• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Immune to weed in just 6 months??

John_Burrows

Bluelighter
I have a previous history with opiates, but that spiraled out of control a few years ago and now I've been experimenting with weed to deal with pain and anxiety.

I'm over 40 and was never a weed smoker. About 6 months ago I started experimenting with vaping. I only smoke once a day in the evening. But after 6 months, I already seem to have such a tolerance it just doesn't affect me anymore. The only way I get any sort of buzz is if I take a hit that's way too big and start to cough like crazy - that gives me a rush. But that's it. Regular smoking does zilch.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I'm already using stuff that's over 90% THC. Someone suggested smoking the plant itself and not vape cartridges might help, but i'm not a big fan of actual smoking.

Thanks!

Yeah I do what Shady said lol

But also, shop around.
Most people don’t realise (I think the Dutch might still appreciate this and I hear the Americans are all over it again too with legalisation, but at least where I’m from it’s not a ‘thing’ because no one has a freaking clue how to grow the shit properly)

Go back to the basics, what are you using it for?
Indica is the better option for pain relief and calming anxiety.
Sativa is the more ‘famous’ bud, great for social environments, getting baked and having munchies ;)

Well at least that’s the belief my hippy uncles raised me on, and I still favour the sweet lighter taste and buzz of my sativa, but I’m told the science isn’t there on that theory now.
Too much cross breeding over gens means pretty much all weed is a hybrid and essentialy both strains.

Now they expect us to be chemists, it’s the individual chemical compounds that make the weed effective for the desired treatment apparently.
You want to find a dispenser that knows their stuff, tell them what you’re using the weed for and take their advice.
Or better yet, do some reading and arm yourself before you go in so you know what you’re looking for.

Here’s a great place to start.

Yeah, go flower. I’ve always hated smoking but in terms of flower and vaping, something is always missing from oils that you get with the actual plant imo. Not the same and probably safer with all the vape contaminates

90% THC? Most flower nowadays has 10 - 30 %.

I will say that back when I was smoking JWH compounds (which have MUCH more THC per capita than flower), I simply could not get high off of “regular” weed. I had to quit for a long period of time before my tolerance reset itself.

are you vaping from a vape pen of thc distillate? cus that would make sense at 90%. From my vape cartridge experience, you do get quite used to.

Id say go with flower all day. Its the most reliable in my opinion. But at the same time, hash oil, or dabs or wax or whatever your preferred slang is equally as reliable, if not much stronger in initial effect. I rarely smoke flower myself unless socially. if I medicate at home, I dab live rosin.