• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Important study and cannabis related question

Gibby the Great

Greenlighter
I have a certain competition for an organization I'm in in less than a month, and I am also a regular cannabis user. I need my brain to be performing at a relatively full capacity. So what I'm wondering is should I stop smoking for about a week or so before the competition or should I smoke up until the competition if I want to perform better? I ask this question that might sound stupid because I've noticed that when I lay off of cannabis for a few days, as I do quite often, after about the first 24 hours of being sober I start to become VERY forgetful and my memory is VERY short-term. I literally forgot if I had washed my hands within the past 10 minutes at one point, so I washed them again just in case. I get a few other minor side-effects of withdrawal, but that's besides the point. What should I do?

smoke a bowl before the competition. not too much, and not anything that will make you too stoned to compete.

Maybe try a one-hitter. Conserves weed and it's a lot easier to manage how high you get. They're pretty cheap online and in head shops. That way, you surely won't get too stoned right before.

Maybe try a one-hitter. Conserves weed and it's a lot easier to manage how high you get. They're pretty cheap online and in head shops. That way, you surely won't get too stoned right before.
Yeah just take 1 hit from a one-hitter. That can help. Try to get a sativa strain.

So, just to be clear, you all sincerely think I should smoke a little before taking the test? It's the epidemiology contest in HOSA, and I'm pretty much positive I'm gonna get first in the state based off of what has happened in the past and how I've placed on certain things. I absolutely need to be on top of my game for this. Just trying to clarify haha

^^Competitions are different than exams, though.

You say you're a regular cannabis user. If you're using it regularly enough that you pretty much function high 24/7, you'll likely want to keep that trend going for your competition. Don't get stoned, just have some in your system. A couple puffs, maybe a bowl.

If, however, regular just means you use often but not multiple times a day, every day, then I would suggest abstaining for as long as possible before your competition. Like you said, there's a certain fogginess that comes with cold-turkey cessation of a weed habit, but that really should clear up 2-4 days after you stop smoking.

This advice is by no means definitive. It's just advice based around what I would do in this kind of situation, and what I have done previously for similarly important academic requirements.

I Find Use AS MUCH YOU FEEEL you Need Don't Just Smoke because you don't Feel More would be to much But because Smoking More Feels At the Time to Be A More Self-Beneficial Thing To Do At The Moment.

^^Competitions are different than exams, though.

You say you're a regular cannabis user. If you're using it regularly enough that you pretty much function high 24/7, you'll likely want to keep that trend going for your competition. Don't get stoned, just have some in your system. A couple puffs, maybe a bowl.

If, however, regular just means you use often but not multiple times a day, every day, then I would suggest abstaining for as long as possible before your competition. Like you said, there's a certain fogginess that comes with cold-turkey cessation of a weed habit, but that really should clear up 2-4 days after you stop smoking.

This advice is by no means definitive. It's just advice based around what I would do in this kind of situation, and what I have done previously for similarly important academic requirements.

When I say I'm a regular cannabis user, I mean that I smoke at least once a day on the weekends (Fri-Sun) but usually several times. A few months ago it was 3 times a day every day haha... During the week it has been maybe twice (once on Tuesday, once on Thursday, for example), but nowadays I'm trying to cut it down to just the weekends due to financial reasons and also I don't get high like I used to anymore (tolerance got sky high during the 3 times a day period). So most likely I will take your second advice and stop exactly a week before. Idk...

Well this is a tough one... If you feel you need to be clear headed, stop asap so you will be over the withdrawl symptoms.
Although as others have said, if you're used to functioning with it in your system, you might be better off using a very small amount before hand. Not to get high, just so your body knows it's there.