• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Imodium AD

JustPaige

Greenlighter
PLEASE HELP. IM A CLOSET PAIN SUFFERER / ADDICT… and I’m desperate to get some relief / help. I know maintenance medication is the way to go , but I live in a really small rural community and there’s literally no way for me to get the help that I NEED without everyone in the world knowing. (unless any of you know of any mail order companies!? ). I’ve taken these strips and they work for really well for me!

A friend gave me a few one time. But now I don’t have a way to get them. I feel so HOPELESS!

But I went today and bought several boxes of Imodium A.D. I don’t know how much to take. 😭😭😭😭 I know this is NOT recommended but it’s all I have right now.

Please help me?

Okay I know you're desperate but you've gotta be careful with Imodium (loperamide) because in high doses it can cause spontaneous heart attacks. This is obviously uncommon but it does happen (and has happened to some people on Bluelight!!). So be cautious, please.

Only take enough loperamide to get rid of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'd probably start with 4 x 2mg capsules (8mg loperamide), wait 30 minutes, then take another 2mg capsule every 30 minutes until your withdrawal symptoms are gone. Don't go higher than 10 x 2mg capsules (20mg).

What country are you in? We will be better able to help. We need more info about your habit and where you are.

Never try to get high off loperamide, only use it for symptom relief which it can be quite good at.

Please give us more details about what you are going through so we can help.

What do you take and how much? Do you plan on getting more any time soon?

Okay I know you're desperate but you've gotta be careful with Imodium (loperamide) because in high doses it can cause spontaneous heart attacks. This is obviously uncommon but it does happen (and has happened to some people on Bluelight!!). So be cautious, please.

Only take enough loperamide to get rid of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'd probably start with 4 x 2mg capsules (8mg loperamide), wait 30 minutes, then take another 2mg capsule every 30 minutes until your withdrawal symptoms are gone. Don't go higher than 10 x 2mg capsules (20mg).
Thank you so much for your reply! I was thinking it was like 20 pills or something LOL. I was just on 8 mg sub a day. Which worked really well :(

I really wish I didn’t live where I do. Has been almost impossible to manage alone. Sometimes I think I just can’t go on anymore honestly. I just need to get through this 😪😪😪. I literally bought like 200 pills of Imodium lol. I took my last 8mg strip yesterday :( I cut it - but by last night I had to take the other half … I already feel like dog poo :(

What country are you in? We will be better able to help. We need more info about your habit and where you are.

Never try to get high off loperamide, only use it for symptom relief which it can be quite good at.

Please give us more details about what you are going through so we can help.

What do you take and how much? Do you plan on getting more any time soon?
Thank you for your reply! I am in the US. And no, I really want to be off of everything and through this. I do not want to take the Imodium to get high… Although I’m OK with long term maintenance medication , I just can’t get them locally. I am in a really small town and can’t do anything like methadone every morning, etc… I had finally gotten some 8 mg sub strips from a friend (at a price of course,) which worked really well. But I can’t get any more. Before those I was taking five or six 15 mg oxy a day…

check out WD threads, great advice on it, it wont seem easy or what you want to hear, but its easier than you think right now to care for yourself in this difficult experience

check out WD threads, great advice on it, it wont seem easy or what you want to hear, but its easier than you think right now to care for yourself in this difficult experience
Thank you. Other than ike three ‘user friends/ suppliers’ no one on the planet knows I use anything. I’m going crazy over here. I found this site by chance. Thank you again. I feel super hopeless and alone. And honestly I’m just stopping the pills because I just can’t get them. I originally had a “legitimate” need , and still do , but they’re just impossible to get. Believe me if I could get a script, I would just manage them!
LOL but without one, I would rather be in pain than trying to find them all the time and/ or sick. 😪😪😪😪. I’m spent 😓😓😓😓. This has been a really hard couple years. ❤️ Anyway , sorry to go on and on. Like I said , I’ve just never told anybody… 🥺

never be sorry, go on and on and on, its good for you , you are not alone, i too was a opiate addict , no one knew and truly they thought i was the last to use fentanyl, being this trippy dippy health food nut, and it made recovery even more difficult to speak of, the lies and all, but you have found a site you might feel solace in, sure has been some hard years, but i feel you will look back with relief, and maybe some insight, perhaps to be able to help others with time, heck even now, but now its about you, and we are here to help you in almost any way we can, trust in that Paige

Last edited:
never be sorry, go on and on and on, its good for you , you are not alone, i too was a opiate addict , no one knew and truly they thought i was the last to use fentanyl, being this trippy dippy health food nut, and it made recovery even more difficult to speak of, the lies and all, but you have found a site you might feel solace in, sure has been some hard years, but i feel you will look back with relief, and maybe some insight, perhaps to be able to help others with time, heck even now, but now its about you, and we are here to help you in almost any way we can, trust in that Paige
Thank you. I’m fucking SOBBING. LOL. I feel like I’ve led a double life until this moment . My entire family and community would literally disown me if they even suspected! I am the ‘perfect’ everything…(mom, community leader, blah blah… * but obviously not for real!- everything in this whole world is just fucking fake. Honestly. I totally relate to the hippy/ Health nut thing lol I read the package of everything my kids touch. I feel like a fucking liar. And like I said , if I could even GET the pills , I would probably still attempt to ‘manage’ them and continue to use. It’s all just become too hard. To be honest. Ps. It may just be my state of mind , but I’m having trouble navigating this site 🫤 any tips on finding this the WD threads? I’m really sorry to take up space in the wrong threads… 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Thank you.

you're not taking up space, im touched by your honesty NOW, many of can relate to the double life , it eats away at the soul, when i need to look for a thread for help, in the upper right-hand corner is a magnify glass, i type in withdrawal, opiate, etc, ive been around BL for a minute , i still struggle, never ever feel ashamed here to ask for any help, just take your time, dont be a stranger, let us know how you are doing and you can private message me

you're not taking up space, im touched by your honesty NOW, many of can relate to the double life , it eats away at the soul, when i need to look for a thread for help, in the upper right-hand corner is a magnify glass, i type in withdrawal, opiate, etc, ive been around BL for a minute , i still struggle, never ever feel ashamed here to ask for any help, just take your time, dont be a stranger, let us know how you are doing and you can private message me
Thank you 🙏🏼🥺❤️

I'm sure a lot of you other folks are considering the issue of "sourcing" with this thread, but I feel we can make an executive decision to help this young lady get toward maintenance. For anyone who isn't already aware, we can't help our OP find anything illegal.

I just wanted to add, there are numerous online services now that offer mail-order Buprenorphine. The nature of Google sharing my information in the age of targeted advertisement means I get them all the time.

Do a Google search. You can do a consultation on your phone and computer and they can either mail the Buprenorphine to you or send an electronic prescription. I specifically am seeing "same day consultations". Let me just say, as a junkie myself, they're speaking my native tongue with that "same day service" shit. Many of them also prescribe the standard "comfort medications" like Gabapentin (Neurontin), Clonidine (Catapres) et al

Not only is this a practical choice for convenience, but I reckon it's even more private than meeting a friend for pills, as your privacy is protected by the Federal Government.

Loperamide (Immodium), as you know, is a dangerous practice when applied to Opioid withdrawal. The more you take, the higher the dose, the likelier you are to face catastrophic side-effects and I don't use that term lightly. People have died and who knows how many other deaths have gone unreported or otherwise without Loperamide being identified as a correlation.

It's all relative, but I think you should try to manage with 20mg per day until you can get your Buprenorphine prescription or otherwise find a steady supply. You cannot maintain yourself on Loperamide.

I'm sure a lot of you other folks are considering the issue of "sourcing" with this thread, but I feel we can make an executive decision to help this young lady get toward maintenance. For anyone who isn't already aware, we can't help our OP find anything illegal.

I just wanted to add, there are numerous online services now that offer mail-order Buprenorphine. The nature of Google sharing my information in the age of targeted advertisement means I get them all the time.

Do a Google search. You can do a consultation on your phone and computer and they can either mail the Buprenorphine to you or send an electronic prescription. I specifically am seeing "same day consultations". Let me just say, as a junkie myself, they're speaking my native tongue with that "same day service" shit. Many of them also prescribe the standard "comfort medications" like Gabapentin (Neurontin), Clonidine (Catapres) et al

Not only is this a practical choice for convenience, but I reckon it's even more private than meeting a friend for pills, as your privacy is protected by the Federal Government.

Loperamide (Immodium), as you know, is a dangerous practice when applied to Opioid withdrawal. The more you take, the higher the dose, the likelier you are to face catastrophic side-effects and I don't use that term lightly. People have died and who knows how many other deaths have gone unreported or otherwise without Loperamide being identified as a correlation.

It's all relative, but I think you should try to manage with 20mg per day until you can get your Buprenorphine prescription or otherwise find a steady supply. You cannot maintain yourself on Loperamide.
Excellent post, as always ❤