IN, Indianapolis - 11.26.08 - K,THX! w/ DAVID HOLLANDS (NYC), Deanne, Brandon Kaye

i'm not, but from the past few times i've been there, i've left with my ears ringing, which isn't good.

obviously i missed ya', Codi. i got there around 1:15am.

had fun. thanks for having me. saw some old friends [which is always part of the fun on holiday nights such as that one] and i didn't even mind the one-legged wheelchair dude trying to rub his stump on me and my friend Jon all night.

It's cool. I honestly wasn't digging the vibe, and it didn't seem like Gizz was either. We'll hang out soon. :)

Thanks everyone for coming!! We all had a blast and some faces showed up that haven't been around in here quite some time.

We'll be doing a NYE event at FortyFive, so watch out for that announcement later this week. Some of you probably picked up a pre-flyer at K,THX!, so consider yourself in the know ;]

I honestly wasn't digging the vibe
You gotta make the vibe, girlfrand.

nah, the rave ended circa 2001. sorry, you missed the ship. :p :D

it will come back! you'll see. sooner or later people are gonna get sick of listening to depressing, whiny music. at least i hope so.

it will come back! you'll see. sooner or later people are gonna get sick of listening to depressing, whiny music. at least i hope so.

Would be kickassness but Im not keeping my fingers crossed. Its not the people, its the MAN.

if the 40s speak easies can give way to the 50s sock hops, which gave way to the 70s circuit faggotry [yes, it's been around longer than raves], which fed into the 80s acid house and 90s rave, then it's just a matter o' time...

of course, it ain't gonna be nothing we all remember, but it'll be something.

i say bring back the Speak Easies!!!!

edit:
and let's not confuse 'little-to-no-raves-in-the-midwest' with 'no-raves'... shit's still poppin' in some places... even in america.

if the 40s speak easies can give way to the 50s sock hops, which gave way to the 70s circuit faggotry [yes, it's been around longer than raves], which fed into the 80s acid house and 90s rave, then it's just a matter o' time...

Of course, it ain't gonna be nothing we all remember, but it'll be something.

I say bring back the speak easies!!!!

edit:
and let's not confuse 'little-to-no-raves-in-the-midwest' with 'no-raves'... Shit's still poppin' in some places... Even in america.

chuuch!!!

viva le revelution! gotta convert new members too,in order to flourish the ranks..

viva le revelution! gotta convert new members too,in order to flourish the ranks..

Well, we don't want to scare them off with "i've been in the scene since XXXX" douchebagery. Every time I hear that I immediately want to talk to someone else. Just have fun!

Maybe we could use the force to bring it back.

vader_bowling.gif

new rave renaissance requires a few things:

new and better dj's/artists getting that ravetastic exposure
better and cheaper drugs
new fashion model other than kandi/baggy pants/designer fleece pullovers
people genuinely interested in dj culture as opposed to weird music that sounds cool under the influence
professional promoters who aren't greedy and care about their party patrons

basically a 180'.

You don't want a 'rave renaissance'... you want a Never Was, Never Had Been, Never Will Be all rolled into one.

Well, we don't want to scare them off with "i've been in the scene since XXXX" douchebagery. Every time I hear that I immediately want to talk to someone else. Just have fun!

Maybe we could use the force to bring it back.

vader_bowling.gif

lol. thats defiantly not me. there are a few people on here that know me personally,and that white zombie,and skinny puppy was my first music..but nothing has the variety of electronica,nor the manipulation of sound,nor the beautiful neon and glow fashion that i see at raves. i cant really think of any genre that has quite the level of personal expression that electronica has,in its music or otherwise,which is why i favor this genre.