• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

In a lot of pain, should I increase the Opioids or Gabapentinoids?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I suffer with a very painful and complex chronic nerve pain condition called Peripheral Neuropathy that I've got for life, I've been on my current Oxycodone and Pregabalin dosage regimen for several years without the need to increase anything with success lowering my pain levels to about 3/10. However over the past 4 weeks my pain levels have increased to about a 6 or 7 permanently, I was hoping it was just a flare up but it isn't :(. Should I inform my GP about my new pain levels or should I soldier on? Cheers guys.

Hey evo, I think you definitely should talk to your doctor about this situation. There could be other different or novel treatments you've yet to try that might be more effective than just increasing the analgesia medications.

I would definitely let them know what is going on and recommend against increasing the dose without being told to, as this could actually cause more problems in the long-run.

Keep us posted.

I've tried everything Keif, I've had two failed surgeries on the offending nerve (left arm radial nerve), I've had Physio Therapy, I've had TENS, I've had CBT, basically the pain meds are my last option. I think I better tell him.