doses far smaller than the bodybuilders the produc tI obtained usually take, to accurately measure a dose I need a 1cc syringe with appropriately small markers/divisions.) The syringes themselves (not counting the needles) are perfectly reusable, too, although safety dictates bleaching them thoroughly (which is not good for the long-term shelf life of the plastic, so can only be dine for so long. If left for more than a short period of time needed for bacteria to start growing; sharing them should still be not done because it is a good absolute rule to have and the syringes (syringe body + 27g x 1/2" needle) are cheap as hell, too.

Last edited:
i use luer lock syringes as well (shout out, yo!) but, my exchange only dishes out 26g tips, nothing smaller. i would prefer 27g so will have to look around on the net the next time i have to order some wheel filters.

are you able to share your source or is that breaking the rules?

i'm glad those are very common where i live, they're all i ever use (Luer Slips actually). i love being able to use the finest gauges from the 1ml ones into a 5ml barrel which would otherwise have a rhinoceros gauge 8( great for shooting big amounts of those not that easily solved powders

btw, i had the impression you were an ex-junkie, 'done with that life' guy, SKL...

Last edited: