• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

In pain, can't find relief

Kristiek82

Greenlighter
hi I'm new on here. I'm having a few issues lately in life. I have struggled with chronic migraines for years and have trouble with those. I have lower back pain that comes and goes with accompanying sciatica and I had a shoulder surgery 4 years ago that still causes me pain. However recently I hurt the bad shoulder at work and strained the muscles putting me in a lot of pain. The Drs don't seem too concerned with my pain and only want to give me Tylenol with codeine which did nothing and I developed a rash when taking, then gave me a 12 count script of tramadol which helped some. But I feel like nobody's taking me seriously and I'm in pain all the time. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly battling against my body and have no energy and feel like crap because some part of me is always hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Kristiek82,

Welcome to BL :).

I changed the title of your thread to get some more replies when I move your thread.

I think you should look for a new doctor and tell him your issue. Doctors these days are hesitant to prescribe potent painkillers to just anyone due to drug seekers and the amount of people addicted to them.

Homeless ----> BDD

Have you tried cannabis? Using opiates for neuropathic pain is generally not an accepted treatment, and definitely not something most doctors are comfortable with.

^^^^^^+1 for cannabis. Opioids opens a whole new can of worms and should be avoided if possible. Not to say they don't work, though.

Also maybe asking for a non narcotic would keep the red flags down a bit as well as a family doctor.... gabapentin has worked wonders for me..... best of luck to you.

I have occasional sciatica issues and I've never noticed any benefit from cannabis, for any type of pain really. In fact cannabis can make my muscles stiff, this can mean a sore lower back too :\. Of course it's the best first line of action to take before moving on to other medications though.

If cannabis isn't doing it for you or just not what you're looking for and your dr is reluctant to prescribe opioids, then you might want to talk to your doctor about gabapentin in order to treat your sciatica issues. It's a more suitable analgesic than opioids for nerve pain and more likely than not your nerve pain is the cause of your lower back issues as well. According to this study it showed great promise as a treatment option.

Lyrica is a better option however gabapentin is going to be a lot easier to get as it's widely regarded as an unabusable non narcotic medication and unlike pregabalin it is unscheduled. This means that if you're determined you can purchase it from online pharmacies without a prescription, though I'm sure your doctor will be open to the suggestion. As always though if you feel that your doctor isn't hearing you out seek out one that does.

Last edited:
I have abkylosing spondylitis and arthritis in my spine. I took lyrica and gabbapentin didn't work. Now a days Dr's are reluctant to give narcotic meds. If he does offer some lower grade opioids. Stay away from tramadol. It's very bad for you and can cause seizures. I would ask for Tylenol and Codiene. If that pains not that bad. Or just plain codiene pills without the Tylenol cuz that's bad for you. . take it with ibuprofen.