IN, Indy - 01.29.09 Thursday - Money, Hoes, & Clothes Designer Drugs @ Talbott Street

smithers, im disappointed ... you missed a fun night.

oh, and whatsup w/ everyone sending me reduced list requests @ like 10PM the night of the show? srsly ppl ....

we had a good time! music was good, wasnt quite what i expected from DD but good tunes nonetheless! Good seeing Tien and some other familar faces, decent turnout from what I could tell.

The only complaint I had was the sound, shocking I know at Talbott street. If I didnt have earplugs or they didnt provide them at the counter up front, we would have probably either left or hung around the bar to avoid the ear-damaging noise, it was a bit ridiculous.

But we know that coming to Talbott street that the sound has a large probability of sucking ass, its really sad/disappointing/reckless that the sound continues to be an issue despite all the complaints and problems in the past.

I know Geek has done what he can to the sound when he has events to prevent this from happening (limiters, lots of sound checks, watching the levels, having his own sound guy, etc), but its sad that the club hasnt taking action on it either. It shouldnt be solely geeks repsonsibilty to fixing the sound at the club when its clearly a problem. I really feel sorry for all the people that dont realize that they are actually doing damage to their ears because of the sound in this club. I cant think of any other place we have had more issues with sound than at Talbott.

Good party, good tunes, good friends, couldnt ask for much more. I'm glad I drug Lea off the couch at 1130 to come out to this, we enjoyed it!

Tracklist for my set:

01. Jurassic 5 - Freedom
02. Travis Blaque (feat. Fabian, Future, and Mac) - The Bachelors (RJD2 Remix)
03. Mozes Gunn - Knock 'Em Out
04. Ugly Duckling - I Did It Like This
05. Naughty By Nature (feat. Zhane) - Jamboree (Club Mix)
06. Björk - I Miss You (Dobie Rub Part One - Sunshine Mix)
07. Skee-Lo - I Wish (Candy Station Hood Rat Vocoder Mix)
08. Concise - Fame
09. The Herbaliser (feat. Phi Life Cypher) - Distinguished Jamaican English
10. Master Minds - Liberty
11. Saafir - Smart Bomb
12. Fat Cat Kareem - Money Game
13. The Herbaliser (feat. Roots Manuva) - Lord, Lord
14. Sef The X-Cutioner - Evian
15. Pharaoh Monch - WWIII (Instrumental) <--oops
16. Master Minds (feat. J-Treds, El-P, and J-Live) - Seven

All tracks are the original vocal versions except where noted.

For future reference....... for people that don’t know. You can buy disposable ear plugs from the little store they have at the front of the club. They were a $1 a pair. You just have to ask for them.

For future reference....... for people that don’t know. You can buy disposable ear plugs from the little store they have at the front of the club. They were a $1 a pair. You just have to ask for them.

duly noted!

I was talking about a compressor not condenser lol, i was a bit buzzed. Would you know by chance where I could get a good deal on one? I think that would also help the vocal issue at Talbott too.

All in all, I had a good time. What was up w/ all those tables on the dancefloor? Kinda defeats the dance purpose doesn't it

a compressor can "condense" when you're using it as a limiter. hit me up B, i got a mid priced one that can be used for what you want (limiting). i don't need it now. i'll include a crash course on compression too. :\