• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Imodium potentiates

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowdive

Bluelighter
You all know I have been dependent on tramadol since 2003.
Well, I am taking a break until Monday and today is day 3 without it. Needless to say, I have been having some extreme withdrawals. I have been using cannabis (which I haven't smoked since Jan 2009) and it has been helping a lot.

As soon as I woke up I took some 6mg of Imodium (loperamide). Two hours later I was able to come across 20mg of hydrocodone. Now, I was hesitant about mixing loperamide and hydrocodone, but since I'm not looking for a buzz, just desperate to lower these tramadol WD symptoms, I took only 10mg of the hydrocodone.

I am feeling that 10mg of hydrocodone. More than I thought I would. There is obviously a cross tolerance between tramadol and other opioids, because when using hydro instead of tramadol, I need at least 20mg to make withdrawal go away. And I could be getting strong effects from the hydrocodone today because I have gone 2 days without tramadol, but I feel the loperamide may be potentiating hydrocodone's effects.

I feel fine right now. No tramadol withdrawal at all, but they will return soon because of hydro's short half life in comparison. I was initially worried about severe constipation from mixing hydrocodone and loperamide so close together, but at these dosages I don't believe anything life threatening will occur. I may use another 10mg of hydro later today. not sure yet.

well tramadol is hardly an opiate, its like an opiate and a fast acting anti depressant in one

the WDs u are feeling arent just opiate related

from what i remember, ur basically withdrawing from an anti depressant at the same time

tramadol is a terrible opiate to fuck with, idk why its even on the market...so many side effects, even doctors are against it.

id stick to something like codeine if i were u..

and the lope is most likely not potentiating anythign at all, it doesnt cross the BBB

and if ur worryd about constipation, why take the lope, u know its MEANT and prescribed for that effect itself...

and all opiates constipate u, its no big deal, not like u wont be able to shit tomrrow morning...

if its so bothersome, just shit before u dose.

and theres no question here, woudldnt be suprised if it were closed.

and of course nothing life threatening would occur, ur taking a prescription dose, none the less, ur withdrawling ..so ur body kiiiiinda wants it

Loperamide doesn't potentiate anything other than the constipation induced by ingesting opiates/opioids because it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier.

It's not dangerous to combine Loperamide with any opiate/opioid. You'll probably be very constipated but that's about it.

well tramadol is hardly an opiate, its like an opiate and a fast acting anti depressant in one

the WDs u are feeling arent just opiate related

from what i remember, ur basically withdrawing from an anti depressant at the same time

tramadol is a terrible opiate to fuck with, idk why its even on the market...so many side effects, even doctors are against it.

id stick to something like codeine if i were u..

and the lope is most likely not potentiating anythign at all, it doesnt cross the BBB

and if ur worryd about constipation, why take the lope, u know its MEANT and prescribed for that effect itself...

and all opiates constipate u, its no big deal, not like u wont be able to shit tomrrow morning...

if its so bothersome, just shit before u dose.

and theres no question here, woudldnt be suprised if it were closed.

and of course nothing life threatening would occur, ur taking a prescription dose, none the less, ur withdrawling ..so ur body kiiiiinda wants it

^ None of that info is new to me.
And you're right. I don't know why I made this thread.

Loperamide doesn't potentiate anything other than the constipation induced by ingesting opiates/opioids because it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier.

It's not dangerous to combine Loperamide with any opiate/opioid. You'll probably be very constipated but that's about it.

Please, PLEASE stop spreading misinformation when you have literally NO idea what you are taking about. Your information (as in this case) can be dangerous and potentially life threatening. Imodium (lope) DOES cross the bbb in large doses and since you do not posses a medical degree please refrain from advising people on how or when to take it and don't make up side effects (as you clearly have done) to scare people. Taking Imodium or loperamide in its prescribed doses will not make you any more constipated than one (as in one single) 10mg percocet would normally make you. As a PA I had previously seen low dose opiates/opioids prescribed to patients who suffer from IBS and even crohn's disease. While Crohn's is known to be painful itself some patients experience chronic diarrhea or constipation and can vary wildly between the two, however since Opiates have become the new hot button topic and doctors all around the country are to afraid to prescribe scheduled drugs to even long time pain patients this has become more uncommon.

Let me be very clear, if you combine high doses of loperamide (60mg or higher) with any form of opiate/opioid you run all the risks of respiratory depression and overdose that would accompany high dose opiates alone. Loperamide can be potentiated by mixing it with drugs (like tagament) that have known interactions with narcotics.

In summation taking Imodium as prescribed(usually 2-4mg every 4-6 hours) you run absolutely ZERO risk of becoming any more constipated, even if you mix it with opiates. 10mg lope is almost exactly the same as 10mg perc as far as your intestine and bowls are concerned. You won't be "Constipated for the next decade" like some asinine people suggest. I mean come on, it's the internet, it's easy to simply google any information you could possibly want and verify that information by fact checking it against ANY real legitimate medical source in the world. Combining high dose lope can and is EXTREMELY risky in opiate naive patients. And to those who may have a tolerance, loperamide WILL produce euphoric effects, it WILL get you high and has been described as having body high, it will make you drowsy, more so than morphine, combining it with any amount of perc/tab/oxy/roxy will potentate it.

Please fact check everything when it comes to recreational pain relief, or even prescribed pain management, it's easy to do and know that just because someone has respected status on an online forum doesn't give them any actual knowledge. It's all anecdotal and should always be dismissed as nonsense until you have verified them as a respected source.

Thank you for pointing this out, Blindbraille. This is an old thread and I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.