• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Impax launches generic opana er!

HaZeX

Bluelighter
Impax is commencing shipment of Oxymorphone HCl Extended-Release Tablets through Global Pharmaceuticals in 5mg, 7.5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, and 40mg in 30-, 100-, and 1000-count bottles.

Source: http://www.empr.com/impax-launches-generic-opana-er-tablets/article/274796/

Ingrediants:"Oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets are for oral use and contain oxymorphone, a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic. Oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets are supplied in 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg tablet strengths for oral administration. The tablet strength describes the amount of oxymorphone hydrochloride per tablet.
The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, xanthan gum, magnesium stearate, polyvinyl alcohol – partially hydrolyzed, macrogol, talc, and titanium dioxide. The 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg tablets contain FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake. In addition, the 5 mg tablets contain FD&C Blue #2 and D&C Red #27. The 7.5 mg tablets contain FD&C Blue #2 and FD&C Red #40. The 20 mg tablets contain D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #1, and FD&C Blue #2. The 30 mg tablets contain Iron Oxide Yellow and Iron Oxide Black. The 40 mg tablets contain D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake."

Prescribing info: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=557e9610-62d7-42bf-90c1-44215bd8c1f8

so are these like the old formulation opanas or are they just generics with the new abuse resistant mechanisms?

Opanas kinda suck except the 5 and 10mg IR's (which still kinda suck cuz they are huge). the only way to use them (the ER ones) and feel an effect is to t00t em and even that is ruff (goops up your nose real fast i hear)..

man, having a 1000ct bottle of the 40mg pills would have you set financially for quite some time. those things sell for more than OC around here....insane how much pills go for on the streets these days.

I was wounded in combat. It took years to find a med that worked well for me. Then I lost it because it was reformulated because of people selling it and abusing it. Now there's a generic available that will work for me and I'll lose it too because of people like you talking about selling it!!!! Why don't you just drink, or use heroin or something?! Whatever! I don't care! Just don't mess with the medicaton that I actually need!!!!

I was wounded in combat. It took years to find a med that worked well for me. Then I lost it because it was reformulated because of people selling it and abusing it. Now there's a generic available that will work for me and I'll lose it too because of people like you talking about selling it!!!! Why don't you just drink, or use heroin or something?! Whatever! I don't care! Just don't mess with the medicaton that I actually need!!!!

Okay, we'll all stop talking about drugs so you don't lose your script, as if that would actually make a difference....

Just to let you know, even if WE stopped. There would be others that would take our place.

Why dont you drink doc? thats how pain was managed for many many centuries? oh wait, thats right...theres other people in the world with chronic pain, or problems with pain. What you dont realize is that many people use prescription pain killers to ease pain believe it or not. we all dont just sit around getting high of medication. The problem is people like me wont get seen by a doctor because im seen as a "drug seeker" either way it shouldnt matter. We should all be able to use watever chemicals we want.

either way we appreciate your service to your country sir! (assuming your US)

I don't care if you use your meds differently than just swallowing them! They're your meds! Use them however they best help you! I'm just saying that everybody should'nt be talking openly about abusing them! Don't you agree with that?

And you're right...it is hard to find a prescribing physician because of all the abuse. That's what's frustrating about it. It took years after I was wounded to find a med that really worked for me then after I'd been on it for a few years, finally getting some real pain relief, they went and changed them to deter the abuse! I think you should have a doctor and a script and use them however they best help you. I just don't think any of us should lose these too because of people talking about abusing them. Know what I mean?

^I understand your frustration, and I'm not really a pill user, but abuse is so rampant and widespread and known to everybody now, there's really no way to go back and change that....

People discussing on Bluelight is not the reason they cracked down on prescription drugs....

I understand your plight, but was it really us "junkies" doc? It seems to be too much of a coincidence that the reformulated drug emerged JUST before the patent ran out on the original.